HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #36 - St Louis Blues @ Detroit Redwings

Old
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Spektre

vCash: 500
Not a fan of Kelly either. The entire "Thank you Thank you Thank you" is pretty bad. Kelly seems like a good guy and it seems as though he knows the opposing players, unlike some broadcasters. When he's on TV he's always looked like a deer in headlights.

Count me as another who misses Ken Wilson on the call. That ship has sailed forever though.

Spektre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

I didn't know Jim Woodcock real well, but I went to a Illinois Football game with him back then.

But I asked, you're not going too re-sign Ken Wilson are you?

He said no.

I said Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman1707 View Post
Personally, I'd like to have Ken Wilson back. At least he had passion for the Blues
I apologize, but I simply must have mis-read your post. I cannot imagine anyone indicating Ken Wilson had passion for anything other than himself.
...And perhaps Hawaiian pizza.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
When he's on TV he's always looked like a deer in headlights.

Count me as another who misses Ken Wilson on the call. That ship has sailed forever though.
I often feel sorry for whoever is in the booth with him as John Kelly seems to be the most socially awkward person in the history of broadcasting. His intense stare when the other person is talking is just about the creepiest thing I can think of. A non-hockey following friend of mine, upon watching a Blues broadcast for the first time in the past several years of her life, asked me "Does he ever blink?" which sent the my fellow barmates in to gales of laughter.

I do miss Ken Wilson's better announcing, however his time was definitely up.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:34 PM
sh724

I enjoyed Ken Wilson's announcing abilities but he was definitely not passionate about the Blues he had no connection with the players or the team nor did he want to have a relationship with them. He showed up did the game and left and couldn't care less about the team as long as he was getting paid which is why he stopped getting paid

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
sh724

I posted picks of the Datsyuk hit on Jackman in the blues thread on the main board if any one cares for a look, they clearly show it was a head shot but I do not feel like posting them again so if someone wants to move them here then go for it

Old
12-29-2011, 01:41 AM
STLhockey91*

With all of the posters saying that I am wrong about Ken Wilson not having passion for the Blues, then you are all probably right. Because, when I listened to Wilson, I was pretty young, so I was unfamiliar with his circumstances with the Blues. Probably, what I was looking to say, was that he had so much passion in his voice (from what I remember) and didn't just "call" games like a robot.

STLhockey91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 02:16 AM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman1707 View Post
With all of the posters saying that I am wrong about Ken Wilson not having passion for the Blues, then you are all probably right. Because, when I listened to Wilson, I was pretty young, so I was unfamiliar with his circumstances with the Blues. Probably, what I was looking to say, was that he had so much passion in his voice (from what I remember) and didn't just "call" games like a robot.
Now that I can agree with, he had a lot of passion for talking