HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I still believe

Old
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
I don't believe this team is as bad as their record and I think it is all in their heads. I know they can be better and they know they can be better. I think this break will help them and if they can string together a few wins and hold on until we get some bodies back I think we can make it. The sens game is huge though. So huge.
Good enough for 8th place? Sure.

Good enough for a cup? No.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:42 PM
habtastic

we must make the playoffs. I know people want picks and all, but it's just plain humiliating not to. We already have a great core and as much as people think it's guaranteed, we aren't getting a franchise player in the draft this year. At the "best" we'll finish just out of the lottery and even then, although it seems the first 10 picks (from what people write) are guaranteed franchise players, they might turn out not to be. In any case, I guess I'm just advocating that if we end up having a horrible season, fine that's the silver lining that we can enjoy for the future, but if it doesn't make you feel like crap that we miss the playoffs, the expectations for this franchise are dropping and that makes me cringe. Please no diatribes about how rebuilding is the only way. I think playing hard is the best way and with it we have a good enough team to be proud of and cheer for. They lived up to it tonight, and I hope that they do that increasingly to change our fanbase's mind about what this team is capable of. Do you really want to be behind the leafs? not an option for my state of mind. Even for one season.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Et le But

I don't have a good feeling about the season but I really believe it's mental. I like our core.

The one thing about finishing in 8th...we are likely to face the Bruins, a team I have confidence against.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Don't get why you guys hate Kaberle so much. He's overpaid a bit, but nothing ridiculous like Gomez.

Kabs and Markov on the PP together is going to feel like sleeping with Jessica Alba.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Don't get why you guys hate Kaberle so much. He's overpaid a bit, but nothing ridiculous like Gomez.

Kabs and Markov on the PP together is going to feel like sleeping with Jessica Alba.
Not really. We need a shooter with Markov or Kaberle.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
we must make the playoffs. I know people want picks and all, but it's just plain humiliating not to. We already have a great core and as much as people think it's guaranteed, we aren't getting a franchise player in the draft this year. At the "best" we'll finish just out of the lottery and even then, although it seems the first 10 picks (from what people write) are guaranteed franchise players, they might turn out not to be. In any case, I guess I'm just advocating that if we end up having a horrible season, fine that's the silver lining that we can enjoy for the future, but if it doesn't make you feel like crap that we miss the playoffs, the expectations for this franchise are dropping and that makes me cringe. Please no diatribes about how rebuilding is the only way. I think playing hard is the best way and with it we have a good enough team to be proud of and cheer for. They lived up to it tonight, and I hope that they do that increasingly to change our fanbase's mind about what this team is capable of. Do you really want to be behind the leafs? not an option for my state of mind. Even for one season.
Forget about the Leafs. How did you like watching the Bruins win a cup last year? Don't you want to see us win one again?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Believe, mofos.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I don't know if I still believe, but I sure do wanna...

I mean, if they'd go on a 20 game winning streak starting tonight and get the lead in the division, I'd strip naked and streak down the Dix30 in celebration.

But, man, it's not looking too damn good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I would join you for that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
as would i
1 down, 19 to go!

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Mario Tremblay and Brunet don't believe Habs will make the playoffs. Brunet said Habs would need to play 0.650 - finishing with 93 points.

Sorry but it's a very very long shot and those still truly believing are just kidding themselves.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:43 AM
GordonGraham

When habs cheerleaders like renaud lavoie dont believe anymore you know it must be true

GordonGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Neither one is a trigger man, having both is highly redundant. I'd much rather Markov/Subban, Kaberle will not turn our pp around, he never does. Hoping so, was a pipe dream, he's slowly dropping in the minus while doing very little for the PP, 2 years from now he's going to be much, much worse than his already deteriorating self.

This move was absolutely stupid, no doubt about it. Not Gomez bad, but we shouldn't be using Gomez as the barometer of poor trades.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote