HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Nashville Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 10:39 AM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Boston - Nashville Proposal

TO BOSTON:

Andreas Johansson, Tomas Kloucek

TO NASHVILLE:

Ivan Huml, Hal Gill

i know Johansson is injured, but when he returns, he'll help Boston offensively. Gill provides some veteran strength to Nashville's defense.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Bruwinz37

No thanks.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
No thanks.
ok.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

no thanks from nashville, either. our defense has been good this year, veterans or not...it's scoring we're having trouble with..and taking away one of our only real "scorers" doesn't help. factor in kloucek...nah.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
no thanks from nashville, either. our defense has been good this year, veterans or not...it's scoring we're having trouble with..and taking away one of our only real "scorers" doesn't help. factor in kloucek...nah.
fair enough. i still kinda thought that defense was one of the team weaknesses, but i guess Zidlicky has been good.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:07 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
The Preds are one scorer away from being a playoff team. The Dallas game aside, our defense has been so far above everyone's expectations you can't help but smile. If we had a legit 30 goal scorer (like a Palffy), we'd be looking good for a playoff spot in the West.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
fair enough. i still kinda thought that defense was one of the team weaknesses, but i guess Zidlicky has been good.
going into the season, it looked that way..but hamhuis and zidlicky especially have played pretty exceptionally. the only real "weaknesses" that are obvious are as smokey mentioned...scoring, scoring, and especially scoring.

Old
11-04-2003, 04:57 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
No thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
ok.
funny ..

aside, i'd say no from nashville, i've kinda wanted gill in nashville for awhile, but not at the price of kloucek.. if kloucek was involved, i'd want to discuss guys like murray or samsonov, seriously...

Old
11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
funny ..

aside, i'd say no from nashville, i've kinda wanted gill in nashville for awhile, but not at the price of kloucek.. if kloucek was involved, i'd want to discuss guys like murray or samsonov, seriously...
You want either a 40 goal scorer or a player like Samsonov for Tomas Kloucek? Tell me you are kidding...

Old
11-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

In all fairness, AJ is down with a concussion so we would be dealing damaged goods. Still, as Nashville's GM I immeadiately turn this down. Kloucek is a monster, and plays a more physical game than Gill. Also, the Predators are in dire need of a finisher and AJ is the closest we have to a goal-scorer. I dont know enough of Huml to judge him, but unless a goal-scorer is coming back torwards the Preds, I doubt that they trade Kloucek or their only goal-scorer in Andreas.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
You want either a 40 goal scorer or a player like Samsonov for Tomas Kloucek? Tell me you are kidding...
I somehow think (or at the very least hope) that he meant he'd want to package Kloucek and something else (picks, prospects, other players, whatever) for either Samsonov or Murray.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danrik
I somehow think (or at the very least hope) that he meant he'd want to package Kloucek and something else (picks, prospects, other players, whatever) for either Samsonov or Murray.

thank you for breathing and thinking

Old
11-05-2003, 05:02 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I see the preds playing more of a waiting game on Hall, Upshall, Erat, and Hartnell and hoping they all improve consistently over the seasons to come. Rather than making a deal which puts a serious crimp in what scoring they do have.
I will admit I have been very surprised by the preds defense so far this year. It will be interesting to see what happens if they suffer any serious setbacks on the blueline and how the team responds to the challenge as nashville seems to be built on grit and character.
They make a great underdog. If they can actually get the 8 spot would be nice to see...

Old
11-05-2003, 09:06 AM
smashviller

vCash:
I may hold an unpopular opinion, but I really think that Erat could break into a scoring fit if he could manage to slip into a grove soon. He has been playing with determination.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:14 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashviller
I may hold an unpopular opinion, but I really think that Erat could break into a scoring fit if he could manage to slip into a grove soon. He has been playing with determination.

Agreed, but he is more of a creater rather than a finisher. Hopefully, with Arkhi and him together again, Arkhi can reassume the finishers role.

Closed Thread