HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JVR playing through hip injury

Old
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
JVR is young and is injured. Last playoffs he took over some games and looked like the best player on our team. Give him some time

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If this is the case then holy ****. FAI is extremely painful. And its one of those things that doesnt go away unless there is extended rest. It can also create permanent damange. I hope the Flyers are being smart about this.
I don't know the recovery time from surgery but I wish they would get the surgery done early so the player can recover in a few months and be full strength for a long run.

Like Rihards wrist injury last season. Put it off until after the season and it affected his play all season.

lancer247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:18 AM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Am I looking to much into it or does anyone else think him being bumped down to the 4th line is a sign he's getting ready to get shutdown?

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
bryzgalovsky*

Anyone who is still blaming our losses on any of our forwards can go screw themselves.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I don't know the recovery time from surgery but I wish they would get the surgery done early so the player can recover in a few months and be full strength for a long run.

Like Rihards wrist injury last season. Put it off until after the season and it affected his play all season.
Surgery should always be the last option for a variety of reasons. The recovery time is usually very long. Its difficult to get in season surgery and be able to gain your conditioning and be able to be productive.

Also Hip surgery on a young man is something that you want to avoid simply because of all the complications that might go with it. Im sure the flyers know what they are doing and are looking out for Jvr's future.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:11 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Am I looking to much into it or does anyone else think him being bumped down to the 4th line is a sign he's getting ready to get shutdown?
He had like 9 mins last game so I was thinking the same thing that he will be given some time off soon, hopefully.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:23 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

I'd like Jvr to be sat for a while to see if his hip strengthens up or if he needs surgery. It could also give us a chance to see couturier or schenn play in the top 6.

Maybe something like
Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Simmonds-Couturier-Briere
Read-Schenn-Voracek
Rinaldo-Talbot-Zolnierczyk
Sestito

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote