HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #38: Kings @ Jets, 12/29/11, Post Game OT LOSS thoughts & tidbits

Old
12-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Lucic and Marchand.

That makes me cry a little inside.
That draft setup Boston's future for the next few years. The last time the Kings hit homeruns in a draft like that was the 1980 draft.
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1980/picksla.htm

They ended up with Larry Murphy, Jim Fox, Steve Bozek, and Bernie Nicholls.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
And I'm guessing he'll go the way of Azevedo, Kozun and Vey once he hits Manchester.

Not that I've given up on them, it's just that their point totals don't exactly match expectations after lighting it up in the CHL.
I feel like it may not be in the team's best interest to send him there straight away for exactly that reason. Has to be roster space available though.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
And I'm guessing he'll go the way of Azevedo, Kozun and Vey once he hits Manchester.

Not that I've given up on them, it's just that their point totals don't exactly match expectations after lighting it up in the CHL.
gotta love our 5'8" superstars

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The most confounding thing about this organization is that we haven't had a single forward come up from Manchester worth a **** in 5 years. Loktionov was supposed to be scoring help and he's been abysmal to be honest. We have an organizational philosophy based on building from within without anything coming from within. I don't get it.
Purcell Moulson Boyle Voynov. It's just too bad that management never recognized that it was never the players that were not getting the job done. It was the management and coaching that never allowed these prospects to develop and show their true potential.
Trevor Lewis is strictly a poor management issue.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Purcell Moulson Boyle Voynov. It's just too bad that management never recognized that it was never the players that were not getting the job done. It was the management and coaching that never allowed these prospects to develop and show their true potential.
Trevor Lewis is strictly a poor management issue.
Purcell and Boyle are back to being awful.

Slava is playing heavy and important minutes now. Lewis is nothing more than a 4th liner. It's managements fault for drafting the guy. Chris Stewart and freakin Cluade went after Lewis.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Someone just say it. This is facking SICKENING

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:50 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Well it was an entertaining game at least, even if it was 0-0 going into OT. Happy Bernier played well. Hopefully this will boost his confidence and he'll see some more games.

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
who the hell was penner passing that to? he was ten feet in the zone and slapped it in right past Richards like he was at the red line. Better yet, why was he out there to begin with?
Penner doesn't pass to anyone, he just passes away. If you don't have the puck, you don't have to skate that hard and nobody is going to hit you.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Purcell Moulson Boyle Voynov. It's just too bad that management never recognized that it was never the players that were not getting the job done.
Oh yeah, if Boyle doesn't make the AS game this season I will be very disappointed.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:56 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
Well it was an entertaining game at least, even if it was 0-0 going into OT. Happy Bernier played well. Hopefully this will boost his confidence and he'll see some more games.
Im pretty much past being able to be entertained by the Kings keeping it tight when they aren't scoring. Once in a whole, sure, but it's basically been 6 weeks of this dry spell that became an epidemic about 3 weeks ago. Its a huge concern, and the longer we go without Kompon being fired, the more egregious of a mistake it's becoming that Dean didn't show him the door along with Murray.

I AM throwing a bone to Sutter though. Due to this ****-ass schedule they've had no practice time at all to work on anything (1 day over a 5 game stretch). They need a couple days of practice.

Because of this offensive drought, Dean doesnt have the luxury of waiting until deadline day to make a trade for wingers, but impact wingers aren't going to be cheap.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Im pretty much past being able to be entertained by the Kings keeping it tight when they aren't scoring. It's basically been 6 weeks of this dry spell that became an epidemic about 3 weeks ago. Its a huge concern, and the longer we go without Kompon being fired, the more egregious of a mistake it's becoming that Dean didn't show him the door along with Murray.

Dean doesnt have the luxury of waiting until deadline day to make a trade for wingers.
It gets worse, No GM is going to do the Kings any favors. They will know Dean is desperate for scoring. The asking price of wingers for the Kings will be super High. Carolina is the only team I could see, that would like a Hockey trade. Carolina needs Mobile D men badly, with upside to boot.

They have some skilled wingers with speed.

Ruutu/Larose/Bowman/Jokinen all come to mind.

Jersey is not trading Zach unless it's a package Lou can't pass up (Jack + Johnny B+ pick). In my mind that's too much to give up for a guy that might not want to play on the West Coast.

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-29-2011 at 11:06 PM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Im pretty much past being able to be entertained by the Kings keeping it tight when they aren't scoring. Once in a whole, sure, but it's basically been 6 weeks of this dry spell that became an epidemic about 3 weeks ago. Its a huge concern, and the longer we go without Kompon being fired, the more egregious of a mistake it's becoming that Dean didn't show him the door along with Murray.

Because of this offensive drought, Dean doesnt have the luxury of waiting until deadline day to make a trade for wingers, but impact wingers aren't going to be cheap.
And I doubt those impact wingers are for sale.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Carolina needs Mobile D men badly, with upside to boot.
Hickey!! Number 4 pick, baby, and for the right price, we are ready to trade this franchise defenseman!

Old
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
And I doubt those impact wingers are for sale.
They are if a trade involves Bernier, Voynov or Johnson, but that's how steep the price will be. All the assets the Kings have that they can trade are all defenseman or goalies.

Really shows how much poor drafting can bite a team later on. Al Murray continuing to pay dividends today. They wouldn't need to make a trade at all if there was even marginally better drafting at forward. Early 2000's crapola is killing the Kings now.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What I would do for the Kings to acquire Brett Connolly from Tampa Bay. They can have Bernier and a defenseman of their choice not named Doughty.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Shellz

Quote:
They are if a trade involves Bernier, Voynov or Johnson, but that's how steep the price will be. All the assets the Kings have that they can trade are all defenseman or goalies.

Really shows how much poor drafting can bite a team later on. Al Murray continuing to pay dividends today. They wouldn't need to make a trade at all if there was even marginally better drafting at forward. Early 2000's crapola is killing the Kings now.
I don't even know if that will be enough. What team would trade their impact winger for those players?

Old
12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What I would do for the Kings to acquire Brett Connolly from Tampa Bay. They can have Bernier and a defenseman of their choice not named Doughty.
You want to start the rebuild again?

Old
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
I don't even know if that will be enough. What team would trade their impact winger for those players?
Kings could trade Quick.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What happens when he doesn't live up to expectations? I don't mind trading those players, but it should be to get someone who has had an impact in the NHL.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings could trade Quick.
Don't even joke like that.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Los Angeles Kings post-game audio

Coach Sutter and Jack Johnson spoke with the media following the loss.

To listen, click here.

For those so inclined, here is the Jets audio as well.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Let's define impact. At this point a 20 goal scorer would be a huge impact. One could certainly be had for any one of those 3 in a swap. If you're talking 30+ then sure.. those just aren't going to be available.

Old
Hatter
All about the Bob

there really just isn't any excuse.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Let's see what Sutter can do with a few practices coming up at home.

It's only been 5 games and they have a point in all of them. 0.800 points percentage isn't bad.

Los Angeles Kings Title Chances
Lost to Winnipeg 0-1 (ot), playoff odds up 1.8 to 39.3%
42 points * 18 14-6

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Let's define impact. At this point a 20 goal scorer would be a huge impact. One could certainly be had for any one of those 3 in a swap. If you're talking 30+ then sure.. those just aren't going to be available.
Well, we have different expectations on impact then, haha.

I'm thinking of someone who can get to 30 goals. But like you said, they just aren't for sale.