HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He is. I'd love to have him. But in a year where we can easily tail spin into bottom 5, there's very little chance I'd want to part with our first rounder. Learned that lesson from Tarahna
We have some good young players on the team and in our system I doubt we would need to trade our 1st

Agreed on the Gauthier part about him making a move just to save his ass though and that's why I want him gone before the trade deadline if he isn't coming back next year he shouldn't be making moves

Old
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
habshound247

Just mentioned Josh Gorges as a rumor...possibly to Nashville in a BIG deal. Batter up...

Old
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
Just mentioned Josh Gorges as a rumor...possibly to Nashville in a BIG deal. Batter up...
Gorges for SK!

Wait..

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-27-2011, 11:29 AM
habshound247

Quote:
Gorges for SK!

Wait..
lol!

Old
12-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

and isn't it a red flag that a key piece of a trade done last year, is on the block already?
Not really. Colorado has the balls to move key components to get better and they always have. Montreal hangs on to their assets way to long, till they no longer have value.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Not really. Colorado has the balls to move key components to get better and they always have. Montreal hangs on to their assets way to long, till they no longer have value.
Colorado is one of the last team in the league I would use as a example if I want to encourage big trades considering the fact that they got fleeced in their last few deals. That's like saying "look at Montreal, that Gomez trade took balls we should try something like that!".

Old
12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Colorado is one of the last team in the league I would use as a example if I want to encourage big trades considering the fact that they got fleeced in their last few deals. That's like saying "look at Montreal, that Gomez trade took balls we should try something like that!".
The Washington deal? Yes. St Louis? Not really. I think it's a fair deal. Siemens+EJ = Stew+Shatt.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Um, he is big, tough and gritty. He's one of my favorite players in the league (Colorado days). I'm not sure though that it's a good idea to trade a LW against another RW. If we were to lose Kostitsyn in the summer we would have a serious lack of good LW.
Exactly. Having him would be a major upgrade in terms of building a bigger grittier team.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
This is what I'm afraid of. PG is known to be pretty frugal but if he panics and starts giving away things he has no business giving, I'll flip.
If PG makes another trade that seems to sway the other way right off the bat, I don't think he'll remain here long.
If PG makes another deal, he needs to come out on top as a clear winner or at the very least, fair.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I really hope PG doesn't make any other moves, I want a new GM and let him decide which type of roster he wants

Would be nice to get Radulov though

Old
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
suter? ufa for ufa

or radulov?

either way i'd prefer keeping gorges

Old
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I could see something like Radulov+Ellis for Gorges + Late Pick.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Predators might be even more desperate now that Weber has been diagnosed with a concussion

Old
12-27-2011, 01:48 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Doesn't the roster freeze end only at midnight tonight?? RT @Eklund We will have at least 1 transaction today. Likely 2 or 3

Eklund.Lol.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Doesn't the roster freeze end only at midnight tonight?? RT @Eklund We will have at least 1 transaction today. Likely 2 or 3

Eklund.Lol.
Yes tonight at midnight but I'm sure it doesn't stop GM's from talking and agreeing on a trade. I don't believe him but I'm sure GM's discuss trades anyways during the freeze

Old
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
I could see something like Radulov+Ellis for Gorges + Late Pick.
Are you kidding me??? Gorges is the most reliable defenseman of a pretty porous and young unexperimented blueline but there is no way he has the skills to be more than a decent no.4 on a contender..

Thats expectations like this that make you think Gauthier is a bad GM, only in video games you can do trades like that.. Especially considering the fact Gorges is UFA at the end of the year..

Would you trade Beaulieu and lets say A.Kost for a no.4 defenseman? Plz..

Old
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM
habitue*

Please not Gorges !

But I would swap A.K for Radulov anytime.

Old
12-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yeah cause Colorado has been such a powerhouse since the assets they had in quebec retired...

Old
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't see Gorges going anywhere until the deadline, and that would only be if they think it would be too expensive(4.5 or more/year) to sign him.

Old
12-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Are you kidding me??? Gorges is the most reliable defenseman of a pretty porous and young unexperimented blueline but there is no way he has the skills to be more than a decent no.4 on a contender..

Thats expectations like this that make you think Gauthier is a bad GM, only in video games you can do trades like that.. Especially considering the fact Gorges is UFA at the end of the year..

Would you trade Beaulieu and lets say A.Kost for a no.4 defenseman? Plz..
Yea that probably wasn't my best proposal.... Ahahaha

Old
12-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Although they did get fleeced in the Varlamov trade, they won the Stewart trade, he is terribly under performing in St-Louis and that year they drafted Landeskog, Siemens and got EJ. They were terrible and did some retooling.

Old
12-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Schwang

Radulov info

So I've been reading some rumours about this guy, and it is interesting that Nashville lost Shea Weber recently (looking for a D?) I'm curious if anyone has any insight on this guy? From his player profile, it looks like Nashville kept screwing him over for some reason - the guy was like a yo-yo between the AHL and NHL. He seems to be an elite talent. His last year in the NHL was very good, and he had amazing numbers in the Q (has great numbers in the KHL too)
I can't remeber what the story was there.

Anyone?

Old
12-27-2011, 03:38 PM
neofury*

I think I heard a rumor (on HF possibly?) about Gorges going to NSH for somebody. Maybe it would be Radulov because he potentially is refusing to return because of Nashville? If he's willing to come back and have a fresh start I think his value would be about Gorges. Gorges is UFA and Goats may have screwed the pooch getting Kaberle. Habs still need offense though and Radulov brings it. If Gorges definitely isn't re-signing and Goats knows I wouldn't be too surprised to see the trade happen.

Though it sounds like quite the risk to acquire a guy like Radulov. Maybe it's really Andrei Kostitsyn they're after?

Old
12-27-2011, 03:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Penner is too enigmatic. IF LA is shopping him after just trading for him at last season's trade deadline, it speaks volumes on him as a player. I can understand when you are losing every night in Edmonton last year that it wasn't a lot of fun, but LA was pretty good last year and if he has burnt his bridge there already...no thanks.
And with that said, we took kaberle 2 months after signing a 3 year contract.

I don't think adding Penner does anything for us. Our issues can't be corrected with one or 2 deals. They run far deeper than that.

Old
12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
RC51

Radulov?

Ok lets just push this out just a bit.
Radulov has always said he won't play for Nashville.

But now what if P.Roy calls him up in Russia??/
" Come play for ME in Montreal"
Playing for Patrick might be exactly what Radulov want's.
Now this rumor starts to really fly.
Gorges and A. Kostitsyn ( to play with his brother again)
For the right's to Radulov + pick and say Colin Wilson
HUMMMMMMM?

Closed Thread