HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2011, 10:31 PM
  #76
Icelevel
Relentless
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,637
vCash: 500
nick foligno was a ppg (or more?) while he was playing center.

since regin came back and foligno was moved to wing, he has 1 assist in his last 6 games.


Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
  #77
Icelevel
Relentless
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,637
vCash: 500
last time about foligno.

he was one of the best forwards in the league (yup) while he was playing center. something like 8 pts and 4 goals in 8 games, playing physical and getting opponents off their games.

now he's a minus player with 2 assists in his last 8.

I didn't get why maclean and murray were saying he didn't work out there and that's why they had to get turris.
Foligno was better at center than turris. sure, turris will use this time to improve, but i thought i heard murray say this trade makes the team better right now. so which is it? right now, or 2 years down the road.

you don't take a player out of a role he is excelling at unless you have a better option.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
  #78
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
last time about foligno.

he was one of the best forwards in the league (yup) while he was playing center. something like 8 pts and 4 goals in 8 games, playing physical and getting opponents off their games.

now he's a minus player with 2 assists in his last 8.

I didn't get why maclean and murray were saying he didn't work out there and that's why they had to get turris.
Foligno was better at center than turris. sure, turris will use this time to improve, but i thought i heard murray say this trade makes the team better right now. so which is it? right now, or 2 years down the road.

you don't take a player out of a role he is excelling at unless you have a better option.
Disagree.

Actually think Foligno's played well at both spots for the last while

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
  #79
Icelevel
Relentless
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Disagree.

Actually think Foligno's played well at both spots for the last while
he's played fine but the stats are gone now. turris has been fine too, but i don't think he has been as good as foligno was. they can have some time to get more comfortable with each other, i just hope that wasn't an opportunity lost to see foligno develop into a solid 2nd line scorer.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
  #80
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
he's played fine but the stats are gone now. turris has been fine too, but i don't think he has been as good as foligno was. they can have some time to get more comfortable with each other, i just hope that wasn't an opportunity lost to see foligno develop into a solid 2nd line scorer.
Foligno's never shown the skills necessary to be a 2nd line center. The guy that carried him through his stint at center was Alfie anyways. Nick's had a good year this year no matter where he's played.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
  #81
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,091
vCash: 500
I would like to see:

Greening - Turris - Michalek

Reason being, They are three of the fastest guys we have.
This would also put Alfy and Spezza together. Magical.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  #82
Healfezza
Registered User
 
Healfezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Do you think the time might be soon to get Da Costa another shot in the top 6? As it stands now the team pretty much freely rotates 2 spots between Greening Condra and Foligno so there would be opportunity to move in. Da Costa showed flashes of his skill here earlier in the year and has done exceedingly well in Bingo. Plus on the LW he will be insulated by our stronger centers Spezza and Turris, and he can take draws if they get kicked out the circle.

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  #83
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
Do you think the time might be soon to get Da Costa another shot in the top 6? As it stands now the team pretty much freely rotates 2 spots between Greening Condra and Foligno so there would be opportunity to move in. Da Costa showed flashes of his skill here earlier in the year and has done exceedingly well in Bingo. Plus on the LW he will be insulated by our stronger centers Spezza and Turris, and he can take draws if they get kicked out the circle.
I think Da Costa remains in Bingo for the remainder of this season unless there are a rash of injuries in Ottawa. Next yr I think he will replace Locke as Bingo`s #1 centre & will be a injury callup. With the addition of Turris & Zibanejad coming next season Da Costa is dropping on the depth chart.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
  #84
tubby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Foligno's never shown the skills necessary to be a 2nd line center. The guy that carried him through his stint at center was Alfie anyways.
Be that as it may, Alfie is a big part of Turris' success as well...

tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 01:23 PM
  #85
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,328
vCash: 500
Smith - Spezza - Michalek
Condra - Turris - Alfredsson
Foligno - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Konopka/Winchester - Neil

Kuba - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee

Anderson
Lehner

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.