HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Roy

Old
12-29-2011, 12:22 AM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moilers View Post
Are there rumors he's available? I would imagine if Buffalo's in the hunt like 6th-10th they would be trading the best center on the team.
I'm just speculating on what they could get if they dealt roy, as far as i know there are no trade rumors around him. But IMO if they want to follow pegula's 3 year cup plan thing they'd be better off dealing roy and building around younger talent. Even though he's an asst. capt. on the team it doesn't seem like he's that much of a leader. Just my 2 cents there FWIW.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Along with at least a 3rd and a decent center or above average winger prospect please Kyle turris got rundblad and a 2nd, I'd say roy warrants a bit more than that
There are very VERY few similarities with the trades.

HOWEVER, I think looking at Fisher last year, you could expect something like that at least.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Along with at least a 3rd and a decent center or above average winger prospect please Kyle turris got rundblad and a 2nd, I'd say roy warrants a bit more than that
That first is 2nd overall lol, no thanks.

Is there any package of our prospects/picks/roster players outside the Big 3/Fowler that gets it done?

Id say that Sbisa, Palmieri, Etem, DSP, Holland, 2012 2nd (32nd overall), Lydman, Lubo, etc, Would all be on the board if it meant getting Roy without it being Roy+ for Ryan.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:40 AM
PanicItsVanek26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
There are very VERY few similarities with the trades.

HOWEVER, I think looking at Fisher last year, you could expect something like that at least.
Fisher has topped 50 points once in 11 seasons.

Roy scored 81,70 and 69 in three straight seasons, and 35 points in 35 games last season.

Mike Fisher has a higher salary then Roy. Don't compare the two.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
That first is 2nd overall lol, no thanks.

Is there any package of our prospects/picks/roster players outside the Big 3/Fowler that gets it done?

Id say that Sbisa, Palmieri, Etem, DSP, Holland, 2012 2nd (32nd overall), Lydman, Lubo, etc, Would all be on the board if it meant getting Roy without it being Roy+ for Ryan.
The bolded plus maybe another pick, say a 3rd or 4th? the sabres have a ****ton of defensmen already, if they were dealing roy to anaheim they'd want picks and forwards

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
Fisher has topped 50 points once in 11 seasons.

Roy scored 81,70 and 69 in three straight seasons, and 35 points in 35 games last season.

Mike Fisher has a higher salary then Roy. Don't compare the two.

What a fail at understanding what I was saying.

I was saying Fisher was more relevant then Turris. Fisher has been more productive in his career then Turris, is older than Turris (UFA), etc, etc. I'm saying that what Fisher is a better judgement then Turris. In turn, "at least" (ie more then 1st + 3rd Round Pick).

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Etem, Beleskey, Blake, and a 2nd?

I despise the idea of giving up Etem though. If team can pick it up where its around 10th, I'd much rather give that up then Etem.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
If Roy was not only signed for 2 years I would be all over this. But it just puts even more stress on the front office during that offseason.

Value wise? Prospect+ 32nd overall +salary dump

We really cannot trade a wing prospect for a center. It would have to be Holland.

Holland+2nd+Blake

I understand if you are not as interested in Holland as Etem but it has more to do with our lack of top end talent on the wings. Etem is really our only top 6 talent. Palmieri is more of a 25-25 guy IMO.

Holland is our top 6 center prospect and Etem is our top 6 winger talent.

Ryan/Someone-Getzlaf-Perry
Yakopov-Roy-Ryan/Someone

Not bad, but like I said, I can see if you are less pumped about Holland just because he doesnt have the hype Etem does.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:03 AM
burgess1978

So Buffalo, a team with only one scoring centre on the roster other than a rookie (Luke Adam) an under-performing UFA signing playing out of position (Leino) are looking to move that one guy? who has been pretty much their most consistent performer for the past few years?

Seriously - why? I am a big Derek Roy fan. The only way I see him being moved this year is if it is in a deal for a #1 centre. If Anaheim is the trade partner we should be looking at a deal for Getzlaf which starts with Roy. Buffalo are in "win-now" mode. Anaheim are in "oh damn we suck and we only have 18 months left of Getzlaf and Perry" mode. Seems like a good fit to me. Something along the lines of Roy + Ennis + Weber?

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:13 AM
HiddenInLight

All the Duck fans offering quantity for quality deals are amusing after reading the Ryan and getzlaf threads.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
So Buffalo, a team with only one scoring centre on the roster other than a rookie (Luke Adam) an under-performing UFA signing playing out of position (Leino) are looking to move that one guy? who has been pretty much their most consistent performer for the past few years?

Seriously - why?
This was exact same I was thinking. Who would be that crazy to build a team around Ville Leino?

There isn't any reason to trade Roy, unless you get at least another 1st line center back.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:42 AM
master4071

All of Ducks prospects are available without DSP and Etem, we can't lose these guys...

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'd give up a great deal. Pirri/Kruger, 1st round pick, Smith/Beach, and Bickell/Frolik.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
is the answer jesus

Peter Holland and Anaheim's 1st for Derek Roy and Buffalo's 1st. Moves Buffalo up in the 1st round and gives them a nice center prospect, Anaheim gets a pick in the 1st round and a good 2nd line center in Roy.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Cody Eakin
Jeff Schultz
Was 1st

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:58 AM
is the answer jesus

Peter Holland and Anaheim's 1st for Derek Roy and Buffalo's 1st. Moves Buffalo up in the 1st and gives them a good center prospect, while Anaheim gets a good 2nd line center and still has a 1st round pick. If a guy like Blake needs to be included as a dump that's also doable

Apologies for the double post my first post didn't go up immediately

Last edited by is the answer jesus: 12-29-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: double post
Old
12-29-2011, 08:59 AM
PADevil3034

What would Buffalo want from NJ for Roy?

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Sony Eriksson*

To Buffalo:
Fistric
Glennie
1st Rd pick

To Dallas:
Roy
5th Rd pick - Dallas loves 5th rounders

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:18 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Henrique or Zajac would have to be coming back I would think. I doubt you guys would get rid of Henrique though.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:22 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
To Buffalo:
Fistric
Glennie
1st Rd pick

To Dallas:
Roy
5th Rd pick - Dallas loves 5th rounders
If Buffalo thinks Glennie can play center I'd think long and hard about this. I know he's been playing RW, but do Stars fans think he can make the move to center?

Old
12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Difficult to put a package together from NJ.

Sabres are going to want a young center (either young NHLer showing top 6 ability, or very high end prospect).... along with atleast a 1st rounder and another prospect (forward)

Sabres have no interest in Defensemen pro or prospect or NHL wingers

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
IMO he's a solid 1b/2a/at worst 2b option if he's on a team that's stacked with centers. Generally good for 70-80 games and 60-70 pts. IMO, for this sabres team, he's not going to be a huge leader, has never really developed into being a clutch guy for us the way briere/drury were. The last 3 times he's been in the playoffs, he's played 23 games and has 10 pts total. But last year he had 35 pts through 35 games before he was injured. Could definitely be a good piece for a young team with cap space, and he's only making $4 mil for 2 more years. What would you give to get him?
I can't agree with you there. If Ales Hemsky is an injury concern so is Derek Roy. If you add up his past two seasons, you get just over 70 games. You need to go to 3 years ago before you get to a full season. Talented? Yes, A leader? NO. Injury issues? YES, and that's probably what's been holding him back this year because he's not up to his nearly PPG status and it definitely hurts his value. When healthy, he's normally Buffalo's best player, Vanek included.

Still, I wouldn't put it past a team hard up for a center to over pay for him, Burke, like he did for some other players. That's where you would get your best value. Outside of that. A decent roster player and a solid prospect or a solid pick, Burke gives you all 3.

I still think something around Vinny for Roy is a good deal. Owners with money and those with none.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:29 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I can't agree with you there. If Ales Hemsky is an injury concern so is Derek Roy. If you add up his past two seasons, you get just over 70 games. You need to go to 3 years ago before you get to a full season. Talented? Yes, A leader? NO. Injury issues? YES, and that's probably what's been holding him back this year because he's not up to his nearly PPG status and it definitely hurts his value. When healthy, he's normally Buffalo's best player, Vanek included.

Still, I wouldn't put it past a team hard up for a center to over pay for him, Burke, like he did for some other players. That's where you would get your best value. Outside of that. A decent roster player and a solid prospect or a solid pick, Burke gives you all 3.

I still think something around Vinny for Roy is a good deal. Owners with money and those with none.
Derek Roy isn't anywhere near the injury concern Hemsky is. He's played in 70 or more games in the 5 years leading up to last year.

No thanks to Vinny for Roy. Want nothing to do with that contract.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
All of Ducks prospects are available without DSP and Etem, we can't lose these guys...
So you want a guy who from 2007-08 through 2010-11 averaged a shade under a point/game (.93 ppg), plays all three phases, and plays the position with the highest market value, but you don't want to put any of the Big Three on the table, nor do you want to offer two of your top four prospects? That negotiation isn't going to last long.

Realistically--and ignoring the fact that Anaheim should be bolstering its forward pipeline, not weakening it--Buffalo would probably want a package around Holland + Etem/Palmieri + Bonino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I'd give up a great deal. Pirri/Kruger, 1st round pick, Smith/Beach, and Bickell/Frolik.
If the organization was considering moving Roy for futures, and I don't think that's even close to being the case right now, I'd absolutely consider a similar deal to that one. However, I think Regier would want something more along the lines of Kruger + McNeill/Pirri + Beach. I think he'd want at least two of those young centers for Roy because our organizational center depth is poor. :cry"

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:42 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Derek Roy isn't anywhere near the injury concern Hemsky is. He's played in 70 or more games in the 5 years leading up to last year.

No thanks to Vinny for Roy. Want nothing to do with that contract.
And Mike Green played 49 games last year and a full season the year prior. This year, he's screwed up.

Brad Boyes & Derek Roy
for
Vinney Lecavalier

Add picks on either side as necessary.

At least Buffalo has a leader and Tampa gets back a #2 center, another decent forward and financial relief. A 7m cap hit isn't the end of the world with a rising cap. A 10m dollar salary is an issue for a team that doesn't make any money and poor owners.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote