HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread - Oilers 4 Habs 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 03:02 AM
KnuklZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Markov: His worst effort of the season so far, but I think his confidence is starting to take a hit playing with Traffic Cone all night every night. It was nice to see him paired with Breezer a little towards the end, if only to give him the chance to deal with someone else for a few. B-
I agree with you on most points of your post but BUT like you always said you rate players based on their ability. Considering Markov has the ability to be a dominating and defensive solid defenseman I do not understand how you figure Markov deserved a passing grade. I mean hands down he was the worst player on the ice when it comes to playing up to your ability.

He was sooo slow last night that I was shocked that every1 on the Oilers team beat him in a foot race (I had to double check each time that it was 79 as I couldnt believe my eyes). He was also very ineffective on the PP. By far his worst game in the past 2 seasons and does not deserve a B- (no matter what scale you use).

My rating for Markov: D-

Old
11-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Darz

The habs overall didn't play all that bad of a game, but we need some serious help burying some of these scoring chaces. I think the longer most of these forwards go without nabbing a goal the harder it is going to get. There were so many times last night I watch scoring chance after scoring chance be denied because one of the forwards couldn't put the puck in the right spot (usually upstairs).

Old
11-05-2003, 04:32 AM
crakced

Time to sit some of the vets until they get the message. Maybe Rivet should sit and Komisarek should be pulled up. Maybe Perrault/Ribeiro (take your pick both are ineffective) should sit and Plekanec should come up.

Or maybe we should ride out the losing streak and hope for Ovechkin. Can we trade any players to Pittsburgh to help them get more points??

Old
11-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Lil Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced
Time to sit some of the vets until they get the message. Maybe Rivet should sit and Komisarek should be pulled up. Maybe Perrault/Ribeiro (take your pick both are ineffective) should sit and Plekanec should come up.

Or maybe we should ride out the losing streak and hope for Ovechkin. Can we trade any players to Pittsburgh to help them get more points??
Perhaps Garon should stop more than 13 of the 17 shots he faced.

Closed Thread