HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
More than that. We have readers from HF and from other websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We get more hits when Oren has a piece published (phenomenal writer) or when I was able to land interviews with guys like Gallagher and Pribyl. We had pre and post game reports going but a decision was made that it wasn't worth the work, since readers can just get the same information from TSN and RDS.

It's nice to see that articles like this one and others get conversations going. Whether people think these articles are good or bad, it still has sparked debate between posters here which is a good thing.
Are you hiring?

Old
12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Are you hiring?
Not a question I can answer, unfortunately.

You can ask HarryI. He runs the site and makes those decisions.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
More than that. We have readers from HF and from other websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We get more hits when Oren has a piece published (phenomenal writer) or when I was able to land interviews with guys like Gallagher and Pribyl. We had pre and post game reports going but a decision was made that it wasn't worth the work, since readers can just get the same information from TSN and RDS.

It's nice to see that articles like this one and others get conversations going. Whether people think these articles are good or bad, it still has sparked debate between posters here which is a good thing.
Good, glad to see you guys are having some success.

I think that was a probably a good call on the pre and post-game articles. It seems that most sites start out really ambitious with that kind of content, but the reality is it can be a real pain to commit to that much writing, the content is basically the same as on a million of other sites, and the percentage of visitors who actually read those articles is probably pretty low. Not to mention it probably seems like torture when the team loses almost every game.

Old
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Cammy is a playoff monsters. Well, maybe that depends on your definition of a PO monster, maybe you can say he's a PO performer then. But 16G 29Pts in 26GP is definitely note worthy.

As for the firing, I still don't really understand it. Well, actually, I do understand it, but what I don't get is placing RC as a replacement, especially after PG said he'd been thinking of it for 2 weeks.

If what you think is true, that Molson pretty much ordered this move, then I think it's only a matter of time before PG is replaced now.
Yeah, so is Halak . There are no playoff monsters, just hot and cold streaks, sometimes they coincide with the playoffs. Cammy is no magical playoff beast. I'm getting sick of hearing how he is tbh.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So... what happened?

Old
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
So... what happened?
Owner did not have the time to run things anymore and shut the operation down.

I'm closing this, as the website no longer works and the staff is no longer writing.

Closed Thread