HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #37 : KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS - Wednesday, 12/28/11 @ 5:30 pm PST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
  #276
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
HA! Stoll too funny

Roxo is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
  #277
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner
 
DoktorJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Might just be the Kings night....

DoktorJeep is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
  #278
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Doughty is playing well, getting pucks to the net.

lumbergh is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
  #279
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,268
vCash: 500
Quick needs to work on the puck handling.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:31 PM
  #280
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3machine View Post
Lombardi should slap himself for keeping Terry Murray for as long as he did. We look like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT team with Sutter behind the bench.

Murray and Sutter started coaching in the NHL during the same era.. in 1989 and 1992 respectively.

The similarities stop there. Sutter has changed with the times. Terrance never did.

Murray's system relied on lucky bounces.. Cycle the puck around the wall and throw a thousand shots on the net from the blue line hoping for a redirection or rebound.

Sutter system: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. HIT everything in sight and backcheck your ass off.. Hunter's goal was possible because there were 3 guys who crashed the net hungry for the puck. With Terrance's system.. Hunter aka the F3 or whatever the **** that **** was called would have been in the neutral zone waiting for Chicago to skate back with the puck and hope they would turn it over.

None of that crap with Sutter behind the realm. you dont wait for the other team to mishandle the puck. You get on their ass and force them to turn it over and start the rush.

All you have to look at in the last couple games is how involved our dmen have been on the scoresheet.. how our captain is hitting everything in sight.. and how many damn good quality scoring chances weve had.

Its literally a night and day difference.

GO KINGS GO!
To be fair to Dean Lombardi (I don't agree with his coaches, even sutter). He wanted Sutter before Murray came here. But Sutter was involved with Calgary.

damacles1156 is online now  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:31 PM
  #281
s3machine*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyphy, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3machine View Post
Lombardi should slap himself for keeping Terry Murray for as long as he did. We look like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT team with Sutter behind the bench.

Murray and Sutter started coaching in the NHL during the same era.. in 1989 and 1992 respectively.

The similarities stop there. Sutter has changed with the times. Terrance never did.

Murray's system relied on lucky bounces.. Cycle the puck around the wall and throw a thousand shots on the net from the blue line hoping for a redirection or rebound.

Sutter system: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. HIT everything in sight and backcheck your ass off.. Hunter's goal was possible because there were 3 guys who crashed the net hungry for the puck. With Terrance's system.. Hunter aka the F3 or whatever the **** that **** was called would have been in the neutral zone waiting for Chicago to skate back with the puck and hope they would turn it over.

None of that crap with Sutter behind the realm. you dont wait for the other team to mishandle the puck. You get on their ass and force them to turn it over and start the rush.

All you have to look at in the last couple games is how involved our dmen have been on the scoresheet.. how our captain is hitting everything in sight.. and how many damn good quality scoring chances weve had.

Its literally a night and day difference.

GO KINGS GO!

again!... 3rd forward crashing the net instead of idling around near the blue line.. and what happens? ANOTHER GOAL.

**** YOU TERRY MURRAY.

s3machine* is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
  #282
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
How many times does Kopitar go behind the Kings net and come out with the puck?

lumbergh is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
  #283
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
As it stands right now...Drew Doughty...6 points in his last 5 games.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
  #284
lak4ever
Registered User
 
lak4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Girl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,799
vCash: 500
Lol loving this right now!

lak4ever is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
  #285
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,268
vCash: 500
So who picks up the beer tab now that Stoll scored?

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #286
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,613
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow. Incredible shift by Loktionov.

__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #287
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Wild shift by Loktionov there!

lumbergh is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #288
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,753
vCash: 500
Damn Loktionov, first he shows hands, almost gives up a breakaway, comes back hard and prevents a breakaway. Good showing.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #289
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Nice recovery to stop the breakaway Lokti

Willard is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #290
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
nice to see Loki playing with some confidence

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
  #291
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 500
Great play by Loktionov
Terrible play by Loktionov
Great play by Loktionov

Josh Deitell is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
  #292
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,600
vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
As it stands right now...Drew Doughty...6 points in his last 5 games.
He looks like old Drew 90% of the time.

Kings are all over them.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
  #293
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
That was Lotkionov's best NHL shift....hands down.

sjmay* is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
  #294
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Great overall shift for Lokti...haven't seen that in a while...especially that skill move he used to open himself up

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
  #295
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,195
vCash: 500
I'm not sure Loktionov would have tried those moves if TM was still coach.

Murray would have wanted him to shoot that puck as soon as he got it.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
  #296
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Great play by Loktionov
Terrible play by Loktionov
Great play by Loktionov
So awesome.

FrozenKing18 is online now  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
  #297
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
This is the Kings team that is going to win some big games...


SO MUCH pressure. Such good puck pursuit. All 4 lines involved. Quick playing well. Pk working.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
  #298
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
I've never seen penner skate that fast as a king

good to see DD back to where he is at. I knew it, if DD does well, we do well.

DaAnimal is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
  #299
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
how is that not interference.?

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM
  #300
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quick in complete control right now.

lumbergh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.