HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Campoli(Campoli thread)

Old
12-28-2011, 06:53 PM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Exactly.

People here are a bit ridiculous sometimes. Yes, Campoli has not been good. But he's a solid bottom pairing defenseman. The guy just missed two months. Not too many players can bounce back from injury like nothing happened - especially a bottom pairing type defenseman.

Yeah, how about no.

Don't make stuff up when you don't have sources.

The Blackhawks, aka the best team in the league, wanted him. They just didn't want him at $2.5M, which is understandable. Campoli, from what was said on radio shows and the such, kept looking to get what he was awarded in arbitration. When he couldn't get it, he settled for 750K less.

I'd wager more teams would have been interested as well if the Blackhawks were. I think that Montreal just probably made the best offer when he signed because of the whole Markov situation.
Must be awesome if not a single team would offer him the whopping 2.5m he was awarded in arbitration. I don't need sources, years of seeing him play is enough, he's not very good. Chicago didn't want him too bad, did they?

Sources for what? That he sucks or that he wasn't signed until Sept 24th?

Him and spacek will turn the habs around, I know , that and Weber will be a top 4 dman, lol. Campoli sucks, this isn't anything new.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://patrickcaisse.tvasports.ca/ge...eber-mecontent

So, apparently the Campoli trade rumor seems to be true..

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Must be awesome if not a single team would offer him the whopping 2.5m he was awarded in arbitration. I don't need sources, years of seeing him play is enough, he's not very good. Chicago didn't want him too bad, did they?

Him and spacek will turn the habs around, I know , that and Weber will be a top 4 dman, lol. Campoli sucks, this isn't anything new.
What? Do you even believe the stuff you post?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

If this is true, I would dump him for a 6th rounder like they said or package him with something else and try to get a earlier pick. It is obvious he isn't in our long term plans, and would open up a little cap space.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Really, that's the big argument? As if Gorges, Gill, Kaberle and Diaz haven't been brutal? You are singling out Campoli out of this group of misfits? Campoli will be fine, he's a solid defender who hasn't found his groove yet.
Gorges is our top defenceman. Gill is brutal but at least he's a big part of our PK. Kaberle has been a big part of our PP and Diaz is a young defenceman who can only get better.

Singling Campoli out? We are WINLESS when he plays. He was responsible for 3 out of 5 GWGs in the 5 games he played for us. In 1 of the 2 other games he was a MINUS 3.

Name ONE attribute to Campoli's game that IS NOT something currently on display on our blueline. Especially something that is worth it to OVERLOOK his atrocious abilities on defense.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Andy

Quote:

Wasn't this the same guy who said the habs signed Frolov?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:05 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Wasn't this the same guy who said the habs signed Frolov?
Yep. This guy has zero credibility.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:23 AM
habitue*

Campoli won,t be traded now. But he will when Markov is (finally) back, if....

Right now, it is good depth to have.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Subban76

Quote:

Get your facts right. Chicago wanted to keep him, but not for 2.5M. They loved him as a 3rd pairing guy and Chicago is looking for such a D right now and I would not be surprised that we ship him back there. Most Chicago fans loved him and would take him back.

He signed late because most teams had spent their budget or had a full roster after Chicago turned down the arbitration.

Stop making stuff up. Campoli was worth a 2nd last year and we probably can get a 3rd for him.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Lshap

I don't want to start a thread about this yet, but I heard there's something brewing with Columbus for Brassard. Cammalleri didn't skate today. One of these "Friend of a friend" reports. Unconfirmed, obviously...

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

So Campoli is the new Alex Picard I see...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Campoli scratch per Renaud Lavoie twitter

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
JackZap

st-denis was more effective

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I don't want to start a thread about this yet, but I heard there's something brewing with Columbus for Brassard. Cammalleri didn't skate today. One of these "Friend of a friend" reports. Unconfirmed, obviously...
I don't like Brassard. Soft and high cap hit, doesn't bring anything we desperately need. Would have to come very cheap. Maybe swap him and Gomez and take on a salary dump.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
st-denis was more effective
Because he was used in a lesser role and wasn't just coming back from injury.

All things being equal(take out slumps, salary, equal ice time) Campoli is a couple notches above St.Denis.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:47 AM
7th Player

If all we're getting back is a 6th rounder, I prefer keeping Campoli as an insurance policy.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:50 AM
SpezNc

Campoli can have some value at trade deadline. Maybe a 4t or 5th round draft pick or a borderline AHL player/NHL player

But I do think that Campoli can be useful for the habs down the road. He got experience and I expect him to play better in second half. But if the need don't make the playoff, trading him at the trade deadline is almost a no brainer. Of course, if a team wants him.

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Welcome to last week Lshap.

There has been plenty of rumors floating around involving us and the CBJ's.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

So basically Campoli could likely be traded and Gauthier will be lucky if he gets more than a 6th round pick in return? Pat's source is HF, isn't it?

Old
12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
If all we're getting back is a 6th rounder, I prefer keeping Campoli as an insurance policy.
agree 100%.

Unless you can get a 3rd or 4th, keep him, maybe send him to Hamilton for a week's conditionning.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:05 PM
habitue*

Cammy and Campoli for Umbarger and Dorsett ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price
I don't like Brassard. Soft and high cap hit, doesn't bring anything we desperately need. Would have to come very cheap. Maybe swap him and Gomez and take on a salary dump.
Agreed, though we'd need to give up something more substantial than Gomez. Brassard was a pretty high draft pick and is a forward with good size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaFranks View Post
Welcome to last week Lshap.

There has been plenty of rumors floating around involving us and the CBJ's.
Yeah, I remember the Christmas Eve thread on the subject! I dismissed it then, but a totally different source mentioned it today. Gotta' wonder...

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Habitant#1

I'd trade him as well, but I'd wait till the deadline. We'll get the most for him then. There's no advantage to trading him now unless we need he cp space for something else. Keep him in case we go through more injuries (wood knocked!).

As for deals with Columbus:
I'd love Carter, but they'd want something young and talented from us given what they paid for him, like Eller or something. Unless they're really high on Cammalleri, which I doubt since he's paid 7mil the next two years and they're still looking for a centre for Nash.
Umberger is about the same level as Kostitsyn in terms of production, but maybe a bit more consistent in terms of implication/physical play. His upcoming contract is brutal though. I'd only want him if we get to dump one of our bad conracts in the process.
Brassard is seen as having lots of potential because of his draft position (6th in 2006). But if you ask me that doesn't mean squat 5 years out of the draft (cf. Pouliot, Benoit). Plus he's more of what we already have: a soft inconsitent point producer. With two more years at 3.2? I pass unless we can dump a contract.
Vermette: Similar deal as brassard. More of the same.
Pahlsson would be nice to reunite with Moen as a shut down third/fourth line if we look like we're gonna make the playoffs at the deadline, but I wonder if he's really worth the salary difference with Nokelainen.

There's not much I like from Columbus. Unless they somehow decided to trade Nash or Carter or some of their prospects, I don't really see what they have that would help us improve the team in the long run.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Get your facts right. Chicago wanted to keep him, but not for 2.5M. They loved him as a 3rd pairing guy and Chicago is looking for such a D right now and I would not be surprised that we ship him back there. Most Chicago fans loved him and would take him back.

He signed late because most teams had spent their budget or had a full roster after Chicago turned down the arbitration.

Stop making stuff up. Campoli was worth a 2nd last year and we probably can get a 3rd for him.

I didn't make a single thing up, you're the one speculating, not me. He sucks and was signed on the 24th of Sept, spin how you wish. He is a borderline NHLer.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I didn't make a single thing up, you're the one speculating, not me. He sucks and was signed on the 24th of Sept, spin how you wish. He is a borderline NHLer.
If he is a borderline NHLer what did Chicago trade a 2nd rounder for him? ...and why was he awarded 2.5 mil in salary arbitration?

We traded Brock Trotter and a 7th for a "borderline NHLer" in Nokelainen plus got Stafford for the AHL.