2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Hi B's Fans.

I'm a West Point fan as they are my local NCAA team and am rooting for Zach McKelvie to do well for himself so I've become a defacto P Bruins fan as well lately. Thing is I live waaaaaay out of market and the coverage on the internet isn't so well outside the team site, here, & facebook.

What do you guys think of him and do you think given his being away from the game for 3 years, he will get some slack and at least be given till next season to see if he can adjust his game and contribute at the pro level even if his ceiling is the AHL or at worst ECHL or bust?

Old
12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by x CALLAHAN x View Post
Hi B's Fans.

I'm a West Point fan as they are my local NCAA team and am rooting for Zach McKelvie to do well for himself so I've become a defacto P Bruins fan as well lately. Thing is I live waaaaaay out of market and the coverage on the internet isn't so well outside the team site, here, & facebook.

What do you guys think of him and do you think given his being away from the game for 3 years, he will get some slack and at least be given till next season to see if he can adjust his game and contribute at the pro level even if his ceiling is the AHL or at worst ECHL or bust?
He's been ok,there have been nights where he's been the best defenseman and that in itself is amazing since he hadn't played "real" hockey in a few years but has looked a little in over his head at times, I don't think there's much more upside than he's shown already, he could have a sudden development spurt but right now mid to lower (4-6) AHL defenseman.
I think they'll bring him back for 1 more year

Old
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
BronxBruin

Any updates on Spooner yet? Any idea when he may be ready to return to action?

Old
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Alan Ryan

Brian Ferlin had an assist for Cornell but they lost to UMass last night (5-2).

Old
12-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
GoLondonKnights The London Knights
Jared Knight takes a shot off the foot and is slow to get up. He'll go to the dressing room to get looked at. #hopehesok
#knightstalk

Old
12-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
Any updates on Spooner yet? Any idea when he may be ready to return to action?
He's getting there- traveling with the team and feeling better, but not yet cleared to play. Should be sometime in next 2 weeks, but that's up to the team medical staff.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Still trying to get confirmation, but looks like Ryan Spooner could be headed to Sarnia Sting. Because 1st-round OHL picks cant be dealt until Jan. 1st- that's been a holdup in making trade official, but we should be hearing it break any time after Sunday- guessing Mon. or Tues.

Here's the link to Ottawa Citizen report:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...283/story.html

EDIT- However, do have from one source that Spooner is still a Frontenac and that any deal on table is not official/still being worked out.

Last edited by Kirk- NEHJ: 12-30-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old
12-30-2011, 09:48 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Still trying to get confirmation, but looks like Ryan Spooner headed to Sarnia Sting. Because 1st-round OHL picks cant be dealt until Jan. 1st- that's been a holdup in making trade official, but we should be hearing it break officially any time after Sunday- guessing Mon. or Tues.
Oh wow, that should be fun. Hopefully he'll get a few minutes with Nail.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Knighter confirmed he's good to go for tomorrow. Skated it on it today- worked out on it last night, even.

Kid's one tough cookie.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Colt.45Orr

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-wp5486

Old
12-31-2011, 06:16 PM
bigbadbruins7

goal for ferlin against clarkson in w. KoKo with 2 goals in romp of latvia. hopefully continues to play well in rest of tournament. anyone wathc the canadian games and see how d hamilton is doing?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I watched the Bruins last night and not the us-canada game, anyone who watched how did Hamilton look?

Old
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

LW Anthony Camara traded to Barrie Colts with D Ryan O'Connor for C Eric Locke and G Clint Windsor.

Before you get too excited, here's an outsider's view of the Bruins 3rd-rounder posted on Twitter before news of the trade broke (@twharry of bluechipbulletin.com)

Well, Saginaw will miss Camara's....uhh....hmm... Trying to think of something Camara contributed to the team. I'll get back to you.

Old
01-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
LW Anthony Camara traded to Barrie Colts with D Ryan O'Connor for C Eric Locke and G Clint Windsor.

Before you get too excited, here's an outsider's view of the Bruins 3rd-rounder posted on Twitter before news of the trade broke (@twharry of bluechipbulletin.com)

Well, Saginaw will miss Camara's....uhh....hmm... Trying to think of something Camara contributed to the team. I'll get back to you.
Nice tweet. I know who to avoid on Twitter, thanks.

Old
01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Brian Ferlin had an assist for Cornell but they lost to UMass last night (5-2).
They sure did

Old
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nice tweet. I know who to avoid on Twitter, thanks.
Yeah, that's a pretty douchy tweet.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Tom is direct to the point of being abrasive sometimes, but he's a good evaluator of talent and calls things as he sees them. He's also well-connected in the OHL, so even if you don't like the tone, he was talking about the deal before it became official.

Sorry it was too "douchey" for some of you, but if nothing else, he's seen Camara play far more than just about anyone here.

Maybe instead of shooting the messenger, we take the remarks (even snide ones) with a grain of salt and realize that Camara's progress simply has not been all that strong for a player taken in the third round? The Bruins left some pretty good players on the board to take him, so criticism is going to come with the territory.

I liked Camara's raw potential at development camp and he played a rugged style in the Islanders rookie games, but it's not a stretch to say that the Bruins themselves are a little disappointed with his inability to do more for Saginaw this season. They had higher hopes for him- Jim Benning himself projected 25-30 goals if he earned his way onto the 2nd line- didn't happen.

Ice time will be even tougher to come by in Barrie unless Camara can win the coaches over and make a case for higher line duty. We'll see.

He's too small to be an effective heavyweight, and appears to lack the vision/sense to be much of a scorer at the next level. Zac Rinaldo might be the kind of player the Bruins can expect from Camara if he ever makes it to the big show, and I dunno- 3rd round? Seems like they could do better.

That said- the B's admitted he was a risk/project when they took him, so maybe Camara proves the skeptics (present company included) wrong.

Old
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post41781525

Continue there ^^

Closed Thread