HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Thursday Dec. 29 | Maple Leafs @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 | LEAFS TV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
  #26
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
he has not been good?

he has been very good/ good 3 out of the last 4 games
He was pretty bad against the Isles, and was lucky the team scored enough to get the W (the Isles hardly generated any offensive chances), and just horrible against the Panthers and the first Sabres game. He played well against the Kings, and the last Sabres game. So I'd go with he was good 2 out of the last 5 games.

I'm almost hoping we lose tomorrow so the goalie who's playing better gets a chance for a change.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
  #27
Leafmon1
Registered User
 
Leafmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massena, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
he has not been good?

he has been very good/ good 3 out of the last 4 games
No, not really. Shaky against the Isles and well, you know against the Panthers, so really he hasn't been that great lately. Buffalo was the first game that I saw flashes of last years Reims actually... Wish I could start most of another team too with this streaky play. If they blow this one... kudos to Wilson! Maybe there is a promotion in the wings!

TFF ^ I guess we stopped reading at the same point-lol!

Leafmon1 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 06:42 PM
  #28
EndlessCycle
Registered User
 
EndlessCycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
I agree that Reimer's been letting in a lot of stinkers lately and I know that I was especially upset at the 3rd goal he let in yesterday. Still I think that would be more of a reason to keep starting Reimer. To let him have a chance to return to his form last year. Yes, playing with Leafs defense and the PK team has done irreparable damage to his confidence but not playing him for more games would do even more when he's supposedly number one. I don't know how others feels but imo even with Gustavsson (or Scrivens for that matter) the Leafs still have sad goaltending situation.

Playing Gustavsson is okay for the short term since he's playing fine now but how long will that last? Even if the Leafs make it to the playoffs this year but lose a heartbreaking series because of goaltending-- that feels just as bad as not making the playoffs.

I'm pretty satisfied that Reimer is starting. Reimer needs more chances to show why he's Leafs number one. Leafs will win on Thursday for sure.

EndlessCycle is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 07:33 PM
  #29
shaner89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 14,298
vCash: 500
Lose this and **** everyone

Tank leafs tank

shaner89 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
  #30
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,554
vCash: 500
Only 2 things stand between the Leafs and a win in this game. Cam Ward playing Godly, and themselves.

Suntouchable13 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
  #31
TrueBlue86
Registered User
 
TrueBlue86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
He was pretty bad against the Isles, and was lucky the team scored enough to get the W (the Isles hardly generated any offensive chances), and just horrible against the Panthers and the first Sabres game. He played well against the Kings, and the last Sabres game. So I'd go with he was good 2 out of the last 5 games.

I'm almost hoping we lose tomorrow so the goalie who's playing better gets a chance for a change.
he was ok vs the isles.. like a 909 sv % from what i remember
to me anything over 900 is OK

leafs are not exactly a defensively disciplined team, it's hard seeing a goalie thrive here

but anyway, my point is, if we were to go anywhere this year reimer will be the #1

TrueBlue86 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 07:59 PM
  #32
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
he was ok vs the isles.. like a 909 sv % from what i remember
to me anything over 900 is OK

leafs are not exactly a defensively disciplined team, it's hard seeing a goalie thrive here

but anyway, my point is, if we were to go anywhere this year reimer will be the #1
If we're going anywhere this year, we need to start playing the goalie who gives us a better chance to win the game on any given night. At the moment, that's not Reimer.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
  #33
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,741
vCash: 500
we want staal
we want staal

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
  #34
marquee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
The road trip continues Thursday against the Hurricanes with Ron Wilson announcing after practice that James Reimer will be back in net for the Blue and White. This season, Reimer has struggled away from Air Canada Centre posting a 1-3-0 record in six games. He has a 4.26 GAA with a .852 SV%.

With the Leafs in Winnipeg on Saturday, Wilson was asked if Reimer will play the final two games of the trip:

"He's going to play tomorrow and we will go from there," Wilson said. "It's about playing well and the Monster has played really well when he has gone in there. I'm just trying to get James his reps so he can catch up. He should be a big part of our success in the second half."

Source: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/blogp...id=DL|TOR|home
sigh....

marquee is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 10:44 PM
  #35
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
sigh....
Men(Wilson, Allaire, Burke) with many years of experience working in pro hockey think that Reimer is the best goalie we have. I still feel a lot more comfortable whenever James is in net than whenever Gus is in.


Last edited by Suntouchable13: 12-28-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Suntouchable13 is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
  #36
The Viper
Legolas
 
The Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
sigh....
well it's true

The Viper is online now  
Old
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
  #37
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,682
vCash: 500
I think Lombardi will be in.

The Leafs implemented that rule no interviewing injured players ever since Reimer got hurt or around there, and there's a Lambo interview on mapleleafs.com.

Same thing happened with Army, said he was close and played the next game in his interview.

Hope I'm right.

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 12:08 AM
  #38
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,026
vCash: 500
Gustavsson let in the worst goal of the 5 in the Florida game, and at the worst time.

If anything, Reimer has shown that he can make the big saves when needed most... Gus hasn't really shown too much of that to me... and this is coming from someone who backed him up the entire time people screamed for Scrivens during the time without Reimer.

Oh how the times have changed.

Sergei Berezin is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 01:15 AM
  #39
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Gustavsson let in the worst goal of the 5 in the Florida game, and at the worst time.

If anything, Reimer has shown that he can make the big saves when needed most... Gus hasn't really shown too much of that to me... and this is coming from someone who backed him up the entire time people screamed for Scrivens during the time without Reimer.

Oh how the times have changed.
Yes, and he also smashed his stick on the post last season. It's good to keep up with current events.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
  #40
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
The road trip continues Thursday against the Hurricanes with Ron Wilson announcing after practice that James Reimer will be back in net for the Blue and White. This season, Reimer has struggled away from Air Canada Centre posting a 1-3-0 record in six games. He has a 4.26 GAA with a .852 SV%.

With the Leafs in Winnipeg on Saturday, Wilson was asked if Reimer will play the final two games of the trip:

"He's going to play tomorrow and we will go from there," Wilson said. "It's about playing well and the Monster has played really well when he has gone in there. I'm just trying to get James his reps so he can catch up. He should be a big part of our success in the second half."

Source: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/blogp...id=DL|TOR|home
Thank god he knows what is doing ! WAIT THAT'S OFC A GIVEN!

Come on people remember last season when he was working his butt off and almost made us have a run for the playoffs, we need to get reimer going if we want that same run and solidify our spot for the playoffs.

He's been playing good, one bad game isn't going to be a re-occurrence for crying out loud. The more he plays the more he will be able to carry his load and come back to full form a concussion like syndrome, remember this guy was also away from conditioning for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Men(Wilson, Allaire, Burke) with many years of experience working in pro hockey think that Reimer is the best goalie we have. I still feel a lot more comfortable whenever James is in net than whenever Gus is in.
For me it has changed this year, I am actually okay with gustavsson's performance this year, so I dont mind it at all actually. But for the future overall I think its going to be reimer for sure.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 05:07 AM
  #41
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,764
vCash: 500
honestly, right now, its a 50/50 chance on either goalie having a good/bad game.

Both are very hot and cold this year. I could care less whose in net, just win the ****ing game! Zero consistency from our Goalies this year.


Losing is not an option tonight at all.

Raym11 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 05:14 AM
  #42
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
man those goals looked damn weak by the panthers...it's sorta of sad to see.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:06 AM
  #43
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Man i hope we come out with a win tonight, we need one big time.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:08 AM
  #44
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
man those goals looked damn weak by the panthers...it's sorta of sad to see.
Don't **** with cats cause they'll **** you right back.

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:10 AM
  #45
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Don't **** with cats cause they'll **** you right back.
meow...your a leafer, TELL YOUR cats to BACKOFF.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:18 AM
  #46
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
meow...your a leafer, TELL YOUR cats to BACKOFF.
I betrayed my own kind for you guys. They don't listen to me anymore...well, except for Zoe, but that's cause we **** when she's in heat.

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:21 AM
  #47
marquee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Thank god he knows what is doing ! WAIT THAT'S OFC A GIVEN!

Come on people remember last season when he was working his butt off and almost made us have a run for the playoffs, we need to get reimer going if we want that same run and solidify our spot for the playoffs.

He's been playing good, one bad game isn't going to be a re-occurrence for crying out loud. The more he plays the more he will be able to carry his load and come back to full form a concussion like syndrome, remember this guy was also away from conditioning for a while.



For me it has changed this year, I am actually okay with gustavsson's performance this year, so I dont mind it at all actually. But for the future overall I think its going to be reimer for sure.
A goalie at 27 is still relatively young...he still has maturing to do. IMO i dont see Reimer having the ceiling to be a number one on a contending squad. Hopefully somebody in the system develops into one or we trade/sign a available tender. I wasnt impressed with him last year and he's been less than impressive this one.

marquee is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
  #48
marquee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Gustavsson let in the worst goal of the 5 in the Florida game, and at the worst time.

If anything, Reimer has shown that he can make the big saves when needed most... Gus hasn't really shown too much of that to me... and this is coming from someone who backed him up the entire time people screamed for Scrivens during the time without Reimer.

Oh how the times have changed.
lol..Gus in that very game made some big stops to keep it close. He did let in that last questionable goal tho.

marquee is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
  #49
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
A goalie at 27 is still relatively young...he still has maturing to do. IMO i dont see Reimer having the ceiling to be a number one on a contending squad. Hopefully somebody in the system develops into one or we trade/sign a available tender. I wasnt impressed with him last year and he's been less than impressive this one.
I think reimer has the head to become that number one tbh. He's still recovering to get back into form. You have to realize a concussion like symptom isn't an easy thing to return from, it keeps you out of work and anything completely really. I do agree with you that a goalie 27 years old is young regarding development stage, he still has it in him to be better for sure. I think after this season we are gonna let rynnas go though as he doesn't look that great as we were expecting after his injury. I was still hoping to get Joacim Eriksson but I guess that didn't happen for us....maybe if we trade one of the tenders in the AHL it's possible.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
  #50
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
lol..Gus in that very game made some big stops to keep it close. He did let in that last questionable goal tho.
from the goals i saw last night, i dont think any of the goals were exactly good on the goalie at all.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.