HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Staal gets back, who get's the A?

View Poll Results: Staal or Girardi
Staal 53 66.25%
Girardi 27 33.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Staal

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Before we get into this, let's just hope Staal can come back, stay healthy, and get back to top form. Knowing Staal, he'll just let Girardi keep it for the rest of the season.

This situation reminds me a lot of when I was in college (early 2000s) and Pronger missed 90% of the regular season with a horrible wrist injury so Al MaCinnis wore the C for the Blues that season; when Pronger came back, he just let MaCinnis keep it and the team go about their business.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
Honestly man,to me, Girardi was in Staals shadow and now that there is no Staal,Girardi is shining amd showing what type of undrafted player he is..

What I want to hear is "why people say Staal is better" or "Why Staal is so great"? It definitly is not offensively,is very very good defensively ( but so are Sauer,McD and Girardi)defensively.. What confuses me is all the hype Staal gets.I also think McDonagh will be better than Staal and think Sauer if he can stay healthy will be better as well.

this is all just my opinion.This is also why Im a construction worker and not G.M of the NYR's,lol
I love Sauer but that is just ridiculous.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

This is like Leetch giving up his C to Messier

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:58 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Staal Richards home A's

Girardi Gaborik road A's.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:28 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
People are taking about 4 A's...who the heck is the fourth?

By my count the A's are Richards and Girardi...Staal makes three.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
People are taking about 4 A's...who the heck is the fourth?

By my count the A's are Richards and Girardi...Staal makes three.
Hagelin

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
ltrangerfan

If I was staal I would take the decision away from the Rangers. I would insist that the "A"'s should be kept by the players who were responsible for getting the team to the top spot. I Would make the speech that I would accept the honor only if my future play earns me the letter.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Overrated or not, I hope you realize Staal is better.

I realize some people do not, and it makes me sad that fellow fans cant see it.
Here we go again with the myth of Marc Staal. It's amazing how his legend continues to grow the longer he's out of the lineup. Does it really make you that "sad" that fellow fans can't see it the way you and all the other Staal lovers do that "Staal is better than Girardi?" Let's see, we're 22-8-4 and in first place without him, I guess when he returns, we should go undefeated the remainder of the year since he's so irreplaceable.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:16 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Here we go again with the myth of Marc Staal. It's amazing how his legend continues to grow the longer he's out of the lineup. Does it really make you that "sad" that fellow fans can't see it the way you and all the other Staal lovers do that "Staal is better than Girardi?" Let's see, we're 22-8-4 and in first place without him, I guess when he returns, we should go undefeated the remainder of the year since he's so irreplaceable.
7-1 without Lundqvist. served.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:21 AM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
If I was staal I would take the decision away from the Rangers. I would insist that the "A"'s should be kept by the players who were responsible for getting the team to the top spot. I Would make the speech that I would accept the honor only if my future play earns me the letter.
wizard

this is prolly what goes down...or we roll 3 a's

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
you don't lose an A because of injury. Girardi understands hes keeping it warm for Staal. no controversy, no debate, no question.
OK. Works for me.

Any team that has a Dan Girardi level player who does not wear a letter...must be a pretty damn good team.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
7-1 without Lundqvist. served.
Good Coach=Solid System+Good
Backup Goalie=Great
Results

Old
12-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
This is like Leetch giving up his C to Messier
Muhahahaha!

Old
12-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
lol. Staal sucks.
No, he doesn't suck, he's pretty good.

Old
12-28-2011, 02:45 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Staal gets the A back.

Simple as that.
Tell ya what, we'll let Girardi keep the A and just to keep the Staal fan club from getting their panties all twisted into a knot, we'll give Staal an A-. May not be an A, but better than a B+.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Drew, not only do you continue to have views so wildly incorrect, you manage to berate and belittle anybody who recognizes the teams best defenseman as
Part of the Staal fan club (with their panties in a twist)
Drinking the MSG kool aid
Drinking the Staal kool aid
Giving too much recognition to his last name

This isn't new. I don't know why you're so determined to insist that Marc is "a solid #3", instead of an elite shutdown defenseman. And I suppose you have every right to insist, argue, and pretty much bury your head in the sand when nearly ever Rangers fan, and for that matter, every other teams fan, and even our teams OWN COACH openly states that "Marc Staal is our best defensemen". But do us a favor?

When you attempt to argue, don't dismiss someone's opinion without reason or legitimate evidence. It just comes off as pretentious.

Also, You're the same guy who told us that the Rangers would get creamed by the "elite" of the league, and to come talk to you after we played Pitt, Wash (lol) and Philly. Never did get to ask you what you wanted to say after those wins.

What was it you wanted to say again?

And I see Danny giving Staal the A, for the record.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:20 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Is this even a necessary discussion? You can roll with 3 a's and a C if I'm not mistaken.

C - Callahan
A - Girardi
A - Richards
A - Staal

If I'm wrong, Girardi being away A, Staal takes home A, simple.

I don't think you take the A away from Girardi with how he's anchored the defense, even lately with Strolman, Erixon and Bickel in the lineup. You also don't not give Staal the A back...he's still a huge part of the team. We don't compete for a cup this year if Staal isn't healthy, IMO.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Staal and Prospal had it last year. Girardi will keep it.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Drew, not only do you continue to have views so wildly incorrect, you manage to berate and belittle anybody who recognizes the teams best defenseman as
Part of the Staal fan club (with their panties in a twist)
Drinking the MSG kool aid
Drinking the Staal kool aid
Giving too much recognition to his last name

This isn't new. I don't know why you're so determined to insist that Marc is "a solid #3", instead of an elite shutdown defenseman. And I suppose you have every right to insist, argue, and pretty much bury your head in the sand when nearly ever Rangers fan, and for that matter, every other teams fan, and even our teams OWN COACH openly states that "Marc Staal is our best defensemen". But do us a favor?

When you attempt to argue, don't dismiss someone's opinion without reason or legitimate evidence. It just comes off as pretentious.

Also, You're the same guy who told us that the Rangers would get creamed by the "elite" of the league, and to come talk to you after we played Pitt, Wash (lol) and Philly. Never did get to ask you what you wanted to say after those wins.

What was it you wanted to say again?

And I see Danny giving Staal the A, for the record.
One other thing, I'll admit I'm a cynical, glass half empty fan because I've been around a hell of a lot longer than you and have been terminally dissapointed by the blatant failures of the worst of the original six franchises. It has made me very skeptical and so despite their wonderful season to date, I will continue to play devils advocate until the bloody end of the season. If I'm wrong, I will have no problem whatsoever admitting it, eating humble pie, being laughed at and serenaded with "I told you so's" by the blind loyalists like yourself who think people like me aren't really diehard ranger fans. Why? Because I refuse to see the silver lining in every loss(like our former coach) and I refuse to constantly overrated our players? Look, I hope they keep on winning. I really think they have something special going on here but time will tell. We'll just have to wait to the season plays out. You wanna laugh at and berate me, be my guest.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
One other thing, I'll admit I'm a cynical, glass half empty fan because I've been around a hell of a lot longer than you and have been terminally dissapointed by the blatant failures of the worst of the original six franchises. It has made me very skeptical and so despite their wonderful season to date, I will continue to play devils advocate until the bloody end of the season. If I'm wrong, I will have no problem whatsoever admitting it, eating humble pie, being laughed at and serenaded with "I told you so's" by the blind loyalists like yourself who think people like me aren't really diehard ranger fans. Why? Because I refuse to see the silver lining in every loss(like our former coach) and I refuse to constantly overrated our players? Look, I hope they keep on winning. I really think they have something special going on here but time will tell. We'll just have to wait to the season plays out. You wanna laugh at and berate me, be my guest.
Never questioned your fanhood. I'm sure you root for the Rangers every game. It just seems like you're so embittered and conditioned for disappointment that you have trouble admitting when there are GOOD things going for the Rangers. It's like you're so afraid that it'll collapse that you force yourself to see failure as inevitable.

Are the older Rangers fans all this traumatized?

Old
12-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
See, it's this type of contempt filled hyperbole which is why your comments will always be shrugged off as bitter and immature.

You said we would, i'm trying to remember the phrasing, "see what a real elite team looks like", was it? I just never got to hear what you had to say on that 3 game stretch. Can't miss out on that terrific commentary.

I don't wear panties, and I don't smoke.
At the end of the season and not a minute sooner, we will all have a better idea of where we stand against what I as well as others(no, not just me!) consider to be the elite teams(all better than the Rangers until proven otherwise) in the league. That would be the Bruins, Pens and Flyers(yes even them, they did make the scf 2 yrs ago!) in the east and the Sharks, Canucks, Black Hawks and Red Wings in the west. Until then, I rest my case.
This is Drewbackatu signing out for 2011. Have a wonderful new year and LGR!!

Old
12-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Never questioned your fanhood. I'm sure you root for the Rangers every game. It just seems like you're so embittered and conditioned for disappointment that you have trouble admitting when there are GOOD things going for the Rangers. It's like you're so afraid that it'll collapse that you force yourself to see failure as inevitable.

Are the older Rangers fans all this traumatized?
I seriously hope not. I don't mean to sound mean spirited and I enjoy the back and forth, point/counterpoint banter, I just can't help myself sometimes. The Rangers games that I have had season tickets to in section 411 with my two grown sons(ages 35 and 28) are the only release I have from a very mundane life.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
I seriously hope not. I don't mean to sound mean spirited and I enjoy the back and forth, point/counterpoint banter, I just can't help myself sometimes. The Rangers games that I have had season tickets to in section 411 with my two grown sons(ages 35 and 28) are the only release I have from a very mundane life.
If we didn't enjoy the back and forth, and the "I told you so's", we wouldn't be on the internet. Calling out somebody for one thing or another, making claims about the team, just another way to make the games feel like they matter more.

Nobody here is gonna say "Well, of course I want them to win, but i'm not sure how it'll go." every game. No! We try to analyze, predict, find patterns, SOME WAY of knowing if we'll win or not. We put big claims on these predictions, some preparing for disappointment, others ready to believe in victory in the face of overwhelming odds, so that when we win we can look the universe in the face and say "See? I ****ing TOLD YOU they would win."

We'll argue and call each other out on our respective ********, but all we want, all we want is to hear Bettman say: "Ryan Callahan, come get the Stanley Cup!". Which he will immediately after hand off to Hank.

Old
12-28-2011, 05:05 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I don't get it. This is like the thread(s) from the summer about who would be named captain.

The answers to these questions seem obvious, IMHO. Callahan was clearly getting the captaincy, and Staal is clearly getting the A back. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, because they don't take them away from players who missed time due to concussions, especially not players who played through them willingly (or as a result of organizational pressure; I don't think that was the case necessarily, but it isn't an impossible scenario).

Now, I believe you can technically run with 3, or have they changed it? Maybe they'll do that. Girardi deserves it if that is indeed possible.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote