HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks like Sykora will be moved as early as today...

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 04:44 PM
BigE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Just do Hossa and Ville for Sykora and a pick and get it over with...
That doesn't hurt us in my opinion. I'd take that.

Under no circumstance would I forfeit Hollweg though. Neimo's experience could be a plus in the playoffs however, although it's not like Sykora doesn't have any.

Sykora would ease the pressure on the first unit, and he might even be able to play the point on our 2nd PP unit.

This isn't a deal that is necessary, but as always if the price is right (not just what you're giving up in production, but what's leaving the team in terms of dressing room chemistry - and what's entering the room also) do it.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Several configurations are running around but the most popular is the Hossa and Nieminen for Sykora swap. Rumour has it that the holdup was the Ducks wanting Hollweg
Nieminen and Hossa would be fine, IMO. Swapping in Hollweg would border on the criminal.

Burke should be made to understand by Sather that the Rangers are rebuilding. Would they like to add Sykora? Sure, but only on their terms. If the Ducks don't like the proposed offer, fine. Other buyers are out there.

Old
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Nieminen and Hossa would be fine, IMO. Swapping in Hollweg would border on the criminal.
Agreed. I would guess that if both Neimo and Hossa are scratched at the same time, that would mean that a trade could be imminent.

Old
12-13-2005, 06:07 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Well Sykora did wear #17 with the Devils, so who knows. Until he is wearing a Rangers uni though, he isn't a Ranger.

Last edited by BeckeramosIsHere: 12-13-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old
12-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Fletch

It would make sense...

for the Rangers to move someone tonight or tomorrow, given the break. The players scratched are Niemo, Hossa and 'Drats. Not sure if that means anything, but I wouldn't doubt that Anaheim would take a young defenseman making little money.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for the Rangers to move someone tonight or tomorrow, given the break. The players scratched are Niemo, Hossa and 'Drats. Not sure if that means anything, but I wouldn't doubt that Anaheim would take a young defenseman making little money.

Sykora at the right price, isn't a bad player to take a chance on in the new NHL.

Now I wouldn't give up too much for him, but if it's a deal built around Niemo and Hossa I can live with that.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Quote:
Nieminen played tonight.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckeramosIsHere
Nieminen played tonight.
He did? I didn't notice him out there.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Always a good sign....

Old
12-13-2005, 09:02 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
He was out there. Couldn't have been more than about 7-8 minutes, but he was out there.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont know guys I like Nieminen. Seems to have a good influence in the locker room and seems to be funny guy from the interview he did with Kaspar. He works hard.

Hossa, 6th round pick for Sykora

Old
12-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Well we rode Jagr for 20 games, then Prucha for another 10...what happens if Prucha stops producing? Goals for people whos initials are not PP are getting to be a rare occurrence. Get Sykora, and hope he can bring some much needed offense with him! Perfect time to do it as has been stated, during this long layoff.

Old
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
dedalus

Quote:
The players scratched are Niemo, Hossa and 'Drats. Not sure if that means anything, but I wouldn't doubt that Anaheim would take a young defenseman making little money.
I don't like the idea of moving Kondratiev at all; if one of the AHLers is ready to step up and take his place, perhaps, but he's been stable. There's no reason to think he couldn't be part of the team's defense corps for the next eight years, and losing that piece for a currently struggling 29-year-old is "iffy." (Unless there really is a replacement for Drats available.)

Old
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I don't like the idea of moving Kondratiev at all; if one of the AHLers is ready to step up and take his place, perhaps, but he's been stable. There's no reason to think he couldn't be part of the team's defense corps for the next eight years, and losing that piece for a currently struggling 29-year-old is "iffy." (Unless there really is a replacement for Drats available.)
From what I hear they're not only looking for equal value in any potential return, but also up front, i.e., a forward or two.

They've got a good stock of defensive, young ones, and I'm not sure that they have a place for Drats

Closed Thread