HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 12:00 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

vCash: 500
Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Soft, chokers, boston has better depth, hodgson is a bust, booth is a salary dump, higgins is washed up, raymond will never be the same, and Hansen isn't as good as Helm.
No, no, no, Hansen is a scrub. Remember?

Old
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
The guy is legitimately Higgins' brother? I've never seen him post, so I don't know if he is...
Yes he is and he has been Mod-certified to be Chris' brother Kevin.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:30 AM
serge2k
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Well the helm thing was from just a few days ago so I figure it works.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:00 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
Planning on revenge for the hit? No Romes not playing..
Go take a look in the thread on their board about Rome. They all have hit lists to basically injure every player on our team. Classy is the only way to describe that thread.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:12 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Go take a look in the thread on their board about Rome. They all have hit lists to basically injure every player on our team. Classy is the only way to describe that thread.
I love how in the main board they say they don't support players getting hurt.

Except that thread reads like a group of homicidal maniacs.

Its on regular season game, christ. We're focused on beating you on the board, and you're obsessed with calling for blood.

And we're the unclassy ones.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:23 AM
keslehr*

That Bruins thread.... :

Bunch of ****ing violent people there

Old
12-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Just did that. Reads like a bunch of 15-year old punks out for blood. The vast majority is completely one-sided complaining that the Canucks were the only team in the SCF doing anything other than playing hockey.

No point in anyone trying to argue them, better chance of having sensible debate with a tree stump.

Best thing the Canucks can do is completely avoid the taunts and scrums, whatever the score. It will drive them nuts.

Allowing the Bruin goons to do what they do best is not a battle the Canucks will win.

IMO one of the things that lost the SCF for us was allowing the Bruins to drag us into the ditch with them.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:47 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
Just did that. Reads like a bunch of 15-year old punks out for blood. The vast majority is completely one-sided complaining that the Canucks were the only team in the SCF doing anything other than playing hockey.

No point in anyone trying to argue them, better chance of having sensible debate with a tree stump.

Best thing the Canucks can do is completely avoid the taunts and scrums, whatever the score. It will drive them nuts.

Allowing the Bruin goons to do what they do best is not a battle the Canucks will win.

IMO one of the things that lost the SCF for us was allowing the Bruins to drag us into the ditch with them.
I'm sure AV is going to beat that in their heads from now until then. If they play Canucks hockey and just beat them with our speed, they'll get frustrated. It worked the first two games against them.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post

Yep, we just dove right in after them.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:01 AM
jimmythescot

Losing hamhuis was the turning point in that series.

Serious question, I thought that wishing for a player to get injured was against the rules across the boards. What worries me most about the discussion is anyone disagreeing with their howling for vengeance (for little bumps their players got) is told they are trying to incite them. So this behaviour would seem to be a calm discourse about what is right and proper for their team to do, despite the vitriolic words. I had a gf from Boston and she said the guys there were like cavemen, and I thought she was being overdratic.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:16 AM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post

Serious question, I thought that wishing for a player to get injured was against the rules across the boards. What worries me most about the discussion is anyone disagreeing with their howling for vengeance (for little bumps their players got) is told they are trying to incite them. So this behaviour would seem to be a calm discourse about what is right and proper for their team to do, despite the vitriolic words. I had a gf from Boston and she said the guys there were like cavemen, and I thought she was being overdratic.
Also losing Aaron Rome, our winning percentage is 11% lower without Rome in our lineup.

The Boston thread not only howling for revenge, they want blood, they want all our guys to get injured. They are 100% sure that there is no way they will lose, and saying we will goon it up before they do and get humiliated.

Old
12-30-2011, 04:03 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
That Bruins thread.... :

What a disgusting thread.

Old
12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
DFAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Also losing Aaron Rome, our winning percentage is 11% lower without Rome in our lineup.

The Boston thread not only howling for revenge, they want blood, they want all our guys to get injured. They are 100% sure that there is no way they will lose, and saying we will goon it up before they do and get humiliated.
I also agree that the Rome hit on Horton was the turning point of the series. Not only did we lose a d-man, but it gave something for the Bruins to rally around. Up until then they were down 0-2 and things were looking bleak but after the hit it seemed to fire them up and we all know what happened next

And on the Rome thread on the Bruins board...just wow. What class.

Old
12-30-2011, 07:41 AM
RapidFire

Quote:
That Bruins thread.... :

they've adopted the barbaric mindset from their team...

too bad the nucks play them 10 AM vancouver time (1 PM in boston)... ****ing NHL scheduling it at such an early time.. its like they want the nucks to lose

Old
12-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Sayonara77
Badassian

It's hilarious of how obsessed they are in that thread. They are *****ing about some of the obscured negative outcome that happened against their precious team in the whole series. They won the ****ing cup ffs, and yet they are resorting to childish barbaric behaviour. Love all the hatred they have for guys who aren't even normally hated like hansen, av, edler, higgins, etc.

Not sure why there are canucks fans in that thread. The rational thing is to embrace the hatred, and not care what a bunch of angry venom spewing messageboard punks have to say. Just laugh at the animosity they have regarding the team and fanbase

Last edited by Sayonara77: 12-30-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Not all of us B's fans are like that. I'd feel the same way you all do if it were us on the losing end.

I love hockey as a whole and watch games outside of the B's so that's why I ask about Rome and Booth. I'm also on tap to make the GDT for that game and am trying to prep early.

I am Boston Strong

Old
12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post

If you see an instance of someone wishing injury upon another player, click the Report Post button and a moderator will deal with it. That is against the site rules.

That said, let's turn this topic back to Canuck Injuries as opposed to the Boston Bruins. Thanks.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:19 AM
fools russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Not all of us B's fans are like that. I'd feel the same way you all do if it were us on the losing end.

I love hockey as a whole and watch games outside of the B's so that's why I ask about Rome and Booth. I'm also on tap to make the GDT for that game and am trying to prep early.
We know not all Boston fans are like that, but seemingly a large chunk of them are. They're mad because the Canucks were apparently gooning it up, yet that was literally Boston's MO. The double standard continues to blow my mind.

edit: back to the topic. Too bad they'll be without Booth for the Boston game. He's just the type of player they need; someone that drives to the net.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:30 PM
keslehr*

Back on topic, hopefully Booth is back soon.

Last edited by mrmyheadhurts: 12-30-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Can't generalize fan bases...
Old
12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Just another reminder that generalizing or demeaning a fan base is not permissible. Don't worry about the Bruins board, as Canucklehead said, going over there to defend your teams honour is trolling, it serves little purpose anyway.

Let's talk hockey and keep it civil.

Old
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Is that entire thread not a violation of the rules, wishing for injury to players? And here I thought all mods were fair and just... alas.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Good to hear Booth is progressing, and hope our team doctors get Higgins' infection problems sorted.

------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post

Interesting point though: If we'd won, we'd actually be happy, not overflowing with visceral hatred and bloodlust SIX MONTHS LATER. Normally, you couldn't pay me to even click on the link for the Boston forum, but I dropped by there tonight to see what all the fuss was about. Not much surprises me in terms of trashtalk towards the Canucks on hf anymore, but how the hell can anyone even begin to justify some of the **** in there? That's what your homeboys are like when your team wins? What the hell goes on there when you lose? Is there an all-purpose Death Threat thread where you post opposing players' home addresses and digital copies of the Anarchist's Cookbook?

When the backlash happens (and it will, make no mistake) that's the stuff you should be bumping so your classy, classy buddies remember why they'll never get a shred of sympathy from anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Is that entire thread not a violation of the rules, wishing for injury to players? And here I thought all mods were fair and just... alas.
Santa Claus isn't real either, sad to say.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Generally I think the younger generation of fans are all pretty level headed (aside from the drunks and internet trolls when given anonymity). It's the old school fans that scare me.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:58 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Puckmonster starts an injury thread that turns into a Bruins thread. You are now officially an HF Canucks family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I'd like to think that I personally shutdown that thread with my last post in it

Last edited by AndyPipkin: 12-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old
12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
There were similar issues with the last GDT thread on the Oilers forum for the Canucks vs. Oilers and the matter was dealt with by the Moderators.

If forum moderators are not enforcing the rules after a report then make a complaint to a Global Moderator

Closed Thread