HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jake V

Old
12-25-2011, 07:18 PM

vCash: 50
Jake V

Very impressed lately. Agree?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 07:23 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
He has been great lately. If he has a better shot he'd be unstoppable. But very impressive nonetheless.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
He makes a lot of offense happen. If he had a shot worth mentioning he'd be a huge threat with the way he's playing

12-25-2011, 08:37 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

vCash: 500
Wish we had top line room for him, he was great while Giroux was out

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 10:37 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

STRONG ON DAT PUCK

jakey/giroux/jagr = GOD TIER PUCK CONTROL

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I'm a huge fan of his speed and puck control/protection. Looks like Jagr is teaching him some tricks. Also, I think having Jagr on the team is simply unreal for Voracek. Obviously it's amazing for all of the younger players, but for Voracek it must be insane.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I called it from as soon as he was traded here. He was so underrated in Columbus. His defensive stats were simply amazing in Columbus and everyone thought it was Nash. Really wasn't. We robbed Columbus, and that trade will go down in history as one of the most lopsided trades in history.

Voracek is simply better than leino in every way possible.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:20 AM
nuclear reactor

Van Useless could take a lesson from him.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I called it from as soon as he was traded here. He was so underrated in Columbus. His defensive stats were simply amazing in Columbus and everyone thought it was Nash. Really wasn't. We robbed Columbus, and that trade will go down in history as one of the most lopsided trades in history.

Voracek is simply better than leino in every way possible.

Voracek has really come into his own of late but to say he is better than leino is silly. Leino had a much better shot and actual dangles.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Voracek has really come into his own of late but to say he is better than leino is silly. Leino had a much better shot and actual dangles.
Is this a trolling attempt?

Leino fell apart when he wasn't playing with Briere and harts. Leino gave up so many turnovers on the blue line it was a joke.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:06 AM
lancer247

Really strong 2 way player. If he could finish he would be sick. He definitely benefits from playing on a team with some many guy that can finish. I used to talkk to 2 guys from CLB that always killed Voracek as inconsistent but his effort always seems there. He is just more of a playmaker then scorer and CLB needed him to score goals.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:53 AM
cheesesteak

He's been great. I think we should have him run the 2nd PP unit instead of the 1st PP point. They seem to struggle entering the zone, getting set up, and that's Voraceks specialty.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:03 PM
gocbj

Jake can be great, but I know for a fact that he was very down about leaving Columbus. Yes, I'd want to play for the Flyers more than our loser Jackets, but he was just bored and lonely "off the clock" in Philly. Maybe he is getting more comfortable now - perhaps developing friendships on the team and his play is improving. He had / has many friends in Columbus, and was very comfortable being an "ordinary guy" outside of the arena. Here in Columbus, he could go to a restaurant with a couple of friends and not be bothered. He is a very, very nice person, and emotional too. If there is anything the team can do to get him some friends and make him really feel welcome in the community, that will help. He is very young and young kids need to have fun (not necessarily partying, just fun). He needs to be comfortable outside of the game to be at his best.

...and by the way, don't underestimate his leadership ability. He may not be a Captain, but players respect him and he sees the game very well. He is the kind of player that would make a good coach.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:07 PM
gocbj

Jake can be great, but I know for a fact that he was very down about leaving Columbus. Yes, I'd want to play for the Flyers more than our loser Jackets, but he was just bored and lonely "off the clock" in Philly. Maybe he is getting more comfortable now - perhaps developing friendships on the team and his play is improving. He had / has many friends in Columbus, and was very comfortable being an "ordinary guy" outside of the arena. Here in Columbus, he could go to a restaurant with a couple of friends and not be bothered. He is a very, very nice person, and emotional too. If there is anything the team can do to get him some friends and make him really feel welcome in the community, that will help. He is very young and young kids need to have fun (not necessarily partying, just fun). He needs to be comfortable outside of the game to be at his best.

...and by the way, don't underestimate his leadership ability. He may not be a Captain, but players respect him and he sees the game very well. He is the kind of player that would make a good coach.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:11 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Like Giroux, I think Jagr has had a great effect on Voracek and the way he's been playing.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:15 PM
MsWoof

He's definitely much improved since the start of the season. Hopefully he can start scoring some goals, too.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
mm6492

He has very good speed, his puck control is good and improving (I think Jagr is helping him out with this). If he had a better shot, he would be great.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Boy is nice. I don't think he should have any issues making friends on this team. It's full of forwards who are not much older than him and the greatest Czech hockey player of all time. Sounds like a nice little spot for him right now.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Voracek has come along nicely this year if he had a better shot definately would be and even sicker beast than he is, I love his energy and theank you Jagr for taking all these guys under your Czech godlike wing and helping them so much everyone is better now thank you

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 03:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Voracek has come along nicely this year if he had a better shot definately would be and even sicker beast than he is, I love his energy and theank you Jagr for taking all these guys under your Czech godlike wing and helping them so much everyone is better now thank you
I want to reiterate the bold. Jagr has done wonders for the young forwards on this team.

I also want to point out that these young guys have done wonders for Jagr as well. Jagr right now is happy, out of the spotlight, playing without the pressure of being Jagr, and all-around seeming to enjoy his time in Philadelphia. I think he enjoys his role now as much as the kids enjoy having him in the locker room.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:58 PM
klikkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I want to reiterate the bold. Jagr has done wonders for the young forwards on this team.

I also want to point out that these young guys have done wonders for Jagr as well. Jagr right now is happy, out of the spotlight, playing without the pressure of being Jagr, and all-around seeming to enjoy his time in Philadelphia. I think he enjoys his role now as much as the kids enjoy having him in the locker room.
As Jags himself said "I never thought I would be so happy in Philly".

As for Jake, I really started following NHL closely in what was his first year in the league. He has been my favorite player since. He may never be a 80-90 point player, but the kid is all heart and its great to watch him develop.

klikkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:37 PM
mrgjnv

You mean Jake Vanberkel? He's only in Tyke! LOL!

mrgjnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:32 AM
esuhock22

I knew he had good puck control and speed, but when he is hustling like he has been for awhile now he stands out. Doesn't seem to be the best finisher, but I like a guy with great vision who you can tell really works hard to get the puck on his stick and make plays.

esuhock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Voracek has been fabulous so far for the Flyers. The one thing I tend to think with regards to Jake is that he's going to be an elite defensive forward in the mold of Jere Lehtinen instead of a point scoring machine simply because he doesn't have a good shot. With that being said, I have no problems if Jake becomes a consistent 50 to 55 point producer while playing a highly valuable two-way game. I think Jake will be destined for the third line in a shut down role with Couturier and Simmonds. Could make for one hell of a line in the future.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
tuckrr

Jv is looking more and more like hossa.

I like that a lot.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote