HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 NBA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 01:18 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
That was last years Knicks.

Bad defensively, inconsistent offensively.

Hope it doesn't become a trend.

Old
12-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 177
I'm so mad I wasted my time watching the game. God awful 4th quarter.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Davis can't get healthy fast enough.

This is what you're going to see from the offense until they get a PG.

Douglas is awful and Bibby is done.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
It's going to take some time for these guys to come together. We've had incredible turnover the past two years, and almost no time to prepare for this season.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:50 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's going to take some time for these guys to come together. We've had incredible turnover the past two years, and almost no time to prepare for this season.
It was baaaad though. That's what happens when everything, including Melo and Stat iso-ball doesn't work.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

I knew we would just offset the C problem with a PG problem once we signed Chandler.

If Baron isn't healthy or doesn't play at his capabilities, this team is screwed, because no PG in D'Antoni's system=Disaster.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
I knew we would just offset the C problem with a PG problem once we signed Chandler.

If Baron isn't healthy or doesn't play at his capabilities, this team is screwed, because no PG in D'Antoni's system=Disaster.
Never should've let Ray Felton go. He fit the system well.

In hindsight, that was a really bad part of the trade.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

I agree.

I didn't like Felton at all, but he was the best option out there. Billups is more suited for a half court offense and didn't fit that well. If Davis doesn't work out this team needs to work out a trade for Nash, if possible by the deadline. (I think he's coming here next summer anyways for the MLE).

Old
12-29-2011, 12:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I agree.

I didn't like Felton at all, but he was the best option out there. Billups is more suited for a half court offense and didn't fit that well. If Davis doesn't work out this team needs to work out a trade for Nash, if possible by the deadline. (I think he's coming here next summer anyways for the MLE).
Without looking at stats i'd say he was pretty average here, but he averaged 17 points and NINE assists. And that's with just stat.

I don't know if he'd fit well with the game Melo plays, but by the stats he was much better than I would initially think.

Chauncey wasn't bad, at 17 points and almost 6 APG, but that's with Melo and Stat. And now he's gone.

Really could use Ray Felton right now.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:45 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Without looking at stats i'd say he was pretty average here, but he averaged 17 points and NINE assists. And that's with just stat.

I don't know if he'd fit well with the game Melo plays, but by the stats he was much better than I would initially think.

Chauncey wasn't bad, at 17 points and almost 6 APG, but that's with Melo and Stat. And now he's gone.

Really could use Ray Felton right now.
I don't like using stats with PGs.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the eye test and seeing how a PG runs the offense. Felton was more of a chucker and not a "pure PG" which I love. I just hate the scoring PGs and love guys like Nash, Kidd, CP3, Deron, etc. Stats really don't tell much with PGs. John Wall averaged 16/8 last season and Chris Paul averaged 16/9. I think we know who was the better PG.

The good thing with Felton i'll admit, was that he did have pretty good chemistry with Amare.

Old
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

What system? Giving the ball to one of two guys in a half court set and standing around watching that player try to beat guys one on one is not a system, just like it isn't D'Antoni's fault when the same players (among others) simply don't play defense.

Old
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I wasn't the biggest Felton fan.

I would take him now.

He looks like freaking Chris Paul compared to what we have now.

Old
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Monkeyman33

Quote:

+1

i feel that felton really excelled in d'antonis run and gun system and billups due to his age, couldn't really keep up with such high intensity offense and that really killed the Knicks. I'm not a Toney Douglas fan at all. I find him very erratic and for a PG,he takes wayyyy too many shots (I see the same thing when Baron Davis when he comes back). I'm glad that the Knicks picked up Chandler instead of CP3 because our front court was much more of a weakness than the PG position but I hope Toney really slows it down and makes better decisions with the ball and I know Shumpert is not a natural PG but his Christmas day showing showed me that he can be a good fit and he can be a better fit if he brings the ball up more.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Holy crap this is awful

Old
12-30-2011, 12:14 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

This is reminiscent of last year.

Defense is just atrocious.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:30 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
This is reminiscent of last year.

Defense is just atrocious.
The guards have been really bad.

Chandler is looking so much worse than he is because the guards get embarrassed, he comes up high to bail them out, and somebody sneaks into the paint for easy points.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:38 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
The guards have been really bad.

Chandler is looking so much worse than he is because the guards get embarrassed, he comes up high to bail them out, and somebody sneaks into the paint for easy points.
Agreed.

Chandler can't play TEAM defense by himself.

And dear lord has Amare looked awful.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:20 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Agreed.

Yeah, where the **** is Stat?

This is painful. I'm done for the night.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:22 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Agreed.

Amar'e will get it going offensively, eventually. He started last season off slow too.

This team needs a PG, and BAD. Very bad.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:41 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I hope some of you stayed around to watch Inside the NBA and listen to what Sir Charles just said, at around 1:38 AM.

To paraphrase (because I fully agree): The Knicks are not a very good team. They don't play any defense, they don't rebound the ball, they don't have the right players for their coach's system, and when you have both Anthony and Stoudemire on the court, your team will have no flow on the offensive end. They are ballstoppers.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:45 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I hope some of you stayed around to watch Inside the NBA and listen to what Sir Charles just said, at around 1:38 AM.

To paraphrase (because I fully agree): The Knicks are not a very good team. They don't play any defense, they don't rebound the ball, they don't have the right players for their coach's system, and when you have both Anthony and Stoudemire on the court, your team will have no flow on the offensive end. They are ballstoppers.
How did I know you were going to come in here.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:47 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post

The first 2 are true right now. Let's see what happens when we're not 3 games into a new season. I mean, come on Chuck it's called small sample sizes. I'm sure rebounding won't be an issue in the near future considering we have a guy who averaged 10 RPG last year. We don't have Kevin Love but it's not going to be a weakness when kinks get worked out.

I love Chuck but it's too early to jump to conclusions. I don't understand how they don't have the right players when D'antoni made his name with Nash and Amar'e in the desert. They need a PG before we see anything of what this team can do. DWTDD won't cut it as a starter.

I agree though, other than Chandler the team looks lost defensively.

And Landry just looks lost in general.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:52 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
The first 2 are true right now. Let's see what happens when we're not 3 games into a new season. I mean, come on Chuck it's called small sample sizes. I'm sure rebounding won't be an issue in the near future considering we have a guy who averaged 10 RPG last year. We don't have Kevin Love but it's not going to be a weakness when kinks get worked out.

I love Chuck but it's too early to jump to conclusions. I don't understand how they don't have the right players when D'antoni made his name with Nash and Amar'e in the desert. They need a PG before we see anything of what this team can do. DWTDD won't cut it as a starter.

I agree though, other than Chandler the team looks lost defensively.

And Landry just looks lost in general.
This is the problem, so many people are thinking Chandler is the reincarnation of Bill Russell or even Dwight Howard. He isn't going to mask all our defensive/rebounding inefficiencies like a Dwight does. He's not THAT good. He had a 2 month stretch of elite basketball. There is a reason why this guy has been traded multiple times. I thought this was a terrible move after thinking about it,after we signed him. Not just going off after 3 games. I just don't think he's worth that money.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:55 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
This is the problem, so many people are thinking Chandler is the reincarnation of Bill Russell or even Dwight Howard. He isn't going to mask all our defensive/rebounding inefficiencies like a Dwight does. He's not THAT good. He had a 2 month stretch of elite basketball. There is a reason why this guy has been traded multiple times. I thought this was a terrible move after thinking about it,after we signed him. Not just going off after 3 games. I just don't think he's worth that money.
He's not an elite player. But he's a very good complementary player who brings what we should, in theory, need. But, as I said earlier, when your guards are getting **** on and he has to come up high, he doesn't have the chance to defend the paint and grab boards.

If Stat and Melo can average 9 boards a game, and Chandler averages 10, it's not a terrible weakness.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:11 AM
machphantom

Can Torts coach basketball too? I think Amar'e needs some one-on-one "mentoring."

Closed Thread