HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Thursday Dec. 29 | Maple Leafs @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 | LEAFS TV

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
he has not been good?

he has been very good/ good 3 out of the last 4 games
He was pretty bad against the Isles, and was lucky the team scored enough to get the W (the Isles hardly generated any offensive chances), and just horrible against the Panthers and the first Sabres game. He played well against the Kings, and the last Sabres game. So I'd go with he was good 2 out of the last 5 games.

I'm almost hoping we lose tomorrow so the goalie who's playing better gets a chance for a change.

Old
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Leafmon1

Quote:
he has not been good?

he has been very good/ good 3 out of the last 4 games
No, not really. Shaky against the Isles and well, you know against the Panthers, so really he hasn't been that great lately. Buffalo was the first game that I saw flashes of last years Reims actually... Wish I could start most of another team too with this streaky play. If they blow this one... kudos to Wilson! Maybe there is a promotion in the wings!

TFF ^ I guess we stopped reading at the same point-lol!

Old
12-28-2011, 06:42 PM
EndlessCycle

I agree that Reimer's been letting in a lot of stinkers lately and I know that I was especially upset at the 3rd goal he let in yesterday. Still I think that would be more of a reason to keep starting Reimer. To let him have a chance to return to his form last year. Yes, playing with Leafs defense and the PK team has done irreparable damage to his confidence but not playing him for more games would do even more when he's supposedly number one. I don't know how others feels but imo even with Gustavsson (or Scrivens for that matter) the Leafs still have sad goaltending situation.

Playing Gustavsson is okay for the short term since he's playing fine now but how long will that last? Even if the Leafs make it to the playoffs this year but lose a heartbreaking series because of goaltending-- that feels just as bad as not making the playoffs.

I'm pretty satisfied that Reimer is starting. Reimer needs more chances to show why he's Leafs number one. Leafs will win on Thursday for sure.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:33 PM
shaner89

Lose this and **** everyone

Tank leafs tank

Old
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Suntouchable13

Only 2 things stand between the Leafs and a win in this game. Cam Ward playing Godly, and themselves.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
He was pretty bad against the Isles, and was lucky the team scored enough to get the W (the Isles hardly generated any offensive chances), and just horrible against the Panthers and the first Sabres game. He played well against the Kings, and the last Sabres game. So I'd go with he was good 2 out of the last 5 games.

I'm almost hoping we lose tomorrow so the goalie who's playing better gets a chance for a change.
he was ok vs the isles.. like a 909 sv % from what i remember
to me anything over 900 is OK

leafs are not exactly a defensively disciplined team, it's hard seeing a goalie thrive here

but anyway, my point is, if we were to go anywhere this year reimer will be the #1

Old
12-28-2011, 07:59 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
he was ok vs the isles.. like a 909 sv % from what i remember
to me anything over 900 is OK

leafs are not exactly a defensively disciplined team, it's hard seeing a goalie thrive here

but anyway, my point is, if we were to go anywhere this year reimer will be the #1
If we're going anywhere this year, we need to start playing the goalie who gives us a better chance to win the game on any given night. At the moment, that's not Reimer.

Old
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

we want staal
we want staal

Old
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
The road trip continues Thursday against the Hurricanes with Ron Wilson announcing after practice that James Reimer will be back in net for the Blue and White. This season, Reimer has struggled away from Air Canada Centre posting a 1-3-0 record in six games. He has a 4.26 GAA with a .852 SV%.

With the Leafs in Winnipeg on Saturday, Wilson was asked if Reimer will play the final two games of the trip:

"He's going to play tomorrow and we will go from there," Wilson said. "It's about playing well and the Monster has played really well when he has gone in there. I'm just trying to get James his reps so he can catch up. He should be a big part of our success in the second half."

Source: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/blogp...id=DL|TOR|home
sigh....

Old
12-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
sigh....
Men(Wilson, Allaire, Burke) with many years of experience working in pro hockey think that Reimer is the best goalie we have. I still feel a lot more comfortable whenever James is in net than whenever Gus is in.

Last edited by Suntouchable13: 12-28-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old
12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
sigh....
well it's true

Old
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

I think Lombardi will be in.

The Leafs implemented that rule no interviewing injured players ever since Reimer got hurt or around there, and there's a Lambo interview on mapleleafs.com.

Same thing happened with Army, said he was close and played the next game in his interview.

Hope I'm right.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Sergei Berezin

Gustavsson let in the worst goal of the 5 in the Florida game, and at the worst time.

If anything, Reimer has shown that he can make the big saves when needed most... Gus hasn't really shown too much of that to me... and this is coming from someone who backed him up the entire time people screamed for Scrivens during the time without Reimer.

Oh how the times have changed.

Old
12-29-2011, 01:15 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Gustavsson let in the worst goal of the 5 in the Florida game, and at the worst time.

If anything, Reimer has shown that he can make the big saves when needed most... Gus hasn't really shown too much of that to me... and this is coming from someone who backed him up the entire time people screamed for Scrivens during the time without Reimer.

Yes, and he also smashed his stick on the post last season. It's good to keep up with current events.

Old
12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
The road trip continues Thursday against the Hurricanes with Ron Wilson announcing after practice that James Reimer will be back in net for the Blue and White. This season, Reimer has struggled away from Air Canada Centre posting a 1-3-0 record in six games. He has a 4.26 GAA with a .852 SV%.

With the Leafs in Winnipeg on Saturday, Wilson was asked if Reimer will play the final two games of the trip:

"He's going to play tomorrow and we will go from there," Wilson said. "It's about playing well and the Monster has played really well when he has gone in there. I'm just trying to get James his reps so he can catch up. He should be a big part of our success in the second half."

Source: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/blogp...id=DL|TOR|home
Thank god he knows what is doing ! WAIT THAT'S OFC A GIVEN!

Come on people remember last season when he was working his butt off and almost made us have a run for the playoffs, we need to get reimer going if we want that same run and solidify our spot for the playoffs.

He's been playing good, one bad game isn't going to be a re-occurrence for crying out loud. The more he plays the more he will be able to carry his load and come back to full form a concussion like syndrome, remember this guy was also away from conditioning for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Men(Wilson, Allaire, Burke) with many years of experience working in pro hockey think that Reimer is the best goalie we have. I still feel a lot more comfortable whenever James is in net than whenever Gus is in.
For me it has changed this year, I am actually okay with gustavsson's performance this year, so I dont mind it at all actually. But for the future overall I think its going to be reimer for sure.

12-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

honestly, right now, its a 50/50 chance on either goalie having a good/bad game.

Both are very hot and cold this year. I could care less whose in net, just win the ****ing game! Zero consistency from our Goalies this year.

Losing is not an option tonight at all.

Old
12-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

man those goals looked damn weak by the panthers...it's sorta of sad to see.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Man i hope we come out with a win tonight, we need one big time.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:08 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
man those goals looked damn weak by the panthers...it's sorta of sad to see.
Don't **** with cats cause they'll **** you right back.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
Don't **** with cats cause they'll **** you right back.
meow...your a leafer, TELL YOUR cats to BACKOFF.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:18 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
meow...your a leafer, TELL YOUR cats to BACKOFF.
I betrayed my own kind for you guys. They don't listen to me anymore...well, except for Zoe, but that's cause we **** when she's in heat.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:21 AM
marquee

Quote:
Thank god he knows what is doing ! WAIT THAT'S OFC A GIVEN!

Come on people remember last season when he was working his butt off and almost made us have a run for the playoffs, we need to get reimer going if we want that same run and solidify our spot for the playoffs.

He's been playing good, one bad game isn't going to be a re-occurrence for crying out loud. The more he plays the more he will be able to carry his load and come back to full form a concussion like syndrome, remember this guy was also away from conditioning for a while.

For me it has changed this year, I am actually okay with gustavsson's performance this year, so I dont mind it at all actually. But for the future overall I think its going to be reimer for sure.
A goalie at 27 is still relatively young...he still has maturing to do. IMO i dont see Reimer having the ceiling to be a number one on a contending squad. Hopefully somebody in the system develops into one or we trade/sign a available tender. I wasnt impressed with him last year and he's been less than impressive this one.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post

lol..Gus in that very game made some big stops to keep it close. He did let in that last questionable goal tho.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
A goalie at 27 is still relatively young...he still has maturing to do. IMO i dont see Reimer having the ceiling to be a number one on a contending squad. Hopefully somebody in the system develops into one or we trade/sign a available tender. I wasnt impressed with him last year and he's been less than impressive this one.
I think reimer has the head to become that number one tbh. He's still recovering to get back into form. You have to realize a concussion like symptom isn't an easy thing to return from, it keeps you out of work and anything completely really. I do agree with you that a goalie 27 years old is young regarding development stage, he still has it in him to be better for sure. I think after this season we are gonna let rynnas go though as he doesn't look that great as we were expecting after his injury. I was still hoping to get Joacim Eriksson but I guess that didn't happen for us....maybe if we trade one of the tenders in the AHL it's possible.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
lol..Gus in that very game made some big stops to keep it close. He did let in that last questionable goal tho.
from the goals i saw last night, i dont think any of the goals were exactly good on the goalie at all.

Closed Thread