HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Source for Leftover Easton S17 Gloves?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
  #1
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Source for Leftover Easton S17 Gloves?

I know this is a long shot, but wondering if anyone knows of a store that might have any leftover Easton S17 gloves for sale. Love this glove and my local shop just sold their last pair of 14's. I can't find any in stock anywhere on the web. Hoping someone might know of a local shop that has some.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:28 PM
  #2
kr580
Registered User
 
kr580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kr580
Found this site with Black 14" in stock. Can't speak on whether or not the store is reputable or not though.

http://www.gunzos.com/EASTON-STEALTH...-SR-p2981.html

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:56 PM
  #3
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Well, ordered them from 3 different sites that said they had them and then turned out they didn't. After all my searching, I've found one place that has leftovers...and they're in Canada.....and they won't ship to the States......

Why did Easton stop making these gloves?!!! They are way better than the S19s.

Any of you Canucks want to make a nice little $50 commission buying me these gloves and shipping them to me in the States?

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:08 PM
  #4
rwr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
im canadian, send me a pm and we can discuss this..

rwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:22 PM
  #5
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
PMd you.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:20 PM
  #6
BoneShow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
Found this site with Black 14" in stock. Can't speak on whether or not the store is reputable or not though.

http://www.gunzos.com/EASTON-STEALTH...-SR-p2981.html
Gunzos is a legit store based in Chicago, I have family there and they have shopped there before and I have been there too while visiting. You should be safe ordering them there if need be

BoneShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:08 AM
  #7
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
I'm gonna give them a call, but the glove in that picture is the older model. Hopefully they have the latest model in stock. I'm discovering that most smaller hockey stores don't update their website inventory data.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
  #8
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
The 2008 and 2009 models are pretty much different gloves except for name and type of fit. I had the 2008 one and the palms are horrid, good luck with the 2009 one Stickmata, they're much better.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:56 PM
  #9
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Well, ordered them from 3 different sites that said they had them and then turned out they didn't. After all my searching, I've found one place that has leftovers...and they're in Canada.....and they won't ship to the States......

Why did Easton stop making these gloves?!!! They are way better than the S19s.

Any of you Canucks want to make a nice little $50 commission buying me these gloves and shipping them to me in the States?
Post website please.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 08:16 PM
  #10
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Post website please.
http://www.sportchek.ca/product/inde...ductId=3798726

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM
  #11
hockey player
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
PMd you Stickmata.

hockey player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
  #12
r3cc0s
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Sportschek has the S19s on sale, but the actual leather and stretch palm of the S17 was a better feel, but almost the same glove.

I just don't prefer those anatomical gloves, but the S19 is a bargin @ 69

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 05:51 PM
  #13
hockey player
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cc0s View Post
Sportschek has the S19s on sale, but the actual leather and stretch palm of the S17 was a better feel, but almost the same glove.

I just don't prefer those anatomical gloves, but the S19 is a bargin @ 69
I actually picked up a pair of the S19s on that sale, but I agree, the S17 has a better palm, and is also a better glove (in my opinion) I only 'upgraded' to the S19 because they actually had them in 13", where when I grabbed the S17s all that was left was 14".

hockey player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:53 PM
  #14
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cc0s View Post
Sportschek has the S19s on sale, but the actual leather and stretch palm of the S17 was a better feel, but almost the same glove.

I just don't prefer those anatomical gloves, but the S19 is a bargin @ 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez24 View Post
I actually picked up a pair of the S19s on that sale, but I agree, the S17 has a better palm, and is also a better glove (in my opinion) I only 'upgraded' to the S19 because they actually had them in 13", where when I grabbed the S17s all that was left was 14".
Have either of you guys even own a pair of S17 gloves? They feel lightyears better than the S19 palm, I'll give you that. But from a personal user of them, the Atacama Pittards (grey leather material) on the fingers of the S17s crust up. They feel great in store though, that's why I bought the 2008 model. Should probably take the S19 palm over the S17 imo

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:57 PM
  #15
hockey player
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Have either of you guys even own a pair of S17 gloves? They feel lightyears better than the S19 palm, I'll give you that. But from a personal user of them, the Atacama Pittards (grey leather material) on the fingers of the S17s crust up. They feel great in store though, that's why I bought the 2008 model. Should probably take the S19 palm over the S17 imo
I own both, but as I said, in my opinion, the s17 is a better constructed glove for comfort and longevity. The leather material on the fingers as far as I can tell is the same, so if there is a crusting problem it would be prevalent with either the 17 or 19.

A local hockey team here uses S17s (2009) and have yet to have a problem with them now going into their 3rd season of use. By that I mean no palm issues, crusting issues, repalming etc.

hockey player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:26 PM
  #16
r3cc0s
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez24 View Post
I own both, but as I said, in my opinion, the s17 is a better constructed glove for comfort and longevity. The leather material on the fingers as far as I can tell is the same, so if there is a crusting problem it would be prevalent with either the 17 or 19.

A local hockey team here uses S17s (2009) and have yet to have a problem with them now going into their 3rd season of use. By that I mean no palm issues, crusting issues, repalming etc.
I don't think the S19 uses leather, I think its a nash or clarino in the fingers

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
  #17
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Have either of you guys even own a pair of S17 gloves? They feel lightyears better than the S19 palm, I'll give you that. But from a personal user of them, the Atacama Pittards (grey leather material) on the fingers of the S17s crust up. They feel great in store though, that's why I bought the 2008 model. Should probably take the S19 palm over the S17 imo
I've been using the last S17 model for a little over a year and they are the best glove I've ever worn, both in design and feel for the stick. That said, I think I know why they don't make them anymore. If you compare them to the S19, the fingers in the S17 allow better movement due to more room in the finger boxes. The downside is that they expose the tips of your fingers more than other gloves. I've gotten caught on the ends of the fingers a few times wearing my S17s vs other gloves. But the feel you get with them is just so much better and I haven't had any problems with crusting. I did have that problem with my S11's, which also wore out ridiculously fast.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:00 PM
  #18
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 4,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
I've been using the last S17 model for a little over a year and they are the best glove I've ever worn, both in design and feel for the stick. That said, I think I know why they don't make them anymore. If you compare them to the S19, the fingers in the S17 allow better movement due to more room in the finger boxes. The downside is that they expose the tips of your fingers more than other gloves. I've gotten caught on the ends of the fingers a few times wearing my S17s vs other gloves. But the feel you get with them is just so much better and I haven't had any problems with crusting. I did have that problem with my S11's, which also wore out ridiculously fast.
haha totally agree with you on the comparisons. If the RS is anything like the S17, they're my next glove. That being said, I'm also considering getting mine repalmed.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.