HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #36: Kings vs Coyotes, 12/26/11, Post Game WIN thoughts & tidbits

Old
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Great win. Just need to say, Doughty looks like the Doughty of 2 years ago the last handful of games. Loving the Sutter era. Feels good to have a coach that actually coaches during the game.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Sucks. I like Gagne when he's healthy, smooth like butter. Noone should criticize DL on that deal because he was the second best available FA after the other Richards. Also Gagne was available on the cheap. On the bright side, looks like we'll be trading for a winger sooner than later.

C. Stewart please. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd rather get Stewart+another better bottom 6 guy than one Parise.
no way bro. first off Stewart is struggling, LA has enough 'struggling wingers'. second, acquiring Stewart is different than ZP. DL will have to trade for CS at this point. if DL trades for ZP at this point he deserves to be fired imo. total mis-management of assets in the long-term. third, the Kings need a SNIPER, not another big bodied forward that is inconsistent. Kopi needs someone he can feed 24/7 and one that will push the opposing D back on their heels.

to get ZP it's all about patiently waiting until this summer and then go after him. to trade for ZP at this point is just stupid and ANYONE that advocates this move is a fool. to send any players/prospects/picks for a half-season+ rental makes no sense. it makes even less sense to trade for him if his intentions are to play in a 'more hockey friendly town' than LA. to trade away possibly a 2-4 player/pick package to get him for just over half a season and the chance to pre-negotiate is just foolish.

would love to add Stewart to the mix, but ZP is THE player this team needs more than anything. a sniper, wheels, hands and a can do attitude. hell with Kopi and ZP on the 1st line i think you could put anyone on the other wing and it won't matter. teams will be so worried about those two, all the other winger has to do is stay out of their way.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Great win to see. They seemed to actually pick it up after getting the elusive 3rd goal.

We dogged Labs pretty hard too. lol Thought the guy was gonna go to the locker room and cry about it.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Martyros

Jack Johnson is just too valuable to trade (which is probably what St. Louis would want for Stewart.)

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Is anyone more "feast or famine" at the draw than Richards? Richards was 1 for 8 last night.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:52 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
****. Chicago is next. Let's hope Sutter has better luck against Chicago than Terry.

Go Kings!
I should hope so. You can't fall off the floor.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
...If there is one problem with these boards that is an epidemic of sorts...it's always having to blame someone, even when it's not warranted.

Can we not just simply say Jack made a good play in a bad situation... the right play, but Torres made an even better one? I think that's perfectly acceptable to say, don't you?...
This should be a sticky on all sports forums. Some times the other guy just beats you... shake his hand and move on.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
no way bro. first off Stewart is struggling, LA has enough 'struggling wingers'. second, acquiring Stewart is different than ZP. DL will have to trade for CS at this point.
It's funny I watched the Stars / Blues games last night to check out how the Blues were playing under Hitchcock. And I wanted to see Stewart because I liked the way he played with Atlanta. I'd read Stewart was struggling... so, naturally he scored two goals (one empty net). Never fails. Like Brad Richardson playing against the Stars. All of a sudden he's Pavel Bure.

On another note: I have a feeling Parise is not moving to the West Coast.

Old
12-27-2011, 03:44 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
This should be a sticky on all sports forums. Some times the other guy just beats you... shake his hand and move on.
that doesn't make me feel better at all!

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:45 PM
GagneHanson12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Gags has had so many concussions. He had one during the playoffs last year with TB and a bad one with Philly a few years ago. He needs to start thinking about retirement...seriously.
Last concussion he had was in 2008. He had whiplash last year in the playoffs, and a nagging leg injury IIRC at the begining of last season.

GagneHanson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
very very true. agree, its called good sportsmanship. sometimes its hard to do, but you do it. ive played against guys that i shook their hand afterward, even though i would rather stick a fork in their eye

Quote:
It's funny I watched the Stars / Blues games last night to check out how the Blues were playing under Hitchcock. And I wanted to see Stewart because I liked the way he played with Atlanta. I'd read Stewart was struggling... so, naturally he scored two goals (one empty net). Never fails. Like Brad Richardson playing against the Stars. All of a sudden he's Pavel Bure.

yeah it figures i post "he's struggling" and he pots two last night

i pray ZP has an open mind when it comes to team location. ive been saying it's critical LA makes it to the 2nd round to help their own cause here. they need to show progress to being a contender in order to entice FA's

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:

I may be seriously confused, but isn't the Blues Stewart, Chris, not Anthony? Anthony played with Atlanta (now the Canes), Chris with St Louis but came from the Avs for EJ? Chris is the better player.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

Not trying to nitpick but I think you meant the Avs?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
That game last night was more fun than a barrel of chihuahuas.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Duc620

To Mssrs. elf and fan... nitpicking appreciated. You are both correct. That's one metaphor save for Mr. Elf and a roster correction by Mr. Fan. Thanks. Ha!

So many players and teams. It's just too much some times. Just too much. I may have been watching a local softball league, btw. Isn't hockey the one with sticks and shorts and softball the one with really really big torso guys? Or is it vice versa?

Old
12-27-2011, 10:13 PM
mbar

Anyone else impressed with POS last night? He went through reverse waivers to come back up to Phoenix isn't that correct?

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Based on current point projections, 92 points would get the Kings into the playoffs. That means a record of 25-19-2 would get them in right now, which doesn't look nearly as bad as it did a week ago. Obviously that's all subject to change based on how the games play out, but at least it doesn't look like they have to play absolute lights out hockey the rest of the way just to make it.

I would much rather they aim higher than 8th, but at least that's the bare minimum.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Anyone know what time the hit that injured Gagne happened at?

Old
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Nex06

15 seconds left in first period.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
15 seconds left in first period.
You sure? He played the entire second period.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Nex06

Yeah, they didn't realize what happened until end of second period. Concussion is a *****, it's not like a broken arm or a lost tooth.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Video of the hit.
http://tvasports.ca/lnh/video/1349315720001

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Prince

The last two Kings games I have been to, have been the last two games the Kings have scored 3 or more goals. Maybe the Kings should bring me to Chicago.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Wasn't a cheap or dirty hit, Vrbata rode Gagne into the boards and he just fell hard. Hopefully it is a minor concussion that won't set him back too long. Although Gagne's been a disappointment for the past month or so, the same could be said of everyone on the roster. He was very strong from the start and had a productive first month, hopefully a bit of rest serves him well and he comes back refreshed. The little break for Richards didn't seem to hurt him too much.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Hope Gagne isn't out too long.

And Doughty has been SUPER impressive the last couple games. Really looking like he is shaking off this funk he has been in.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote