HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jagr Thread Part II: Moves Like Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Wounded

vCash: 500
1140434-img-jagr.jpg

1140433-img-jagr.jpgThose people really enjoyed Jagr's goal.

Old
12-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded View Post
Attachment 51253

Attachment 51255Those people really enjoyed Jagr's goal.
ahaha good find

Old
12-30-2011, 07:31 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
btw Jagrs goal, where you can see Roo reading that pens fan board
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12XM..._J_IFG3r3QRu7K

and the epic young crying pen fan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2-l...oCnElQ7pelzJN7

all from http://www.youtube.com/flyersinhd
when i first saw the video of the fat kid crying, it looks like he is rubbing his arm a littleb bit. He could be just rubbing the fuzz on his sweater for comfort, but i have a feeling that the girl in the flyers jersey punched the fat kid. I also believe that it is a family, the man looks to be a good match for the wife and the kids look like they could be their offspring.

The fat kid is saying something to the girl, they are making eye contact. Girl leans back and stares at her father who looks at the fat kid. I am guessing it's a family, the parents are on the ends so the kids don't have to sit by any creepster strangers (as a kid i always hated sitting by strangers) with one side liking the pens, the other the flyers. Would be funny if the fat kid was teasing the girl and she just punched him in the arm.. OORRRRRRRRRRRRRR he is crying that his team doesn't have Jagr and it's "unfair" that her team has it and her mother is comforting her.

Old
12-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Xegiie

you are right, looks like they are family

Old
12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
jagrgodr

And this is why i love Jagr:

Say this about Jaromir Jagr: One asset he never lost is his showman's flair, the accomplished actor's penchant for the dramatic.

Give Jagr a special moment, a spotlight he can call his own, a reason to be far better than just good, and he is capable of turning back the clock and being – as he once was – the best player in hockey, if only for a precious few moments.

Moments like this one.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=608792

------- He still has it in him, he can step up his game and still amaze people ------

Jagr was the best player on the ice for much of the Flyers' fourth consecutive victory in Pittsburgh, and his goal that gave them the lead for good at 2-1 with 6:03 gone in the second was textbook Jagr.

In stride, Jagr collected NHL scoring leader Claude Giroux's drop pass in traffic and artfully threaded a perfectly placed backhander through two Penguins defenders and into the net for his 12th goal of the season. Immediately, he skated toward the glass and gave his trademark salute to a Penguins fan wearing a Kris Letang jersey.

The goal was vintage Jagr. So was the celebration.

---- I love how they are rewriting history to have Giroux drop the pass instead of Hartnell, HAHAH. I honestly enjoy the writers version better ------

Old
12-30-2011, 09:37 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
---- I love how they are rewriting history to have Giroux drop the pass instead of Hartnell, HAHAH. I honestly enjoy the writers version better ------
History is written by the winners.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:48 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded View Post
Attachment 51253

Attachment 51255Those people really enjoyed Jagr's goal.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:51 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
History is written by the winners.
They took the assist away from Giroux but still made him 1st star of the game.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
They took the assist away from Giroux but still made him 1st star of the game.
ye they took it away.
Jaromir Jagr (12) Backhand - ASST: S. Hartnell (17) AND M. Carle (16)

ps: anyone got HD picture og Jagr celebrating his goal to Dallas after Roo's come back?

Last edited by Xegiie: 12-30-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old
12-30-2011, 01:41 PM
MrHockey1982

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Flyers

Quote:
Amid the latest chorus of boos accompanying the goal celebration, these ones louder than all the others, a woman seated behind the glass near Jagr screamed at him angrily.
“I’m like, ‘bleep off,’ ” Jagr said. “Obviously, she was there. She didn’t salute me back, I know that for sure.”

Quote:
The first set of boos started when Jagr made his way to the ice for a pre-game skate and continued every time he hopped on the ice, every time he touched the puck. “They were saying, ‘I love youuuu,’ ” Jagr laughed.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
G28

Jagr become a legend in my eyes when i was down in philly on Nov 4th weekend visiting G for the weekend.. After the Columbus game where they won 9-2 we went to this irish pub downtown and Jagr walked in at like 1am with this young hot blonde chick.. Just a rocket!! So my buddy I brought with me went up to Jagr after the girl left for the bathroom and this was the convo
Buddy: hey that was solid
Jagr: yah 9-2 was a good win
Buddy: no no im talking about the girl you brought.. She is pretty ****in hot
Jagr: oh yah man.. I've been doing this for 20 years.. Never have them over 25 haha

As soon as he said that we ordered jagrbomb to have with jagr and he became a legend.. He refused the jagrbomb cuz he's a true fitness freak but jagr was awesome!!

Old
12-30-2011, 10:24 PM
livewell68

I though I would share this with you guys on here.

On the Rangers' team forum there is a thread about Jagr and appreciating his time in New York and some basically starting insluting Jagr and practicing revisionist history.

This is what I wrote in response to one particular poster who said this.

Quote:
I'm not even going to get into his stints with Pittsburgh and Washington but what you wrote about his time in New York is simply stupid and revisionist history on your part.

So Jagr said he didn't like shootouts in New York yet he did participate in them when asked upon. He wasn't the one that would opt out. He simply felt he wasn't good on shootouts and felt a better player was suited for that. Is that such a terrible crime?

His final season he got bored? Let me ask you something and please answer me this. What really matters? That Jagr wins the Art Ross or plays at his very best in the playoffs?

Jagr gave the Rangers all he had in the playoffs and gave them a chance despite the Rangers as a team being completely overmatched by the Penguins. Jagr for all his boredom still led that awful Rangers' offense in scoring. He was 36. What was he supposed to do? Go for 100 Pts and then flame out come playoff time? Did he perpetrate an unforgivable crime because he was pacing himself knowing that his "older body" might tire out come playoff time?

Was it Jagr's fault that Sather went and got 2 very useless, overpaid, 2nd line centers to center Jagr? Their style didn't mesh with Jagr's. Jagr gets all the blame for that but Drury and Gomez get a pass?

All you are doing is basically taking things that are very small and blowing them out of proportion. Despite Jagr only scoring 71 Pts in 2007-08, he still gave the Rangers a chance to win night in night out; commanding double teams, the opposing teams' tough defensive shadowing, assignments and if the "other" Rangers including Shanahan were good enough, they should have thrived with that opportunity and scored with all that open ice and opportunities against lesser defense that Jagr created for them. Instead what did Gomez, Drury and Shanahan and the rest of the team do? Absolutely nothing, that's what they did. Jagr is not like these trained, brainwashed, "say the right thing" kind of leaders. He didn't talk in cliches and he always spoke his mind, he was honest and sometimes what he said wasn't exactly what he was supposed to say but he said itregardless. Ask any of the current Rangers that played with Jagr in 2007-08 and all will say that Jagr was the most caring player about the Rangers' success. People like you wanted a Stanley Cup from Jagr but Jagr did his part, the rest of the team and the organization didn't give him the pieces to lead that team to the Cup.

In 2007-08 Jagr scored 15 Pts in 10 games including 8 Pts in 5 games against the Penguins in the second round. He was unstoppable on almost every shift in that series, constantly creating chances. What did you want him to do? Play in net, play all defensive positions and play on all 4 lines? The guy played flat out dominant. So he didn't check and didn't fit the mold of "the so called Blue collar" player like Callahan does now but in the last 15 years, not one single Rangers player was as dominant as Jagr was in his time in New York.

If people like you want to revise your history and nitpick every single thing that Jagr said or did (which has been completely overblown and spun negatively to suit their arguments) then you guys never deserved to have Jagr on your team at all.

Jagr scored 290 Pts in the 3 full seasons he played in New York in just 246 games. He almost averaged 100 Pts (97 to be exact) in his time there. He was a + 68 in 3 seasons. His playoff numbers were also very good outside of his 2005-06 playoff where he played with a dislocated shoulder in 3 games only registering 1 assist.

He had 27 Pts overall in 23 games but if you look at his 2 full playoff runs (2006-07 and 2007-08) he scored 26 Pts in 20 games which is a 107 Pts clip over an NHL season.

Jagr was a real leader in Ndew York, played some of his best hockey there and was a warrior in the playoffs. Never took a game off, didn't miss a single game in the 3 regular seasons and actually only technically missed 1 playoff game.

What more did you want from him? The saddest part about all this is that New York fans aren't grateful for this.

As for his signing with the Flyers. Jagr didn't take the Flyers offer because they offered him 1 million more. That's the story that the Pittsburgh media and organization created to save face and throw the blame on Jagr instead of taking accountability for it. It was easier to rehash the same old, tired story of "Jagr just being Jagr, being immature and going where the money is" and of course the fans are going to believe this because there is absolutely no way that Jagr could have matured in the last 10 years. T here were at the end about a dozen teams that were ultimately interested in Jagr including some that "actually" offered "more" than what the Flyers offered.

Jagr was coming back not to sail into the sunset take a 3rd line role and be retired as a Penguin only because "it was the right thing to do". He wanted to have one more run at the Cup and he wanted to be an impact player and an integral part of that Cup run and he saw the Flyers as the best fit. If Jagr is such a bad guy, how come none of these stories of him being lazy, a locker room cancer, over the hill and a selfish player are being talked about in Philadelphia? Everyone knows that the Philly sports media can be very tough on athletes especially ones that don't play well or are the opposite of what it is to be a Philly area athlete. The Flyers media would have jumped on that story like hawks if Jagr really was "that guy". In fact most media outlouts in hockey were quick to write Jagr off, they were claiming that he couldn't keep up with the pace of this "New, faster NHL" and that he would prove eventually that he came back to collect one last big paycheck.

Guess what? None of that has been true. Guess what else? This hard working, hard training, caring, selfless, religious, fit, motivated and great version of Jagr was also the same one that showed up in New York.
What do you guys think?

Old
12-31-2011, 12:44 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by G28 View Post
Jagr become a legend in my eyes when i was down in philly on Nov 4th weekend visiting G for the weekend.. After the Columbus game where they won 9-2 we went to this irish pub downtown and Jagr walked in at like 1am with this young hot blonde chick.. Just a rocket!! So my buddy I brought with me went up to Jagr after the girl left for the bathroom and this was the convo
Buddy: hey that was solid
Jagr: yah 9-2 was a good win
Buddy: no no im talking about the girl you brought.. She is pretty ****in hot
Jagr: oh yah man.. I've been doing this for 20 years.. Never have them over 25 haha

As soon as he said that we ordered jagrbomb to have with jagr and he became a legend.. He refused the jagrbomb cuz he's a true fitness freak but jagr was awesome!!
Was this her by any chance?

If so that was Jagr's longtime gf of about 6 years now, her name is Inna Puhajkova.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:53 AM
G28

Damn man that looks a lot like her.. She was just blond in her jacket and not saying much but her face kinda look like that.. Its hard to say!!

Old
12-31-2011, 03:49 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:

On the Rangers' team forum there is a thread about Jagr and appreciating his time in New York and some basically starting insluting Jagr and practicing revisionist history.

What do you guys think?
I think you misspelled "irregardless", which is kind of a non word, so I'm not sure if it can be misspelled... but yeah... there shouldn't be a "t"... and you meant to say "regardless".

Old
12-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
In the final minutes of the first frame, Jagr showed the fans at the Consol Energy Center his picture-perfect defensive timing. Jagr lifted the stick of James Neal, who had a wide-open net from the paint.

“Remember me for the Selke [Trophy],” Jagr yelled afterwards.
Good old Jagr

Old
12-31-2011, 07:35 AM
livewell68

Check out the bitterness that the Pittsburgh media displayed after Jagr scored against the Penguins and helped the Flyers win.

The article is from : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11364/1200204-87-0.stm

Quote:
Ron Cook

In the end, Jagr really hasn't changed

Friday, December 30, 2011

By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Jaromir Jagr is 2-0 against the Penguins this season. He scored the biggest goal in the Philadelphia Flyers' 4-2 win Thursday night at Consol Energy Center. He has been great all season with 12 goals and 19 assists in 32 games. He has been huge on the power play with five goals. By all accounts, he has been just as great off the ice. Coach Peter Laviolette mentioned him as being big as a leader in the Flyers room in the absence of captain Chris Pronger, who's out for the season with concussion-like symptoms.

The Penguins still are better off without Jagr.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, ridiculous as it must seem on the day after Jagr and the Flyers were the better team for the second time in three weeks, this time, thanks in large part to Jagr's goal, which put the Flyers ahead to stay, 2-1, in the second period, and an empty-netter at the end by old pal Max Talbot.

"Why worry about a 40-year-old guy? The biggest mistake [Penguins] management made [during the summer] was they should have signed Max," Jagr said after the game in a fairly typical, disingenuous moment.

The Penguins couldn't match the Flyers' five-year, $9 million offer to Talbot, and Jagr knows it.

But his quote made for a good sound bite and made a lot in the media giggle.

Please.

We saw the always moody Jagr at his best and worst during his two-day visit. Wednesday, he was short and surly when he met with the media. Perhaps his corn flakes were stale that morning. Something as simple as that used to ruin his day frequently when he played with the Penguins more than a decade ago and begged repeatedly to be traded. Thursday, after the morning skate, he was congenial and expansive even if what he said made little sense and, in some cases, were out and out lies.

The Penguins flirted with Jagr before he signed with the Flyers. He said no one in the organization would guarantee him a job as a top-six forward. Lie No. 1. Owner Mario Lemieux, general manager Ray Shero and coach Dan Bylsma all told him he figured prominently in the team's plans. Jagr also said no one told him he would be used on the power play. Lie No. 2. The Penguins were coming off a 1-for-35 performance on the power play in their first-round playoff loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning. The team's brass made it clear to Jagr he would be a key part of the power play.

But that's Jagr.

He often has had problems with reality.

Things are going well for Jagr and the Flyers now. You wonder how he'll be when things aren't going his or the team's way. How will he be if the puck stops going in for him or if his ice time gets cut? Maybe he really has changed, if you believe Laviolette. But I'm not buying it.

There's no doubt Jagr still can play in the NHL. He still has the vision, the hands, the wheels -- all of it -- that will put him in the Hockey Hall of Fame the instant he becomes eligible. He clearly showed it when he beat Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury with a terrific backhanded shot, the second of three consecutive goals by the Flyers, who beat the Penguins, 3-2, Dec. 18.

But Jagr turns 40 on Feb. 15. He still must prove he can hold up over 82 games plus a long playoff grind. That worried Penguins management even more than his many moods. We'll see.

Jagr's return after the events of the summer made this the season's most-anticipated game. Certainly, it brought out the beautiful people. Governor Tom Corbett was among the crowd of 18,602, a guest in Lemieux's box. Lemieux interrupted a family vacation in Florida to come back for the game.

The sight of Jagr also brought the predictable hostility. He was booed even before the teams took the ice for warm-ups when he was shown on the arena's big scoreboard. He was booed each time he touched the puck in the game, although it wasn't any worse than the treatment Marian Hossa received when he came back to town in February 2009 after jilting the Penguins for the Detroit Red Wings the previous summer.

Talbot, who received a nice tribute on the scoreboard early in the game as a thanks for his years of service here, called the atmosphere "electrifying ... The fans showed up tonight and they were ready. It was like a playoff game."

Jagr wasn't nearly so moved. Then again, he didn't get any such tribute.

"The most important thing is we won in Pittsburgh," Jagr said. "This is a tough place to play. They are a very good team."

The crowd didn't like seeing Jagr's goal and really didn't enjoy him taking off his right glove and saluting after he scored it. It's funny, Penguins fans used to love the gesture when he was scoring goals for their team and helping it to Stanley Cup wins in 1991 and '92.

"I don't know how many goals I'm going to score," Jagr said. "Every goal might be my last one. I'm going to enjoy each one."

Jagr said he said should have scored many more goals Thursday night.

"From the first shift, I had good chances. I probably had the most chances of any game this year. I could have scored five goals easily if I were good. Fifteen years ago, I would have scored five goals. Not now."

Jagr grinned.

He knew what he said sounded good and made people smile.

Too bad it didn't make him any less of a phony.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11364...#ixzz1i7QmxQLJ

Old
12-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:

What do you guys think?
Signing Drury and Gomez was Glen Sathers biggest mistakes. Should have given Jagr a 4 year x 4 million deal before Jagr went to Russia.

Jagr had to carry that team every year and looked what happened the years after he left, they fell apart. Not until now when the team has completely changed they are are force again.

Jagrs 2005-2006 season was the most brilliant season of any player I have watched since the Mario Lemieux comeback in 2000-2001. I remember a game at the Gardens where Jagr had a hatrick and had chances to get maybe 7-8 goals easily.

The turning point in Jagrs Rangers career was the shoulder injury in the playoffs that year. Jagr lost his shot partially after this, if you compare his shooting before and after the injury, its a big difference. And Jagrs shoulder were badly injured.

In fact Jagr tried to play anyway, and going down in the first shift taking a hit and had to be carried of ice. I wonder what stats Jagr would have put up in the next seasons if that injury would not have happened. Surely enough to trigger that extra year on the contract with the Rangers.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:03 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
Signing Drury and Gomez was Glen Sathers biggest mistakes. Should have given Jagr a 4 year x 4 million deal before Jagr went to Russia.

Jagr had to carry that team every year and looked what happened the years after he left, they fell apart. Not until now when the team has completely changed they are are force again.

Jagrs 2005-2006 season was the most brilliant season of any player I have watched since the Mario Lemieux comeback in 2000-2001. I remember a game at the Gardens where Jagr had a hatrick and had chances to get maybe 7-8 goals easily.

The turning point in Jagrs Rangers career was the shoulder injury in the playoffs that year. Jagr lost his shot partially after this, if you compare his shooting before and after the injury, its a big difference. And Jagrs shoulder were badly injured.

In fact Jagr tried to play anyway, and going down in the first shift taking a hit and had to be carried of ice. I wonder what stats Jagr would have put up in the next seasons if that injury would not have happened. Surely enough to trigger that extra year on the contract with the Rangers.
I agree with you. I think in 2006-07 Jagr would have most likely challenged for the Art Ross and Hart again if not for his shoulder injury. He was half the player he was the previous year and still put up 96 Pts. I think in my mind if Jagr was healthy in 2006-07, having lost the Art Ross and Rocket Richard on the last day of the year the previous season, I think he would have comeback hungry and played with a vengeance and I don't think Crosby could have beaten a healthy Jagr for the scoring title.

In 2007-08 though I think it's very complex. I don't think it was only injuries that held him back. I think his own pressure to do well, his lack of chemistry with Drury and Gomez (remember Nylander was now gone), his team's clear decision to move away from Jagr being the centerpiece and moving towards Drury and Gomez as the centers of attention of their offense that led to Jagr being ultimately discontent that contributed to Jagr's low of 71 Pts. I also think Jagr wasn't as fit physically as he had been the previous 2 seasons and he was tiring out. I think Jagr was also pacing himself for the playoffs which showed that when he wanted to, Jagr could still be a dominant force, quite possibly the most dominant player in the NHL even at age 36.

Certain New York fans took his last season as a Ranger as "Jagr being lazy and quitting on the team" when in reality Jagr is the only reason they even managed to win a game against the Penguins in the second round.

Fans of teams always defend their players when they struggle by saying that they didn't have good linemates or linemates that complement their games. Jagr clearly suffered from this as he was playing with 4th line players on certain nights and had a different center almost every shift and game yet he gets slammed and flamed for not scoring at a 90 + Pts pace like he did the previous 2 seasons. Chemistry is a very important and underrated theme in the NHL. Just look at the Sedin twins.

As I had been doing earlier this year in this forum, I had been saying that Jagr's last season in New York wasn't necessarily him slowing down, getting old and no longer being able to dominate but rather him not being as happy (yes he's moody but wouldn't you be if you were put in the same situation as he was in 2007-08?). I totally foresaw this so-called "rejuvenation" of Jagr only because I knew that Jagr wasn't slowing down and regressing in 2007-08 but rather it was certain circumstances that led to Jagr's statistical decline.

Jagr is too talented, too fit and too motivated not have done well at this stage of his career. Barring any other injuries or a serious injury, I think Jagr will score 80-95 Pts. He usually is a better second half performer anyways.

Last edited by livewell68: 12-31-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old
12-31-2011, 09:58 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
Good old Jagr
2011-12 Jagr = 2009-10 Pronger

Guy can do absolutely no wrong. From his on ice play to his locker room/media banter he is perfect.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
2011-12 Jagr = 2009-10 Pronger

Guy can do absolutely no wrong. From his on ice play to his locker room/media banter he is perfect.
Wow. Good camparison. Very similar to say the least.

Lets hope Jagr can stay healthy though.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
New thread; nearing 1000.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1067283

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Closed Thread