HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Wayne Simmonds KOs Eric Brewer

Old
12-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Simmonds is a very underrated fighter. I have always liked his game but HBO is quickly making him one of my favorite players.

Would have loved to see Lucic and Simmonds go at it last week. Wayne was trying to get at him after his hit on Rinaldo.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Simmonds is a very underrated fighter. I have always liked his game but HBO is quickly making him one of my favorite players.

Would have loved to see Lucic and Simmonds go at it last week. Wayne was trying to get at him after his hit on Rinaldo.
I think Lucic has like 30-40 pounds on Simmonds. On top of that Lucic is ****ing scary.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Wow Simmonds was really throwing 'em hard. Brewer seems to be ok tho

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Man Bear Pig

Simmonds is the next generation type of tough guy. By that I mean a guy who can actually play, and fight. Not many around but I find guys like him, Lucic,Phaneuf etc way better than enforcers. More entertaining. Yes, I mentioned Dion. I'm buzzing and couldn't think of anyone else.

Edit-Now that I saw a Ducks fan I immediately thought of Perry and Getzlaf as well.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I think Lucic has like 30-40 pounds on Simmonds. On top of that Lucic is ****ing scary.
Depends who Lucic is fighting. He doesn't always do to well against goons like Orr. Colton broke his nose and Lucic hid behind the linesmen. Take it easy Bruins fans, it happened. When Milan is matched up against non-goons, he'll pretty much mop the floor with anyone. Those are the guys he should be fighting, why waste 5 minutes on scrubs? I should also point out that Wayne went after Lucic just last week IIRC for a borderline hit, Simmonds seems to be willing to drop em'.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:33 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Simmonds is the next generation type of tough guy. By that I mean a guy who can actually play, and fight. Not many around but I find guys like him, Lucic,Phaneuf etc way better than enforcers. More entertaining. Yes, I mentioned Dion. I'm buzzing and couldn't think of anyone else.

Edit-Now that I saw a Ducks fan I immediately thought of Perry and Getzlaf as well.
umm....okay

i think some better examples are guys like clowe, McQuaid, kassian, gleason, zack smith, Mark Stuart....the three bolded guys do drop the gloves rarely, but aren't very good at it. getzlaf is okay though.

Quote:
Depends who Lucic is fighting. He doesn't always do to well against goons like Orr. Colton broke his nose and Lucic hid behind the linesmen. Take it easy Bruins fans, it happened. When Milan is matched up against non-goons, he'll pretty much mop the floor with anyone. Those are the guys he should be fighting, why waste 5 minutes on scrubs? I should also point out that Wayne went after Lucic just last week IIRC for a borderline hit, Simmonds seems to be willing to drop em'.
Lucic does fine against goons, orr is the only scrub i can think of that really beat him. all the other enforcers he has hung in there with fine. he has obviously lost other fights but has proven he can hang with a lot of the enforcers. and obviously a leaf fan cannot mention Lucic and fighting without mentioning the orr fight. i think it is impossible for them to do

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Simmonds really knows how to swing, that was awesome. Props to Brewer for coming back right after!

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:38 AM
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
Seemed like Brewer was going down and Simmonds hit him with an unnecessary uppercut. Was good 'till then.

PensPlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Brewer got in a very vulnerable position and Simmonds took full advantage of it.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
The Hartnell incident was more important. IMO what a POS

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Lucic hung with Orr for a while before Orr took over, no shame in that, he lasted longer than alot of 'tough guys' have.

I'm not sure how hard Wayne went after Lucic, if he wanted him that bad he could have done more.

Last edited by Therick67: 12-28-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Good win for Simmonds. He can scrap, but I think he's getting a little overrated here. Brewer isn't exactly a good fighter. Tough kid, will drop the mitts but not really a fighter. Prust tuned up Simmonds in thier tilt. Prust is half his size.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:48 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Oh my. lol He was throwing some haymakers and connecting. Those punches were scary fast.

Wtf was Hartnell doing?!?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Oh my. lol He was throwing some haymakers and connecting. Those punches were scary fast.

Wtf was Hartnell doing?!?
Being the piece of **** he normally is.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Orr also doesn't always do well against goons. what is your point.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
The Hartnell incident was more important. IMO what a POS
Normal everyday doings for him.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:05 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Good win for Simmonds. He can scrap, but I think he's getting a little overrated here. Brewer isn't exactly a good fighter. Tough kid, will drop the mitts but not really a fighter. Prust tuned up Simmonds in thier tilt. Prust is half his size.
Prust won that fight, but it was actually close.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
cassius

Damn.... for a rangy/skinny guy Simmonds can sure throw em.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
cheesesteak

I'm surprised Brewer came back with how they're treating head injuries. He wasn't back 5 minutes later like someone said, but I think he was back at the beginning of the 3rd.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
Being the piece of **** he normally is.
Okay, you must have watched a different feed. Downie is much more a ******* then hartnell, I've watched both in Philly. Malone pointed his stick in hartnells face, hartnell hit it away... This was AFTER Downie slashed hartnell in the leg with his stick from on the bench. Tampa players were clearly in the wrong for the whole incident, only thing hartnell did wrong was skate over to their Bench.

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

I was watching a different feed. The feed that showed Hartnell skate over to the Lightning bench while Boucher was giving instruction and then swing his stick at a group of Lightning players.

If Hartnell doesn't skate up to the TBL bench and try to listen in on Boucher nothing happens, therefor he was being the POS he always is.

Old
12-28-2011, 12:27 PM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
I was watching a different feed. The feed that showed Hartnell skate over to the Lightning bench while Boucher was giving instruction and then swing his stick at a group of Lightning players.

If Hartnell doesn't skate up to the TBL bench and try to listen in on Boucher nothing happens, therefor he was being the POS he always is.
Absolutely wrong. Hartnell skated over, Downie slashed him from on his bench, Malone said something and pointed his stick towards hartnells face, hartnell swatted his stick away.

Old
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Then I guess two different TV feeds showed 2 different things.

Old
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
First Ballot

Hartnell talks a lot **** for a guy who wears a visor... what a POS going to the Lightning bench

First Ballot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:42 PM
HyPnOtiK

You can see in the first video hartnell smacks Malones stick away, he does NOT swing at players. I'm sure there's plenty of videos showing downies slash too. The Tampa feed and and announcers to a good job at covering that up