HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Campoli(Campoli thread)

Old
12-28-2011, 05:39 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

vCash: 500
Trade Campoli(Campoli thread)

For anything. This guy just does not have a place on this team. Even to Phoenix for our 7th rounder back would be suitable. The fact that he's a "veteran" means he's not going to sit forever, and he makes this team worse when he takes Emelin or Diaz out of the lineup.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:44 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Yeah, no.

I'd rather not get into injury trouble again. When Markov is back and the rest of the defense is 100% healthy? Make a move to trade Campoli.

Right now, with Markov's future uncertain, and our "luck" with defenseman injuries, I'd rather keep him.

He's about as good as Gill and Weber. And he's better than anyone in the minors except St-Denis (who at this point, I trust over Weber, Gill and Campoli). I'd rather keep the depth.

Knowing us, we'd trade him, and then Emelin, Diaz, and Kaberle will all get hurt in the next two games and we have Alex Henry and Joe ****ing Callahan on defense.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Not sure it's a good idea to trade a guy when we just signed him, perhaps at the deadline though, and even then, better keep him just in case, like natey said...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:59 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I echo the above sentiment, keep him for now to make sure everyone is healthy. But in the end room has to be made for Emelin and Weber to play regularly.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
For anything. This guy just does not have a place on this team. Even to Phoenix for our 7th rounder back would be suitable. The fact that he's a "veteran" means he's not going to sit forever, and he makes this team worse when he takes Emelin or Diaz out of the lineup.
I'm sure he is worth a lot more than a phoenix 7th. He was traded for a 2nd rounder last year. He's had a rough year here so far but missing 2 months probably set him back to off season level.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:47 AM
habsjunkie2*

Campoli is brutal, has never been anything special. Funny how some were expecting him to turn the habs around. There's a reason he wasn't signed prior to the 24th Sept. No one wanted him.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Campoli is brutal, has never been anything special. Funny how some were expecting him to turn the habs around. There's a reason he wasn't signed prior to the 24th Sept. No one wanted him.
Don't forget that he's missed 2 months after arriving late in camp. Plus he was to miss a bit more time and they plugged him right in the lineup. I think they rushed him back a bit. He's a much better player than he has shown.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:37 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm sure he is worth a lot more than a phoenix 7th. He was traded for a 2nd rounder last year. He's had a rough year here so far but missing 2 months probably set him back to off season level.
Exactly.

People here are a bit ridiculous sometimes. Yes, Campoli has not been good. But he's a solid bottom pairing defenseman. The guy just missed two months. Not too many players can bounce back from injury like nothing happened - especially a bottom pairing type defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Yeah, how about no.

Don't make stuff up when you don't have sources.

The Blackhawks, aka the best team in the league, wanted him. They just didn't want him at $2.5M, which is understandable. Campoli, from what was said on radio shows and the such, kept looking to get what he was awarded in arbitration. When he couldn't get it, he settled for 750K less.

I'd wager more teams would have been interested as well if the Blackhawks were. I think that Montreal just probably made the best offer when he signed because of the whole Markov situation.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Exactly.

People here are a bit ridiculous sometimes. Yes, Campoli has not been good. But he's a solid bottom pairing defenseman. The guy just missed two months. Not too many players can bounce back from injury like nothing happened - especially a bottom pairing type defenseman.

Yeah, how about no.

Don't make stuff up when you don't have sources.

The Blackhawks, aka the best team in the league, wanted him. They just didn't want him at $2.5M, which is understandable. Campoli, from what was said on radio shows and the such, kept looking to get what he was awarded in arbitration. When he couldn't get it, he settled for 750K less.

I'd wager more teams would have been interested as well if the Blackhawks were. I think that Montreal just probably made the best offer when he signed because of the whole Markov situation.
Agree, why trade him now, when at the deadline you will have more suitors for him, hence getting more than what you would get now

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Habs should be in no rush to move Campoli. If you get an offer that's probably as good as at the deadline(2nd rounder) then you jump on it, otherwise be patient.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Don't forget that he's missed 2 months after arriving late in camp. Plus he was to miss a bit more time and they plugged him right in the lineup. I think they rushed him back a bit. He's a much better player than he has shown.
Agree with this. I liked Campoli's signing, I just didn't like that it signaled Markov's long-term absence. Give Campoli a little time to find his groove and get to know his teammates. He'll be worth it, either in performance or in trade bait later on.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:41 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We have yet to win a game with Campoli in the line-up.

It is no coencidence that we win the first game since he's been back when he's in the press box.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Chris Campoli

Tyler Graovac

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Patty Roy

I'd want a 3rd or an interesting B prospect for Campoli....if that offer isn't out there i hold onto him till the deadline.

As we've seen the last few seasons D-depth is incredibly valuable down the stretch, so i'm in no rush to see the Habs simply give him away.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:18 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
bro the dude is a 6th -7th depth guy

he is on the cheap on a 1 year deal and will be gone

no issue with these types as long as they are cheap

its those Spacek on 3 year , nearly 4 mil contracts that kill us

as **** as Campoli is , he doesnt kill my cap

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:20 AM
neofury*

I know how people are saying keep him just in case, however people are neglecting the fact that even St-Denis has been better than him up until now. If he's still pitifully bad by deadline and somebody will take him I'd gladly take a pick for him. We likely won't need the depth anyways and even if we did St-Denis will be available.

Diaz, Emelin, St-Denis, Weber have all looked better than Campoli and that's saying a lot considering how badly Weber/Diaz have played some stretches.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:38 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Campoli is a UFA this summer so I doubt he wants to be a healthy scratch, I'd rather play guys like Emelin, Weber and St-Denis who have a future with us over a guy who makes rookie mistakes and won't be back next year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Campoli is basically trash at this point. He brings nothing to the team that they don't already have and he has no future with the Habs. Weber is already there as injury insurance but Campoli will have little value around the league.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I think Campoli has been fine. He's not a 3rd defenceman though, which is why he fit in so well with Chicago. He was playing a 5th-6th role because Chicago had enough depth.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I think Campoli has been fine. He's not a 3rd defenceman though, which is why he fit in so well with Chicago. He was playing a 5th-6th role because Chicago had enough depth.
Fair enough but the youngsters are doing better than he is even when given the same role. By far.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:56 AM
dcyhabs

Campoli is up and down, some good, some bad, not very physical. The main problem is that he is yet another somewhat unphysical, fairly offensive, lefty. Sort of like the crowd of talented little guys. Every team can use two or three, the habs have five or six.

The other problem Campoli has is that as soon as he does something bad everyone starts flaming him. What he needs are some seriously protected pp minutes to put up some points before the deadline so that the habs can get something for him if they have healthy D-men or play him if they don't.

Not easy having a lot of D-men who need limited protected minutes for varied reasons (Kaberle, Weber, Campoli, Gill...) plus a couple of rookies. Subban is not ready to be on the first pairing yet, either.

If Markov comes back, stays healthy, and can provide what he provided a couple of years ago all the problems vanish. Subban goes back to being a second pairing star and continues to develop into a number one pairing guy in a couple of years. With Markov, Subban, and Gorges playing 20-25 minutes each you have about 45 minutes to split between 3 or 4 situational guys.

Trading one of the offensive lefties for a shutdown righty would be useful in the short term.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Trade him for a pick at the deadline. Something similar to what we traded for to get Mara.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We have yet to win a game with Campoli in the line-up.

It is no coencidence that we win the first game since he's been back when he's in the press box.
agreed

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:37 AM
newtown33

Campoli was terrible in Ottawa for years. He did just okay playing with Chicago against 3rd line competiton. He is sitting in his living room and training with a junior team at the beginning of 2011-2012. How did Pierre Gauthier think he was gonna help our D is beyond me.

I just can't wait for the trade deadline so we let go Campoli, Gill, Moen, maybe Cammallerri...

newtown33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtown33 View Post
Campoli was terrible in Ottawa for years. He did just okay playing with Chicago against 3rd line competiton. He is sitting in his living room and training with a junior team at the beginning of 2011-2012. How did Pierre Gauthier think he was gonna help our D is beyond me.

I just can't wait for the trade deadline so we let go Campoli, Gill, Moen, maybe Cammallerri...
If he was that bad in Ottawa why did Chicago trade a 2nd rounder to get him? Your post makes no logical sense.