HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Move Souray to centre!

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Canadienne

vCash: 500
Move Souray to centre!

So, we all know that this team needs a big, tough centre, right?

Why not move Souray up between Ryder and Zednik? Call up Komisarek to take his place on D.

It would solve our problem down the middle and maybe ignite a fire under this presently horrible team!

Hey! I am just as anxious as everyone else for this team to do SOMETHING - wallowing in mediocrity gets old real fast!

Old
11-05-2003, 08:52 AM
cover_all_the_angles

how about putting him at forward on the powerplay. to get in front of the net and make things tough for the goalie..

Old
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienne
So, we all know that this team needs a big, tough centre, right?

Why not move Souray up between Ryder and Zednik? Call up Komisarek to take his place on D.

It would solve our problem down the middle and maybe ignite a fire under this presently horrible team!
I would'nt do it because he has a big slap shot, which we need at the point.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover_all_the_angles
how about putting him at forward on the powerplay. to get in front of the net and make things tough for the goalie..
He seems to be doing a great job at the point with his shot, by putting him in front of the net you just create a problem back at the point.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Canadienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
I would'nt do it because he has a big slap shot, which we need at the point.
Just cuz he's playing forward, doesn't necessarily mean he can't still shoot? I hope! LOL

Old
11-05-2003, 09:02 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Just cuz he's playing forward, doesn't necessarily mean he can't still shoot? I hope! LOL
No but I mean the point shot. We need low heavy shot from the point and the best one this year is Sheldon. I would just put Kilger at centre and he can crash the net and get in front, like he did. Put Kilger on the PP with Sourray at the point.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
He never played foward position and i don't think he will perform at center . I don't want to put any d upfront but Markov played foward in Russia....

Old
11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Habber

When I saw the thread title, I assumed you were joking.

You can't move a guy like Souray to centre just like that. First off, he doesn't have the speed or finesse required for a forward. His offensive skills are limited except for his shot. Have you ever seen Souray beat a guy wide or dangle around a guy? Of course not.

Playing centre is way different from playing D and it would take him a long time to adjust to such a move. If you're going to suggest a d move up to forward at least suggest Markov.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:51 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Get Sourray at center and koivu on defense

Old
11-05-2003, 09:55 AM
HabsoluteFate

After the second goal last night the thought actually crossed my mind...he could possibly become a power forward...although i see him more on the wing...during the PP i'd recommend him on the point though...we seem to be pretty thin on RW...he's also on that side for defense which would help the transition...would be nice to see them try him on that wing and bring up Komisarek...I only see that as temporary unless it really works out though..I see Souray as part of the future defensive corp...

Old
11-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Benji Frank

The guy gets a couple of goals and becomes your whole team?

I think he's fine right where he is..... if he can keep loading the cannon, once Koivu comes back, Souray, Zednik, Koivu, Markov/Brisbois, and whoever the 3rd forward is will be a pretty exciting powerplay!!! I agree with the suggestion of Kilger crashing the net on the PP......

Old
11-05-2003, 10:38 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
He seems to be doing a great job at the point with his shot, by putting him in front of the net you just create a problem back at the point.
I agree......playing defense and center is totally different and I think Kilger can do the job at center as far as playing physical, playing with grit and contributing a bit offensively.....this is the year for Kilger to have a rebound year. Souray is playing GREAT though

Old
11-05-2003, 10:42 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Actually Souray is fast, he skated around the whole Molson Centre in around 16 seconds, and was the fastest skater among all habs, if you haven't noticed, he's quite big, which would make him look slower then he actually is.
Are you saying Souray is faster than Zed and Bulis?

Old
11-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Darz

I don't understand this. We complain that we have centre's playing wing, we complain that we can't have defenseman playing their wrong side, but know we want to turn a dman into a forward?

Question: how many times has an NHL dman turn into a good NHL forward (Wendel Clark doesn't count, he was never an NHL defenseman).

Old
11-05-2003, 10:49 AM
jacklours

You guys can"t seriously be talking about putting Souray at center position can you ?????

Just think about it for a bit, THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. We are not in NHL 2004 were attributes are all that matters. It's real hockey, you can't just put players at random positions. (at least not in the NHL).
I know some layers did already, but common just be honnest with yourself. Can the guy really play center???

Old
11-05-2003, 10:52 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't understand this. We complain that we have centre's playing wing, we complain that we can't have defenseman playing their wrong side, but know we want to turn a dman into a forward?

Question: how many times has an NHL dman turn into a good NHL forward (Wendel Clark doesn't count, he was never an NHL defenseman).
good question....Staois did it a few times, but he aint that good

Old
11-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Canadienne

Fine! :mad: Ridicule a person for trying to be creative!

The team as it is is pure ****! No two ways about it! Anything and I mean ANYTHING that can be done to wake up these lousy bunch of losers, is worthwhile in my opinion!

Playing defense and playing forward may traditionally have been rare but I don't see why a guy who shows good offensive upside, couldn't be atleast be tried there?

But oh I forgot! It's never be done before so therefore it's a bad idea!

Anyways, it's not like it would ever have happened. This team doesn't want to win. If they did, fans like me wouldn't be making such outrageous suggestions!

Old
11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Habber

Quote:
Playing defense and playing forward may traditionally have been rare but I don't see why a guy who shows good offensive upside, couldn't be atleast be tried there?
When has Souray shown any "offensive upside"? All he has done is scored on some shots from the point. He hasn't gone on any end-to-edn rushes, he hasn't made any spectacular passes, he's just played good solid D and had a few shots go in.

He previous career high for goals was 3, that right there sums up his offensive upside.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:45 PM
doc lafleur

He block's shots as well, he could play in net, after is shift at center.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:46 PM
8b

And make Komisarek and Markov his winger

Old
11-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Habber

Good idea!

Then our satarting lineup for Buffalo could be:

Komi Souray Markov