HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#36|Dec. 29, 2011|Flyers at Penguins |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-30-2011, 12:36 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I thought Couturier was skating good, and getting to pucks first. For the most part a good team effort all around. Schenn needs a point he deserves one!
Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention. There were times that he seemed to stand out IMO being slow.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 12:43 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I rewound the 3rd angle after the goal was scored. On this angle looks like its off his back, however on the earlier angle (which i just rewatched) from behind kennedy it goes over MABs skates, so it didn't touch him. Perhaps bob didn't see it, but he didn't even have his glove up.

Errey mentioned it on the pens cast, so I just took his word for it as well.
Rule #1: don't listen to what that MF'er or his BFF have to say...ever...

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Suspended4Life

Quote:
Deflected off bourdon.
That's what I thought at first too but after closer review, it didn't appear to touch anything. i think it was just one hell of a shot.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I dont think Bobrovsky read that last goal right. It was a heckava shot by Kennedy tho.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:17 AM
dresi

When Jagr scored, I was like ->

dresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:05 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

...so when did giroux touch the puck on the jagr goal?

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:14 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention. There were times that he seemed to stand out IMO being slow.
Did you see Couturier on the Read goal?

He rolled right through the neutral zone and past a defenseman to get that shot off for the rebound that Read deposited in the net.

He was skating very, very well all night IMO. Looked quite a bit faster to me than he has in the past.

Skating is definitely the one thing he needs to work most on though... everyone has said it and I think Couturier knows it too. Luckily, it's also something that is very workable and with a good off-season training regiment, I think we'll see him improve his skating by leaps and bounds. Couturier's amazing hockey-sense on the other hand is something that can't be taught. I love his instincts, his defensive play, his advanced positioning, etc. He is going to be a stud for us. He's probably #3 on my untouchable list right now behind Giroux and Voracek.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:21 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Did you see Couturier on the Read goal?

He rolled right through the neutral zone and past a defenseman to get that shot off for the rebound that Read deposited in the net.

He was skating very, very well all night IMO. Looked quite a bit faster to me than he has in the past.

Skating is definitely the one thing he needs to work most on though... everyone has said it and I think Couturier knows it too. Luckily, it's also something that is very workable and with a good off-season training regiment, I think we'll see him improve his skating by leaps and bounds. Couturier's amazing hockey-sense on the other hand is something that can't be taught. I love his instincts, his defensive play, his advanced positioning, etc. He is going to be a stud for us. He's probably #3 on my untouchable list right now behind Giroux and Voracek.
Voracek? I like Jake, but he should be #3 on that list, and it's not even close. After G, Couturier is the Flyers' most naturally skilled player and has the highest ceiling of anyone not named Claude Giroux; the franchise must build around him.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:08 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Voracek? I like Jake, but he should be #3 on that list, and it's not even close. After G, Couturier is the Flyers' most naturally skilled player and has the highest ceiling of anyone not named Claude Giroux; the franchise must build around him.
If we're talking about the future of the Flyers, sure Couturier might be the second most purely skilled Flyer after Giroux but at the "moment" Couturier is not the second most gifted Flyer.

It's Giroux, Jagr, Briere and then it's a tie between Voracek, JVR and Couturier.

livewell68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Actually my untouchable list revolves around

Giroux - JVR - Couturier - Voracek - Simmonds - Schenn

You build around that core, not dismantle it. With that core, you can construct better third lines than some teams top lines

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Xegiie

imho best match of this season for flyers, amazing effort for everyone.

i think Roo was trying to set up Jagr more than score himself that match too.

I didn't know jagr's "i love youuuu " was responce to question what he say about boooing pen fans, he said " i thought they were yelling i love youuuu "

Bob amazing match for him, really too bad he didn't kill the 2nd goal.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Broad Street Elite

Was anyone else as surprised as I was (other than Malkin I'd guess) when Bob stayed up to take away the top of the net when Malkin had the puck about 10 feet out from the right circle?

I can honestly say I was stunned after having watched him consistently drop into the butterfly regardless of shot type. In one single play, Bob went from "he may be an All Star caliber goalie" to yikes "This Bryz contract is gonna cost us this guy?". Not a knock about against Bryz per se, but Bob is going to grow into a monster I think.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Was anyone else as surprised as I was (other than Malkin I'd guess) when Bob stayed up to take away the top of the net when Malkin had the puck about 10 feet out from the right circle?

I can honestly say I was stunned after having watched him consistently drop into the butterfly regardless of shot type. In one single play, Bob went from "he may be an All Star caliber goalie" to yikes "This Bryz contract is gonna cost us this guy?". Not a knock about against Bryz per se, but Bob is going to grow into a monster I think.
Yeah I noticed that. He did that right after letting in a goal largely because he went down to early...good to see him improving his game and learning.

12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post

I noticed that too, and have seen him do that more often this season which is really great to see.I really get pi$$ed when i see a goalie drop down early on angle shots, like Bob did on the 2nd goal..I see a lot of goalies do that nonsense and many of them get sniped high short side....Bob had a fine game last night, he really took the bull by the horns and competed. He could have easily fell apart after that quick goal in the 1st, but he came right back and made a few really nice saves just afterwards, and kept our club in it until our offense buried a few....I honestly thought we could have easily had 5+ goals in that game, Fleury played very well and came up big numerous times....It was a great game !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Actually my untouchable list revolves around

Giroux - JVR - Couturier - Voracek - Simmonds - Schenn

You build around that core, not dismantle it. With that core, you can construct better third lines than some teams top lines
I agree with this list, with the exception of adding Hartnell to this list too....He is really a very underrated player, and many of the little things he does during a game at times gets over looked...Scott Hartnell is the epitome of what a Flyer is all about in my opinion. He even has head full of wild orange hair !There are 29 other teams in this league that would love a guy like Hartnell on their club....He is tough, can fight, a grinder in the corners,and is fearless in front of the net.He is truly a Flyers legend in my book !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Man, even if Voracek may not be putting up the points at the moment, you can't question his hustle. Can't see the Flyers not resigning this guy. Loving his drive and a complete 180 from Zherdev.

Also, when healthy, this teams depth is amazing to see when looking at the 3rd/4th lines. I remember not too long ago when we had friggin Mika Pyörälä one of the top 2 lines.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I noticed that too, and have seen him do that more often this season which is really great to see.I really get pi$$ed when i see a goalie drop down early on angle shots, like Bob did on the 2nd goal..I see a lot of goalies do that nonsense and many of them get sniped high short side....Bob had a fine game last night, he really took the bull by the horns and competed. He could have easily fell apart after that quick goal in the 1st, but he came right back and made a few really nice saves just afterwards, and kept our club in it until our offense buried a few....I honestly thought we could have easily had 5+ goals in that game, Fleury played very well and came up big numerous times....It was a great game !
ye exactly, Fleury was the guy holding pens including one wtf save

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote