Notices

3 more out..

Old
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
ThomasJ13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
1. Seemless glass, better viewing for the premium ticket holders, murder on player's bodies. I'm willing to bet 70 - 80 percent of the head to glass concussion don't happen if the old style glass with give was still in place.
2. No red line, faster game = more high impact collisions. Better skating dmen a far more adept at open ice contact.
3. No whistle offsides - again bigger players in motion more often = more plays with speed and thus collisions.
4. Player size/fitness - Bigger men, nuff said.
5. Medical Awareness - Better attention after getting "dinged".
6. Sadly yes, the instigator rule. Savard gets taken out, Crosby goes down initially with a questionable amount of contact. These players that crossed the line would have only done so once or twice. In Cooke's case he is a ten time offender to say the least.
I was under the impression that most of the seamless glass was already gone, and what little was left was going to be replaced before this season:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=890842

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...223/story.html

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 717
IMO Equipment needs to go softer.

These head injuries are out of control.

12-28-2011, 05:34 PM
thegodfather

vCash: 500
This is very interesting...from tsn...

"It is very disappointing that Mark Fistric's hit on Shea Weber in Dallas last Friday is not being looked at as a suspendable act," said Jarrett Bousquet, Weber's agent from Titan Sports Management Inc. "To me this is an illegal hit to the head and in complete violation of Rule 48. Fistric is a repeat offender and regardless of where the puck is, Fistric makes direct contact with Weber's head resulting in a concussion."

"This is the exact kind of hit that the NHL is trying to eliminate," added Bousquet. "If the NHL wants to protect its superstars, or any player for that matter, hits like this should result in a suspension."

I've now watched the hit and couple of times and I have to say I agree with the agent here.

Anyone else ?

thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote