HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec. 30 update: Erik Gustafsson (mid Nov. wrist surgery) will play in AHL tonight

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
  #76
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Zherdev was never sent down, and was never on re-entry
Got a link or anything? Not saying you're wrong, I just remember him going through waivers multiple times.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
  #77
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,523
vCash: 500
They waived Zherdev in the same way they waived Matt Walker earlier this year. He cleared waivers, stayed with the team a few weeks, then was re-activated. That marked the beginning of his second half resurgence.

http://www.csnphilly.com/02/24/11/So...021&feedID=704

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
  #78
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
They waived Zherdev in the same way they waived Matt Walker earlier this year. He cleared waivers, stayed with the team a few weeks, then was re-activated. That marked the beginning of his second half resurgence.

http://www.csnphilly.com/02/24/11/So...021&feedID=704
Fair enough.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
  #79
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Got a link or anything? Not saying you're wrong, I just remember him going through waivers multiple times.
Everything from a 10 minute search found that he was in deed on waivers but was never actually sent down

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
  #80
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
If Walker does get Jones'd, he'd cost us about 850k in dead cap for the rest of this year and the next. That would be a pain in the ass since we're already tight against the cap.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:33 PM
  #81
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
I don't recall him being on it last year.. And he will probably get picked up by a team like columbus whose Defense is a joke
I think Walker was called up right before playoffs last year, together with Leighton. I could be wrong though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM
  #82
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I think Walker was called up right before playoffs last year, together with Leighton. I could be wrong though.
Leighton definitely was (I remember the panic). I think Walker was too but I don't really remember. I also thought Zherdev was so I could easily be wrong.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
  #83
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,237
vCash: 500
Seems last year Walker was on re-entry waivers on april 13th..

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:03 PM
  #84
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Seems last year Walker was on re-entry waivers on april 13th..
Not that that means anything now, but I still think he can clear. He also has been bitten by the injury bug recently so teams might stray away from him. Guess we'll find out. Maybe they'll recall a non-waivers eligible player. Is Kessel playing well (and is he waiver eligible)?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
  #85
orangey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Kessel doesn't have to go through reentry waivers nor does Lauridsen. They do need to make some space first though.

orangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:15 PM
  #86
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,237
vCash: 500
Would kevin Marshall have to pass through waivers?

And, once the flyers add Gustafsson to IR, we will have a roster spot ready... and we have the cap space ready as well because of LTIR money.

Though going by HF summaries, id like one of Marshall or Lauridisen as both are stay at home defenseman which i tend to like more than offensive defenseman

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
  #87
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Would kevin Marshall have to pass through waivers?

And, once the flyers add Gustafsson to IR, we will have a roster spot ready... and we have the cap space ready as well because of LTIR money.

Though going by HF summaries, id like one of Marshall or Lauridisen as both are stay at home defenseman which i tend to like more than offensive defenseman
No but honestly Marshall is on the same level as Kessel and Lauridsen. He has slightly better defense then Kessel but cant move the puck for ****. I would actually like to see Lauridsen get recalled.


On the topic of the Phantoms would really like to see Akeson get a chance sometime soon. He has been very good in the AHL, probably the best player the last few games.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
  #88
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
No but honestly Marshall is on the same level as Kessel and Lauridsen. He has slightly better defense then Kessel but cant move the puck for ****. I would actually like to see Lauridsen get recalled.


On the topic of the Phantoms would really like to see Akeson get a chance sometime soon. He has been very good in the AHL, probably the best player the last few games.
I would love Lauridsen to get called up. I was so psyched when they drafted him because he is enormous. I know he probably still has a couple years before he is a regular but his size alone puts him in a good position to make the jump. Hopefully he can develop some skillz along the way. Yeah that's right. A z.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
  #89
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not that that means anything now, but I still think he can clear. He also has been bitten by the injury bug recently so teams might stray away from him. Guess we'll find out. Maybe they'll recall a non-waivers eligible player. Is Kessel playing well (and is he waiver eligible)?
I don't think Walker would clear now, though.

He cleared last during the playoffs because no one would claim him and be on the hook for this year's salary.

Unless someone wants him in a trade, in can't see the Flyers risking the recall waivers.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
  #90
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would love Lauridsen to get called up. I was so psyched when they drafted him because he is enormous. I know he probably still has a couple years before he is a regular but his size alone puts him in a good position to make the jump. Hopefully he can develop some skillz along the way. Yeah that's right. A z.
Don't know how Lauridsen has been playing in the A, but he looked really good live in London during the preseason. He was partnered with Coburn in a Twin Towers pairing and when they were at the far end, you couldn't really tell them apart. He moves well for a big man, and he seems determined to be physical. If he has a head for the game, he might be a player for us eventually.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
  #91
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If Walker does get Jones'd, he'd cost us about 850k in dead cap for the rest of this year and the next. That would be a pain in the ass since we're already tight against the cap.
I thought that the Flyers would only be on the hook for the one year of his salary and that the next season, the team that picked him up on waivers would be responsible for the full salary.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
  #92
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I thought that the Flyers would only be on the hook for the one year of his salary and that the next season, the team that picked him up on waivers would be responsible for the full salary.
I think it's the duration of the contract. I believe Dallas still has Avery on their books.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
  #93
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I thought that the Flyers would only be on the hook for the one year of his salary and that the next season, the team that picked him up on waivers would be responsible for the full salary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think it's the duration of the contract. I believe Dallas still has Avery on their books.
Yep, remains on our books until the contract is finished..
And avery is still on Dallas' books.. Thats why they had to trade for somebody after avery was sent to the minors. They were under the salary floor

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
  #94
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Would kevin Marshall have to pass through waivers?

And, once the flyers add Gustafsson to IR, we will have a roster spot ready... and we have the cap space ready as well because of LTIR money.

Though going by HF summaries, id like one of Marshall or Lauridisen as both are stay at home defenseman which i tend to like more than offensive defenseman
Well Schenn will be off the IR soon so he will likely take up that roster spot unless he goes down for conditioning

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
  #95
bryzgalovsky*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Link: Dec. 27 Philadelphia Daily News article
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Seravalli
Defensively, Andreas Lilja returned to the lineup after nearly a month layoff with a high ankle sprain and turned in one of his best performances of the season in Dallas last Wednesday. Erik Gustafsson appears healthy enough to return at any time.
I hope they start using him soon.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
  #96
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
Link: Dec. 27 Philadelphia Daily News article


I hope they start using him soon.
IMO he doesnt deserve to play over Bourdon...he's been solid. Maybe Lilja

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
  #97
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
IMO he doesnt deserve to play over Bourdon...he's been solid. Maybe Lilja
then hope for Lilja to suck then

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  #98
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Thank the LORD. If I have to see Lilja stumble around with his cinder block hands dragging behind him for another game I'll swallow massive amounts of booze and pharmaceuticals.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:03 PM
  #99
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
#Flyers D-man Erik Gustafsson has been loaned to ADR of AHL. Rehab stint means he's getting closer to return from mid-NOV wrist surgery.
-David_Strehle

Supposedly he might play during the winter classic. Seems like their keeping him up and not sending him back down the the AHL (hence the loan and not the sending down)

Good to see. I thought he was on the verge of claiming a spot on the defense.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
  #100
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
-David_Strehle

Supposedly he might play during the winter classic. Seems like their keeping him up and not sending him back down the the AHL (hence the loan and not the sending down)

Good to see. I thought he was on the verge of claiming a spot on the defense.
every time a player is sent down for a conditioning stint he's "loaned"...like Lilja

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.