Notices

Sergei Zubov

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Slitty

vCash: 500
Sergei Zubov

Well, once again Zubov has officialy declined to play at the Olympics citing some 1997 incident as grounds for his decision, but not caring to expand beyond that invloved a loved one.

As you know, Russia's defence is usualy a weakpoint. So I come to the experts (you) to find out what we are missing.

Is Zubov playing well?

Old
12-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
No doubt that Zubov is one of the main reason's we have been winning this season and well ever since he got here to Dallas.

He is playing very well for the Stars. Has 17 points (4 goals, 13 assist) and is a +6.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Zubov is definitely playing well. He leads the Stars in ice time, and the Stars are a good team.

Zubov has already given numerous reasons why he would never play for Russia again. I don't know about the whole "1997 incident" you're referring to, but he has repeatedly said he thinks the younger players should get a chance. Furthermore, he remarked he would feel strange playing for Russia when he is an American. I mean, let's think about it... how would YOU feel playing for one country when you are now the citizen of another? He has offered to play for the American team, but it's against the rules unfortunately.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
Zubov is definitely playing well. He leads the Stars in ice time, and the Stars are a good team.

Zubov has already given numerous reasons why he would never play for Russia again. I don't know about the whole "1997 incident" you're referring to, but he has repeatedly said he thinks the younger players should get a chance. Furthermore, he remarked he would feel strange playing for Russia when he is an American. I mean, let's think about it... how would YOU feel playing for one country when you are now the citizen of another? He has offered to play for the American team, but it's against the rules unfortunately.

Tough luck for Russia.

Although, in his recent interview he said that he would love and knows he should represent HIS country of Russia. Unfortunetly, he cites the 1997 incident as the reason why he wont and appologizes to his countrymen.

Nobody really knows what happened in 1997, some hockey banquet where Steblin is rumoured to have done something to/with Zubov's wife.

Closed Thread