HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tortorella for the Adams

Old
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Gotta agree, who cares how he comes off. As long as the players buy into his system, and play hard and win, that's all that matters. For a team that's won one championship in 70 plus years, Torts is one of the better coaches we've had in this time period.

Thanks for the heads up! I will never understand the groundswell of hatred for a coach who won't tolerate not playing hard, mental mistakes and who has done far and away the best job developing and indoctrinating young talent into the lineup since 08. Some of the fans/posters can't stand the fact that Torts refuses to wax poetic and put a positive spin on every freakin loss
(which nowadays aren't too many thank God!)the team gets especially when they don't play well. I don't give a rat's *** that Torts refuses to play kissy face with all the members of media after a tough loss. If you were coaching a team and you had to field nonsensical repetitive dribble from a burnt out old fool like Stannie "Claus" Fischler, how the heck would some of these politically correct fans/posters react?? Kiss his tuchis the way Tom Renny used to? Give me a break already. You can't make this **** up!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I will never understand the groundswell of hatred for a coach who won't tolerate not playing hard, mental mistakes and who has done far and away the best job developing and indoctrinating young talent into the lineup since 08. Some of the fans/posters can't stand the fact that Torts refuses to wax poetic and put a positive spin on every freakin loss
(which nowadays aren't too many thank God!)the team gets especially when they don't play well. I don't give a rat's *** that Torts refuses to play kissy face with all the members of media after a tough loss. If you were coaching a team and you had to field nonsensical repetitive dribble from a burnt out old fool like Stannie "Claus" Fischler, how the heck would some of these politically correct fans/posters react?? Kiss his tuchis the way Tom Renny used to? Give me a break already. You can't make this **** up!
Gotta agree with ya, it seems the majority of the anti Torts group are Avery supporters and are still bitter about the current situation.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:10 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Is it really important? Neither one is playing now.
no its not, just wanted to point out that one of the haters most commonly used posts is that avery fans are obsessed with the guy. meanwhile a hater is dragging avery into this thread.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:15 PM
NYRKING30

there could never be a thread without a remark about tortorella/avery. at this point that whole situation is way overblown. where are all of the fire tortorella haters now?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:18 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
there could never be a thread without a remark about tortorella/avery. at this point that whole situation is way overblown. where are all of the fire tortorella haters now?
there are always haters. same could be said about everybody that claimed they wanted gaborik traded after last season.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:29 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
there are always haters. same could be said about everybody that claimed they wanted gaborik traded after last season.
haha couldn't have said it any better. add michael del zotto to that list as well. thankfully these people dont make the decisions for our team.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
I admit it, I was one of them. I'll eat humble pie on that one!

Old
12-27-2011, 09:35 PM
NYRKING30

i think we can all pretty much agree that gaborik was pretty much playing injured all of last season. it showed on the stat sheet ofcourse, but if you watch games from last year vs this year, youll see the difference.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
i think we can all pretty much agree that gaborik was pretty much playing injured all of last season. it showed on the stat sheet ofcourse, but if you watch games from last year vs this year, youll see the difference.
One hundred percent correct. He seemed really tentative last year due to the injuries and this year he is playing with a tremendous hunger.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Gotta agree with ya, it seems the majority of the anti Torts group are Avery supporters and are still bitter about the current situation.
Yessum. You'd think Torts was making Guy Lefleur a healthy scratch the way they react.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
he may very well get it. and it may very well be deserved, but i was referring to a time not too long ago where people were calling for his head. the fickle nature of these boards still amuses me after all these years.
Oh yeah, I'm sure you're totally immune to all of the trends and tendencies of the boards.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:51 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Do you really think this is the only reason some people don't like Tortorella? It couldn't be anything else? There are people that just don't like him. Winning or not. Making it all about Avery is just a convenient little distraction. I'm not crazy about him but winning is what it's all about, right?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Do you really think this is the only reason some people don't like Tortorella? It couldn't be anything else? There are people that just don't like him. Winning or not. Making it all about Avery is just a convenient little distraction. I'm not crazy about him but winning is what it's all about, right?
Yes, there are certain people here who still think Avery should be playing, and make it all about Avery.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Winning is the only thing, agree. So if it's not all about Avery, what do you suppose might be some of the other reasons that people here don't like Torts?

Old
12-27-2011, 10:13 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Yes, there are certain people here who still think Avery should be playing, and make it all about Avery.
negative. avery should have at least been playing over christensen. however, i believe it was you who introduced avery to this thread. so isn't you and the haters making it all about avery?

Old
12-27-2011, 10:15 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Winning is the only thing, agree. So if it's not all about Avery, what do you suppose might be some of the other reasons that people here don't like Torts?
if were trailing, sometimes only by a goal, he changes the lines every shift. and he almost never gives the 4th line more than 5 minutes. those are two right off the top of my head. they dont necessarily make me dislike him, but im sure they bother other people.

Old
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
if were trailing, sometimes only by a goal, he changes the lines every shift. and he almost never gives the 4th line more than 5 minutes. those are two right off the top of my head. they dont necessarily make me dislike him, but im sure they bother other people.
That's actually a good one. I'm not in love with that aspect of his coaching either.

Old
12-28-2011, 06:24 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
He usually does the line change thing when the lines aren't generating offense, but I can't recall that happening much even lately.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
and he almost never gives the 4th line more than 5 minutes. those are two right off the top of my head.
Yea. When the team is down, he gives the players more likely to score a goal more icetime. What a jerk!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
gluvhand

Quote:
Yea. When the team is down, he gives the players more likely to score a goal more icetime. What a jerk!
You're combining two examples into one. Play fair.

Old
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
gluvhand

Quote:
I don't even know if for some people it's his coaching that they don't like. It's HIM. Some people just don't find him likeable. I didn't like him long before this Avery foolishness, and by foolishness I'm talking from both sides of the discussion, but who am I to argue with the current results? My personal dislikes with him as a coach are the same as most others here. The line juggling, his BS "accountability", and so on. Having said that, 24/7 has me looking at him a bit differently, and not because of his relationship with the kid.

Old
12-28-2011, 11:47 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
He absolutely deserves consideration if we keep this up.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I don't personally agree that he was injured the whole season... Don't want to start that discussion again but the coach said he was healthy when asked by the media, the player said he was healthy when interviewed by the media at the end of the season, and there was some speculation/rumors this past off-season that he had broken up with his long time girlfriend last season .... The coaches biggest gripe with Gabby last year was that he was not utilizing his skating and moving his feet enough... Sam & Joe & Maloney harped on it too during broadcasts.... I was critical of Gaborik at times last season in that I didn't think he was focused, showed us games where he resembled his old self, then showed us stretches of games where he was a passive participant in the play out on the ice... Never wanted to see him traded though... For me the question as to whether or not he was going to bounce back this year was not a matter of his being healthy (since I didn't feel he was injured for any majority of last season) but a matter of whether or not he would regain his mental composure and would be focused enough on his game to play the way he's capable of playing. This year you see him putting himself into all the right areas of the ice to make plays and jump on rebounds... Night & day difference between the way he is thinking the game out on the ice this season as compared to last.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-28-2011 at 01:42 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
whether the team is up or down, the 4th line doesn't get much time. you knew what i meant.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Oh yeah, I'm sure you're totally immune to all of the trends and tendencies of the boards.
there are many. the "fire Torts" trend, i was immune.

the "score from the side" trend, i was not.
not sure what you mean by that.

Last edited by Killem Dafoe: 12-28-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote