HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumblings (Columbus Trades? Hemsky Suitors? Carolina waits until Deadline?)

Old
12-28-2011, 06:59 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Yeah, if CAR moves all of their UFAs, which I'm sure they want to, they are going to have to take substantial salary back. Here's one..

To TOR
Ponikarovsky

To CAR
2nd rd pick
Finger

Carolina will probably be moving Allen and Gleason. We will not only need to fill their holes but also their salary.
No thanks. Finger isn't costing us anything.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Yeah, if CAR moves all of their UFAs, which I'm sure they want to, they are going to have to take substantial salary back. Here's one..

To TOR
Ponikarovsky

To CAR
2nd rd pick
Finger

Carolina will probably be moving Allen and Gleason. We will not only need to fill their holes but also their salary.
So this was an example?

No way Burke takes him back.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
So this was an example?

No way Burke takes him back.
Yeah, just an example. Although, I was under the impression the leafs really wanted to rid themselves of Finger's contract.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Guess Holmgren never told anybody that Jeff was safe including Jeff, so then what was his weekend alone all about then? Last I checked it was because he was taken by surprise that he was traded by a team he just signed a very long contract extension with.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Yeah, just an example. Although, I was under the impression the leafs really wanted to rid themselves of Finger's contract.
It isn't a priority at all. Hes in the minors and in his last year. Someone like Lombardi/Komi/Armstrong could go soon to get rid of some cap.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:31 PM
GossomeRwing

What players are considered tradeable for the Sharks

GossomeRwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Depending on the return I can see the Canes moving Gleason as soon as Pitkanen's ready to return. If they get a young guy that can play on their roster they won't lose much cap floor wise since Gleason's hit is only 2.75
As a rangers fan,Gleason would be a nice fit for the right price.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:35 PM
matt trick

Pretty much Mitchell and Niittymaki. The play of Demers, Braun, and Mcginn has been very good, making the teams lone need a higher end third liner.

The sharks will get their guy using futures and the two previously noted players.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Would Detroit be willing to part with Kindl for Hemsky? Or am I over-valuing Hemmer or Under valuing Kindl?
Straight up? I'd do that.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:07 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
As a rangers fan,Gleason would be a nice fit for the right price.
What exactly is Wolski's status as a Ranger? Does he have negative value? I've thought it would be interesting to see what he can do as a Cane.

Old
12-28-2011, 08:21 PM
New Liskeard

[QUOTE=Mika Zibanejad;41566317]I can see Toronto being interested in Jeff Carter (if/when he's available) and Samuel Pahlsson.

Pahlsson would be huge for Toronto on the PK and playing on that fourth line.

If Carter is involved, I could see the Maple Leafs parting with Nazem Kadri in a package.[/QUOT

I wouldnt take Carter on the Leafs for free. I'd be suprised Burke would be interested in Carter.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Tarpit*

Right now Hemsky I believe is not on the market and if he was the asking price would be high. It's not what people think his worth is, but his value to Edmonton. If a team wanted him they would have to give something Edmonton needs and not their scraps. The Oilers need a top pairing Dman, RWer or picks. There's no rush for Edmonton to trade him and sooner or later some team will get desperate and pay the price, which has been a 1st+ prospect, IMO. Best wait till the TDL were the bidding will go nuts.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
There is actually a link out there of Holmgren saying this exact thing to ESPN. I can't find it right now but its been posted on this site multiple times.
Does that mean we’ve seen the last of Carter in a Flyers uniform?

Not necessarily. Holmgren indicated he’d like to keep the 26-year-old center/winger.

“We’ll see,”‘ he said. “I like our team. Is it realistic to say we’ll be able to keep everybody together? Probably not, but we’ll see. I like our core of players, for sure. I think the longer you can keep a good group together, the better your odds of winning. A lot of these guys have been together for a long time now, and if we can keep them together, I think it’s an advantage.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...g-jeff-carter/

didnt do much digging but I found this. As usual you arent going to get a straight answer from Paul Holmgren. Stuff like this is per usual for him.

Quote:
What exactly is Wolski's status as a Ranger? Does he have negative value? I've thought it would be interesting to see what he can do as a Cane.
if the Rangers got a 7th rounder for Woliski at this point I think they would take it IMO

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
winger7020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Would it be possible to get Kronwall for Hemsky? The biggest thing on our "wants" list is probably an offensive defenceman, and not even a really good one, just one that brings it every game.
Cant tell if trolling...

No way in hell Wings trade there future number 1 dman and best open ice hitter in the league for a broke ass Hemsky.

Last edited by winger7020: 12-28-2011 at 08:47 PM.
winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 08:54 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
Talent and actual production are two different things though.
He has multiple 70 point seasons under his belt and is like top 10 in PPG by wingers since the lockout.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Does that mean weve seen the last of Carter in a Flyers uniform?

Not necessarily. Holmgren indicated hed like to keep the 26-year-old center/winger.

Well see, he said. I like our team. Is it realistic to say well be able to keep everybody together? Probably not, but well see. I like our core of players, for sure. I think the longer you can keep a good group together, the better your odds of winning. A lot of these guys have been together for a long time now, and if we can keep them together, I think its an advantage.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...g-jeff-carter/

didnt do much digging but I found this. As usual you arent going to get a straight answer from Paul Holmgren. Stuff like this is per usual for him.

if the Rangers got a 7th rounder for Woliski at this point I think they would take it IMO
To NYR
Gleason

To CAR
1st rd pick
Wolski

Sound ok? You guys get Gleason and rid yourselves of Wolski, the Canes get the pick and some salary back, which we'll need.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I can't see Hemsky going to Detroit. They've got enough finesse guys. If they went all out they'd grab a top-6 forward in the power forward mold to play on the third line and a 2nd pairing d-man.

If Edmonton got yet another first rounder from L.A in exchange for Hemsky... geezz.... I'd be really happy and confused.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Cephalusc

Quote:
Other teams shouldn't be super concerned about Hemsky's effort this year. It's really evident that he misses the spotlight that now belongs to Hall, Eberle and Nuge, and on a team like Detroit, he'd blend right in because there are no real young stars there (at least not as young as Nuge).

Would it be possible to get Kronwall for Hemsky? The biggest thing on our "wants" list is probably an offensive defenceman, and not even a really good one, just one that brings it every game.
Kronwall is worth a lot more than Hemsky.

Even a "Kaberle-like" return is wishful thinking IMO. Like it or not, the way Hemsky has played this year will hurt his value. Poor play + huge injury risk ... I don't think there will be a big market for him.

Just noticed Hemsky is listed as "day to day" again too.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
Kronwall is worth a lot more than Hemsky.

Even a "Kaberle-like" return is wishful thinking IMO. Like it or not, the way Hemsky has played this year will hurt his value. Poor play + huge injury risk ... I don't think there will be a big market for him.

Just noticed Hemsky is listed as "day to day" again too.
None of what you say matters on deadline day when your 1 player away from potentially winning a Stanley Cup and the clock is ticking with only few players available. There is always someone out there willing to overpay. What you consider "fair value" is meaningless.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
None of what you say matters on deadline day when your 1 player away from potentially winning a Stanley Cup and the clock is ticking with only few players available. There is always someone out there willing to overpay. What you consider "fair value" is meaningless.
That is very true, however the recent overpayments at the deadline that have almost hurt the teams getting the "final piece" tell me we will not see returns that great for a player that is not Parise/Suter. Kovalchuk probably was underpaid for, but almost every other was overpayed so unless they are bonafide studs, I think the value is going to go way down.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Cephalusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
So it doesn't matter that Hemsky is injury prone and has played terrible all season? Of course that will matter to a GM.

If I was a GM looking to put my team over the top, Hemsky would be way down on my list. When guys like Rene Bourque, Derek Roy, PA Parenteau, etc are rumored to be available trying to trade for Hemsky shouldn't be a priority.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
MessierII

Quote:
So it doesn't matter that Hemsky is injury prone and has played terrible all season? Of course that will matter to a GM.

If I was a GM looking to put my team over the top, Hemsky would be way down on my list. When guys like Rene Bourque, Derek Roy, PA Parenteau, etc are rumored to be available trying to trade for Hemsky shouldn't be a priority.
No honestly it doesnt. None of those guys have the upside Hemsky has. Anyone can do as much as to glimps at his career stats to see this. Hemsky is a high risk, high reward player and I guarantee a lot of GMs will be gambling on february 27th.

Old
12-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Oilking83

Quote:

Other than Roy, who I doubt would be available anyway, none of those guys are game breakers. Quality players for sure, but they can't take over a game the way Hemsky can. He's got injury risk and hasn't been playing very well this year so far but you're kidding yourself if you don't think GM's don't take body of work into account. The guy's a proven 1st liner that produced at just under a pt/gm since the lockout. If Penner got a 1st+prospect, I guarantee Hemsky'll get at least that. If he's even available...

Oilking83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:59 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Other teams shouldn't be super concerned about Hemsky's effort this year. It's really evident that he misses the spotlight that now belongs to Hall, Eberle and Nuge, and on a team like Detroit, he'd blend right in because there are no real young stars there (at least not as young as Nuge).

Unless one of Hall, eberle or nuge are coming our way there is 0% chance kronwall goes to edm. He just signed his wings for life contract; I cant see him being moved.

As a wings fan I would much rather get Ruutu than Hemsky. Hemsky doesnt add a new dynamic to the wings top 6, Ruutu would cost less & could fit anywhere in the top 9 with his ability to hit.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7020 View Post
Cant tell if trolling...

No way in hell Wings trade there future number 1 dman and best open ice hitter in the league for a broke ass Hemsky.
Piling it on pretty thick, Kronwall is a solid Dman, but he's not a future #1 Dman, the one thing that scares of me of Kronwall is that long term contract he has. The Wings and the Oilers are not good trading partners. Other then picks the Wings don't have much to trade. There's Brendan Smith, but I don't think there's much of a chance they'll trade him, anybody else is on the small size and that's the last thing the Oilers need is another smurf.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote