HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: So much for tanking - Habs beat Sens 6-2

Old
12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
I have no problem with subban's celebrations, but my god, he makes alot of dumb turnovers. Infact, the shift that he scored on, he made an incredibly dumb move to cause a 2 on 1 on price.

Yes, he scored, but the bad habits are still there after being scratched, and that worries me because it will bite him if he doesnt smarten up. I mean, they aren't even risky plays, they are hopeless plays. It just makes me shake my head. With the amount of his turnovers that have directly lead to goals against in the past 10 games, I thought he would manage the puck a bit safer.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I have no problem with subban's celebrations, but my god, he makes alot of dumb turnovers. Infact, the shift that he scored on, he made an incredibly dumb move to cause a 2 on 1 on price.

Yes, he scored, but the bad habits are still there after being scratched, and that worries me because it will bite him if he doesnt smarten up. I mean, they aren't even risky plays, they are hopeless plays. It just makes me shake my head. With the amount of his turnovers that have directly lead to goals against in the past 10 games, I thought he would manage the puck a bit safer.
It worries me too. He sometime makes think of a little brat in gym class who jumps on the benches and screams, yet would be the best of his class in every sport. The kind of brat you'd punch in the face but end up crongatulating for having an A.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

He's still very young. He'll improve.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's still very young. He'll improve.
And that's the silver lining. I dont want to make it sound like I want him removed from the team. Its just frustrating to watch sometimes.

Hopefully he gets better with age, I think he will. Or he can be alot like jovoanovski and what you see is what you get for his entire career... which still isnt terrible, but he can be much better.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

It was about time that the effect of a "More horrible player" thread on Cammalleri kicked in...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:28 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Really...Pacioretty losing a hug-out visor-fight to a Brian Lee is what the team needed?

In the 5min Pacioretty was in the box for fighting the Sens outshot the Habs 4-0 (shots were 8-2 Sens pre-fight) and upped their physical play to outhit the Habs 6-2 during that time (it was 3-2 Sens pre-fight).

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/PL020531.HTM

The Habs 1st shot after the fight happened 6min later and it went in.

Fighting can provide a boost when it is seen as protecting a teammate and the player actually wins (see Ryan White on Johnny Boychuk). I don't see the benefit of staged fights between goons and these hug outs between non fighters.
Whether punches are thrown or land squarely is irrelevant. It shows a desire to compete and ultimately brings the team closer together, as of now, the players are playing as a bunch of individuals, working as a team and creating unity is a must, this type of behavior from max goes a long way in the dressing room.

Without having played competitive sports it's hard to understand the psychological impacts of a unified squad, but it's very important and something this team currently lacks. Winning the bout or beating the opponent is not what's important here. Showing the competitiveness to do something out of your comfort zone goes along way to the rest of your team mates.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Whether punches are thrown or land squarely is irrelevant. It shows a desire to compete and ultimately brings the team closer together, as of now, the players are playing as a bunch of individuals, working as a team and creating unity is a must, this type of behavior from max goes a long way in the dressing room.

Without having played competitive sports it's hard to understand the psychological impacts of a unified squad, but it's very important and something this team currently lacks. Winning the bout or beating the opponent is not what's important here. Showing the competitiveness to do something out of your comfort zone goes along way to the rest of your team mates.
some fights may, the one we witnessed last game doesnt.

At best, teammates will respect what he did, but it will stops there. Been in enough and seen enough to tell you, fights like this one bring NOTHING. Only those who never been in fighting sports will think otherwise...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post

Elliotte Friedman on 990 today spoke about how he spoke with Max prior to last night's game, and that Max said someone needed to take it upon themselves to do something to spark the team, and then with a smile, said that maybe it would be him. Friedman said at the time he didn't think Max meant he'd get in to a fight, but based on their conversation, figures that is what Max was implying.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote