HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
If we're considering trading Markov then this year is irrelevant. And next year the existing conference structure is no more and we don't play Philadelphia anymore than Anaheim, San Jose or Phoenix.

So the only teams you should be against trading him to are Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, Ottawa, Tampa or Florida.
First of all I don't want to trade him period, let's get him healthy.

Second, if you trade your best player within the conference then he may be the guy that knocks out of the playoffs.

Old
12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
First of all I don't want to trade him period, let's get him healthy.

Second, if you trade your best player within the conference then he may be the guy that knocks out of the playoffs.
And my point was that, if Montreal trades Markov, they are really not expecting to make the playoffs this year. And this year is the last year that Philadelhia are in our 'conference'.

Old
12-28-2011, 02:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Anyone think a deal based around Gionta and Dubinsky is possible? Dubinsky makes 4.2 mil a year for 4 years. Gionta makes 5 mil for 3 years. Gionta has had the better goal scoring production and might be a better fit for them and dubinsky for us. We take on salary so no one gets their panties in a bunch but we'd add size and have a versatile player who can play wing or center.

Old
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Anyone think a deal based around Gionta and Dubinsky is possible? Dubinsky makes 4.2 mil a year for 4 years. Gionta makes 5 mil for 3 years. Gionta has had the better goal scoring production and might be a better fit for them and dubinsky for us. We take on salary so no one gets their panties in a bunch but we'd add size and have a versatile player who can play wing or center.
I'm afraid of that type of deal if BG or PGGM are involved....they'd add in Beaulieu and a 1st

seriously though, I do feel like the rangers would want Gionta+ for us to get Dubinsky, and depending on the + I'd be open to it.

Old
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
And3 my point was that, if Montreal trades Markov, they are really not expecting to make the playoffs this year. And this year is the last year that Philadelhia are in our 'conference'.
NHLPA didn't approve the new changes yet. I have a feeling they won't, players won't like that the "East" teams have 1/7 chances of making the playoffs while the "West" teams have 1/8. I REALLY don't like the "new" conferences and I would keep them the same they are until something better can be worked out. This new arrangement seems rushed and butched just so some changes would be made.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
S Bah

I would be trading the smaller players and getting draft picks or prospects to acquire bigger talent and develop them in the system.In this draft getting Grigorenko would be my aim,short of that then the BPA defencemen more than likely with huge upside.Defencemen are always in demand especially good two-way Dmen for our team or for trades in next seasons draft.The Habs need to become deep in prospects by getting those late first round,second round and early third round picks that can make a difference.Gauthier and Timmins strength is player evaluation and the next two drafts are the best in years,get it done build the team's depth for the next decade.

Old
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

To Montreal:

Carter
Vermette
Umberger
3rd Rounder

To Columbus:

Gionta
Gomez
Palushaj
Another mid-level prospect or a 2nd rounder

So, we get Carter, a 40+ goal scorer that plays centre and has a big body, we also get Vermette, a depth centre who will nicely compliment our 3rd line and we also get Umberger, a 20-25 goal scorer at his best and could take on the role of 2nd line RW. Columbus gets Gionta, a veteran winger with leadership (can help CBJ young players) and provides some scoring. Gomez will add needed salary to their roster and can be a depth centre or even centre their top line. Palushaj has the potential to become a descent 2nd liner or a very good 3rd liner and maybe a mid level prospect.

Old
12-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
To Montreal:

Carter
Vermette
Umberger
3rd Rounder

To Columbus:

Gionta
Gomez
Palushaj

So, we get Carter, a 40+ goal scorer that plays centre and has a big body, we also get Vermette, a depth centre who will nicely compliment our 3rd line and we also get Umberger, a 20-25 goal scorer at his best and could take on the role of 2nd line RW. Columbus gets Gionta, a veteran winger with leadership (can help CBJ young players) and provides some scoring. Gomez will add needed salary to their roster and can be a depth centre or even centre their top line. Palushaj has the potential to become a descent 2nd liner or a very good 3rd liner and maybe a mid level prospect.
No way they do this. We would need to add in Ak or Cammy.

Old
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
To Montreal:

Carter
Vermette
Umberger
3rd Rounder

To Columbus:

Gionta
Gomez
Palushaj

Why would Columbus do that only 6 months after trading Voracek and a 1st(Couturier) for Carter? We'd have to add Price Subban or Pacioretty to that deal to make it even.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Corncob

Quote:
To Montreal:

Carter
Vermette
Umberger
3rd Rounder

To Columbus:

Gionta
Gomez
Palushaj

Hmm, it almost makes me wonder why Columbus doesn't just keep the '40+ goalscorer that plays centre and has a big body' and then they wouldn't 'need salary'....

Old
12-30-2011, 04:39 AM
S Bah

The only thing I want in trades are 1st,2nd and 3rd round picks for the 2012 draft and a lottery pick finish to the season.The Habs only chance of becoming an Elite team is by keeping the core players and trading the rest for picks.The future starts from the 2012 draft.

Old
12-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
To Montreal:

Carter
Vermette
Umberger
3rd Rounder

To Columbus:

Gionta
Gomez
Palushaj

Please, don't post this proposal on the Trade boards...

Old
12-30-2011, 09:10 AM
onice

Price to the Make Believes

I know I shouldn't post a Price proposal after last night's game but I've been thinking about this for awhile.

I like Reimer (sp?) so here's my question: would you trade the generational Price & throw in Gomez for Reimer, Kadri & T.O.'s 1st in 2012? I haven't looked at the cap numbers so don't blast me on that.

I think for the Habs Reimer would put up similar numbers to Price and I think Kadri & a 1st would more than compensate for the difference - if there is any - between Price & Reimer.

For the Make Believes, Burke seems to be the type of GM that would go for the higher upside player. Example Kessel. I could be wrong. If I get flamed by Hab fans then maybe Burke would go for this deal.

This way the Habs get rid of Gomez and his 7.3 million hit and the Leaf fans get to map out a Cup parade and have no Cup. The Habs will see a small fall off in goal tending but Kadri would provide more offense and creativity up front. If this goes down, we could package our two 1st for either of the two top picks or just keep them.

I don't agree with the Flyers idea that goalies are not important but I also don't agree with the Montreal idea that you need a superstar in nets. I think a good, competent goalie is enough. Besides I'm starting to think that Price is going to be one of those goalies that will be always mentioned in the top three best goalies but never win a Cup: English Canada's version of Luongo.

Anyway fire away.

Last edited by onice: 12-30-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old
12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Close this, ban OP.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
theboss*

delete ur account and never post a trade proposal in ur life

and Price>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>Reimer AINEC

Old
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Phillyhabsfan

If you look at what Habs have that is attractive to other teams I would say the guy you could look to trade is Plekanec. I like him as a player, but he is not a top-line guy. Can you package him to get something back that is attractive? Example what would it take to get Eric Staal out of Carolina? Plekanec and......

Old
12-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyhabsfan View Post
If you look at what Habs have that is attractive to other teams I would say the guy you could look to trade is Plekanec. I like him as a player, but he is not a top-line guy. Can you package him to get something back that is attractive? Example what would it take to get Eric Staal out of Carolina? Plekanec and......
I don't think I'd trade Plekanec for Staal straight up. Staal makes 8.5 cap hit and his play isn't justifying it.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Phillyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think I'd trade Plekanec for Staal straight up. Staal makes 8.5 cap hit and his play isn't justifying it.
That is the point. if he was playing to his capability he wouldn't be available, not that he might be now. He is a legit #1 centre, he is $8.25 hit for this year and 4 more years, which takes him until 32 years old.

Plekanec is a $5MM hit for the same time period. The money probably doesn't make sense, unless they had bought out Gomez. Damn Gomez kills this team at every turn.

But I would easily take Staal over Plekanec straight up. Much more upside as a top-line centre, which this team desperately needs.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyhabsfan View Post
That is the point. if he was playing to his capability he wouldn't be available, not that he might be now. He is a legit #1 centre, he is $8.25 hit for this year and 4 more years, which takes him until 32 years old.

Plekanec is a $5MM hit for the same time period. The money probably doesn't make sense, unless they had bought out Gomez. Damn Gomez kills this team at every turn.

But I would easily take Staal over Plekanec straight up. Much more upside as a top-line centre, which this team desperately needs.
If I'm trading Plekanec(and that's a huge if) I'm not looking for a big contract but more for something like Richards got the Flyers. Plekanec is probably worth a bit less but that's the kind of thing I'd want coming back, not a 28 year old with a 8.25 million caphit.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

If we trade Plekanec, it better be a package for Grigorenko.

Grigorenko
Eller
Desharnais

Looks good to me.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:07 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post

Grigorenko
Eller
Desharnais

Looks good to me.
Don't want to deal him since I really believe you actually need vets during a rebuild but I wonder if Wsh would bite on Plekanec for Colorado's first ?
Imagine if they're really desperate for a real top second line center and we can get them to add to that.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post

Grigorenko
Eller
Desharnais

Looks good to me.
Lol only on hf

Old
12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Phillyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
If I'm trading Plekanec(and that's a huge if) I'm not looking for a big contract but more for something like Richards got the Flyers. Plekanec is probably worth a bit less but that's the kind of thing I'd want coming back, not a 28 year old with a 8.25 million caphit.
I would have taken Richards in a heartbeat.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Phillyhabsfan

The other option with Plekanec would be to use him to move up in the draft. is he valuable enough to get you a pick in the top 1-5?

Columbus might be interested since the have Carter as #1 centre, plekanec would give them nice #2 centre and penalty killer.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:14 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Lol only on hf
We suck! Let us have fun!

Closed Thread