HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: So much for tanking - Habs beat Sens 6-2

Old
12-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Bobby G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
so what the hell DOES happen when markov comes back?, gill sits?, or emelin sits and move gorges to right side?, im really interrested how this plays out,
I beleive 1 dman has to be moved, and i know you want depth but this is getting ridiculous, we could of maaaaybe got something for weber, like a 3rd, now were lucky if we get a 5 for him, campoli has probably played himself off the team

and what about ryan white, clearly sould replace darche, but will it happen?

what happens when gomez and gionta are healthy... in a strange turn of events, we have 4 centers now, pleks, DD, and eller,and to a certain extent nokey, and we have 1 center who i didnt think could possibly ever have an even WORSE season then last years abomination, and SURE enough, the guy is DEAD, a cosmic vaccuum, i just could not beleive it could get worse for him, and it has, were a better team WITHOUT him, like man, the trade looks even worse now, and i didnt even bring up how much money he makes ONCE (....)

what im trying to say is, we won 6-2, and it looked like we didnt even NEED or could GET any help from gomez, gionta, ..markov... (17 million.) id maybe take gionta back in the line up but i still think having him in the line up at the same time as DD and Cammy is just TOO many small players, like its too glaring and exploited by other teams.

Cant say enough about Lars and Cole and my homeboy Louis.
Markov will help a ton if he can get back to healthy. Markov, Subban, Gorges, Kaberle and Emelin should be in the lineup and Diaz looks to have played himself into it as well. I think RC might start rotating Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Campoli and Gill depending on performance. When healthy this D will be top notch.

The forward situation is a lot more interesting. Gomez and Gionta cannot be healthy scratches, but it's tough to send Leblanc down after how he has played and Eller has been in need of a top 6 roll all season.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
so what the hell DOES happen when markov comes back?, gill sits?, or emelin sits and move gorges to right side?, im really interrested how this plays out,
I beleive 1 dman has to be moved, and i know you want depth but this is getting ridiculous, we could of maaaaybe got something for weber, like a 3rd, now were lucky if we get a 5 for him, campoli has probably played himself off the team

and what about ryan white, clearly sould replace darche, but will it happen?

what happens when gomez and gionta are healthy... in a strange turn of events, we have 4 centers now, pleks, DD, and eller,and to a certain extent nokey, and we have 1 center who i didnt think could possibly ever have an even WORSE season then last years abomination, and SURE enough, the guy is DEAD, a cosmic vaccuum, i just could not beleive it could get worse for him, and it has, were a better team WITHOUT him, like man, the trade looks even worse now, and i didnt even bring up how much money he makes ONCE (....)

what im trying to say is, we won 6-2, and it looked like we didnt even NEED or could GET any help from gomez, gionta, ..markov... (17 million.) id maybe take gionta back in the line up but i still think having him in the line up at the same time as DD and Cammy is just TOO many small players, like its too glaring and exploited by other teams.

Cant say enough about Lars and Cole and my homeboy Louis.
Its always nice to win 6-2, but the lineup will be stronger when Gomez-Gionta come back, likely to replace guys like Blunden and maybe Nokelainen. Especially if RC wants to have 4 good lines to roll when needed.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:43 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
The forward situation is a lot more interesting. Gomez and Gionta cannot be healthy scratches, but it's tough to send Leblanc down after how he has played and Eller has been in need of a top 6 roll all season.
I really think Leblanc will be better served by going back down eventually. I don't like how we semi rush our prospects, then end up teaching them at the NHL level how to be defensive responsible. I mean, I know Leblanc is already defensively responsible and that's the reason why he's here and succeeding over guys like Palushji but I'd really like to see what he can do offensively speaking.

Eller is progressing slowly but it just makes me wonder where he'd be if we gave him a chance to learn our system in Hamilton last year and letting him work on both aspects of his game.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
pine

vCash: 50
tank? what tank?

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
Markov will help a ton if he can get back to healthy. Markov, Subban, Gorges, Kaberle and Emelin should be in the lineup and Diaz looks to have played himself into it as well. I think RC might start rotating Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Campoli and Gill depending on performance. When healthy this D will be top notch.

Campoli should not play another game for the Habs. Get rid of this guy. St Denis was much, much steadier back there than this guy will ever be.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Gonna have to look at the faceoff and shift charts to confirm that, but he kept Blunden under 8 minutes, despite the score which might have justified giving them more icetime. This is definitely a major improvement.

We'll have to see. He needs to take Emelin off the right side, though. Just go Emelin-Gorges and Kaberle-Subban already!

I can hear that bomb ticking already.

Assured backfire.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Dekar

I missed most of the game save for the last 10 minutes, but how did the Eller line look, and how about Desharnais and his new wingers? Did the lines stick together all game?

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
weird that dd didn't get any point while his linemates did... i'll look at the game later, but how did he look?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:54 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
weird that dd didn't get any point while his linemates did... i'll look at the game later, but how did he look?
I only catched stretches of the game but he looked pretty quick and dynamic on the PP..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

When Gomez-Gionta return, our first line at points last year will be our 4th line (Gomez, Gionta, Darche) if these lines keep producing.

I like Noke a lot, but I have a feeling he'll be the one the sit. He's not an elite defensive center, he's just a good enough player to not worry too much when given sheltered minutes.

Pacioretty - Eller - Cole
Cammalleri - Desharnais - Leblanc
Moen - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Darche - Gomez - Gionta

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
sure... good on you... although I doubt "relatively high" and best league in the world are similar in any way...

I mean, I played midget B a long time ago... I must know a whole lot on the matter right ?
Another pacifist without a clue.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Another pacifist without a clue.
please, enlighten us with all your wisdom and share with us, what it's like to be a NHLer ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Familiar sort of narrative, the kind that sounds nice and dramatic but doesn't really relate to reality all that well. You said you were a media type, so I don't blame you; it comes with the territory and with the training. You guys need to be telling engaging stories -- NOT analyzing games.

The team played little different
than they have been, except the
puck went in. It's just a
continuation. The problem isn't
about being soft or perimeter, the
problem is about not having the
horses. But sometimes you get
lucky.
And you need to realize that not everything in the game can be broken down into stats and numbers. Emotion is a huge factor that cannot be measured or quantified with an equation/stat.

Old
12-28-2011, 02:38 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

A quote from Cammy after the game;

“It’s the French connection there – I guess I’ve got to learn more French,” joked Cammalleri, who flanked Leblanc and David Desharnais for the first time this season. “I’ve always enjoyed playing with Davey. He plays with a very high level of hockey I.Q. and Louis’ compete level was great and he was battling hard. Winning makes everything fun. It’s always nice to score but they haven’t come as regularly as I would’ve liked, for sure, so it feels good.”

Old
12-28-2011, 02:38 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
When Gomez-Gionta return, our first line at points last year will be our 4th line (Gomez, Gionta, Darche) if these lines keep producing.

I like Noke a lot, but I have a feeling he'll be the one the sit. He's not an elite defensive center, he's just a good enough player to not worry too much when given sheltered minutes.

Pacioretty - Eller - Cole
Cammalleri - Desharnais - Leblanc
Moen - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Darche - Gomez - Gionta
Fine for Nokelainen, but where do you put Ryan White who is coming back soon?

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:42 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Fine for Nokelainen, but where do you put Ryan White who is coming back soon?
I'd put him in Darche's spot (or at least give him a chance to win that spot) but our coaching staff has a man-crush on Darche and be seems to be one of our main penalty killers now, so I'm guessing White will have to wait his turn.

If he's back before Gomez and Gionta, I'd imagine he gets Blunden's spot.

Old
12-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
please, enlighten us with all your wisdom and share with us, what it's like to be a NHLer ?
Ahh a typical tactic from the pacifist camp. Your opinion is right - are YOU an NHLer? But when others disagree and give examples of what they have done you pooh pooh their opinion with smoke and mirrors. Nothing of substance ever from the pacifist crew.

I shouldn't have to point out that every great NHL team/ dynasty has always had at least one enforcer on their cup victory. Including the Detroit Red Wings of recent years. Of course you know more than coaches like Scott Bowman right? I figured as much.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I dont like to read too much in post turkey games. They have a tendency to be abnormal.

Nice to see eller lead the forwards in ice-time. I know PK scored but he still making too many dumb plays... and I mean blatant dumb plays. He needs to be smarter and more economical.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:04 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Ahh a typical tactic from the pacifist camp. Your opinion is right - are YOU an NHLer? But when others disagree and give examples of what they have done you pooh pooh their opinion with smoke and mirrors. Nothing of substance ever from the pacifist crew.

I shouldn't have to point out that every great NHL team/ dynasty has always had at least one enforcer on their cup victory. Including the Detroit Red Wings of recent years. Of course you know more than coaches like Scott Bowman right? I figured as much.
I'm not the one saying "you have no clue" in case you didnt notice...

care to tell us what are the names of their enforcer this season and how many games they played ?

Old
12-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
I'm not the one saying "you have no clue" in case you didnt notice...

care to tell us what are the names of their enforcer this season and how many games they played ?
Lol no you implied that the man's opinion wasn't valid because he wasn't an NHL player. Are YOU an NHL player?

Wings haven't won a cup since they've dropped their enforcer, something I figured you'd know!

PS - they aren't going to win it this year without one either!

Old
12-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I really think Leblanc will be better served by going back down eventually. I don't like how we semi rush our prospects, then end up teaching them at the NHL level how to be defensive responsible. I mean, I know Leblanc is already defensively responsible and that's the reason why he's here and succeeding over guys like Palushji but I'd really like to see what he can do offensively speaking.

Eller is progressing slowly but it just makes me wonder where he'd be if we gave him a chance to learn our system in Hamilton last year and letting him work on both aspects of his game.
With all due respect in the new NHL , when a prospect is physically ready to handle the NHL , he usually does his best work by learning at the NHL level (with ice time), then he would with more ice time in the AHL.

Do you honestly think that all these teams are wrong?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Guys like Henrique , Smith , Hodgson , Couturier are all pretty young...Doesn't seem to be impeding there development..

I guess I just don't find it necessary to always coddle our prospects , sometimes the latter technique is necessary however in the NHL it's a young man's game more then ever and I think
it shows something different when a coach is willing to trust a 20 year old rookie and reward his positive play , he is a 1st rounder after all.

Last edited by Avim86: 12-28-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:17 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
With all due respect in the new NHL , when a prospect is physically ready to handle the NHL , he usually does his best work by learning at the NHL level (with ice time), then he would with more ice time in the AHL.

Do you honestly think that all these teams are wrong?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

Guys like Henrique , Smith , Hodgson , are all pretty young.
Your overlooking the Montreal factor imo. I don't think Leblanc is physically ready to handle the NHL either. But this is one of those arguements that I don't want to win because I know the team is going to keep him up to appease the fans / media for the other mistakes they have made.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Your overlooking the Montreal factor imo. I don't think Leblanc is physically ready to handle the NHL either. But this is one of those arguements that I don't want to win because I know the team is going to keep him up to appease the fans / media for the other mistakes they have made.
Possible but maybe just maybe they accidentally made a genius move by unintentionally keeping up a guy that's not ready , just to appease the critics and by doing so , discover a heart and soul player that's ready for the NHL and will actually make an impact.

If I may draw a comparison between this situation to that of a CEO that's terrible at what they do but pulls off a lucky move by stealing the credit from his super star employee. Thus impressing the share holders (the media) while the successful product (Louis Leblanc) actually appeases all the masses that were hoping the company would finally innovate rather then duplicate (the fans).

Life is a charade.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Lol no you implied that the man's opinion wasn't valid because he wasn't an NHL player. Are YOU an NHL player?

Wings haven't won a cup since they've dropped their enforcer, something I figured you'd know!

PS - they aren't going to win it this year without one either!
nope.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Slick Eller

I like Leblanc. 1 giveaway for 7 takeaway for far in the league. I like the way he always try to strip the puck off on his d-cover.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote