HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets @ Chicago BlackHawks: Dec 26, 2011. Jenner & Tynan Edition

Old
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
jacketsinDC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
And as much as I enjoy us calling Natalie "Seabiscuit," I gotta give her credit. I actually enjoyed her asking the opponent questions about the CBJ.
I dunno it sort of offends me that people would make fun of her appearance. Holding female reporters to a standard that male reporters get a pass on is sexist. Anyone can argue it how you want but it's disrespectful to refer to her like that. I sure wouldn't want my daughter's physical imperfections picked out and mocked in her profession.

I'm just saying it shouldn't get a free pass.

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsinDC View Post
Holding female reporters to a standard that male reporters get a pass on is sexist.
Pointing out imperfections in male appearance for public figures has been a sport for as long as I have been alive. While I appreciate your opinion, there isn't exactly a bias in this case. Wonder if this is some PC in DC thing.

While it seems to be taboo and offensive to call a poster Sherlock, a lot of our posters seem to find sport in name calling of public figures. And not in a good-natured way like Raffi 2.

I am at a total loss for a the moral standards applied. Questioning someones deductive ability is wrong, but making fun of their appearance isn't? The real answer is, if it isn't a poster you seem to be fine. That's wrong. The same standard should be applied.

At any rate, very forgettable game. Everyone surrounding the org seems to find the number of shots taken as a simplistic criteria for if we out play teams or not. It's all we have to hang our hat on, so they embrace it hard and won't let go.

It's a shame really. Natalie is the only thing mildly refreshing at this moment in time. Well other than Rimer constantly saying that Johansen had a pair during the broadcast last night.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:10 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsinDC View Post
I dunno it sort of offends me that people would make fun of her appearance. Holding female reporters to a standard that male reporters get a pass on is sexist. Anyone can argue it how you want but it's disrespectful to refer to her like that. I sure wouldn't want my daughter's physical imperfections picked out and mocked in her profession.

I'm just saying it shouldn't get a free pass.
Call me a pig, but I've become much more apt to watch ice breaker because Natalie is here. As a red blooded American Male, I enjoy when a woman talks sports, despite some imprefections, sports talk from a woman has always been one of the ways to my heart. I couldn't stand Raffi2, and I now, fully believe you don't want to be the guy (or gal) that replaces THE guy, or gal, (in this case, Jim Day) you want to be the guy or gal that replaces the guy or gal that replaced THE guy or THE gal.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoMasedAgain View Post
I'll definitely take the under on that one based on another stellar effort by the CBJ. God they are a horrible lot. Every single one of them

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:33 PM
jacketsinDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Pointing out imperfections in male appearance for public figures has been a sport for as long as I have been alive. While I appreciate your opinion, there isn't exactly a bias in this case. Wonder if this is some PC in DC thing.
Hmm. Maybe I misunderstood the seabiscuit reference? I took it as meaning she has the face of a horse. She's attractive and picking out imperfections like that seems ridiculous and i don't think it would happen to a man in the same position- picking out physical flaws. I don't think its a PC thing, I just lived in Ohio most of my life and know what your girlfriends/wives/etc probably look like.

of course if seabiscuit is referring to something else, nevermind!

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote