HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 10:18 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Is it better to just buy a blank & then go the skatezone route or get it customized via the site?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
hof2120

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Is it better to just buy a blank & then go the skatezone route or get it customized via the site?
A buddy of mine got his customized at NHL.com on Black Friday when they were having the customization deal and his looks really, really good.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
I always use the SkateZone but that's because I know 100% what i'm getting with it.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I always use the SkateZone but that's because I know 100% what i'm getting with it.
Assuming Vorhees' NJ? I'm only asking, because I'm much much closer to the one in NE Philly.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Assuming Vorhees' NJ? I'm only asking, because I'm much much closer to the one in NE Philly.
I use Voorhees but you can go to the one in NE Philly. They send them out to the guys that do the Flyers on ice jerseys.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Slight dilemma on what jersey to wear at the Alumni Game Saturday... I have nine options, based on the players participating in one manner or another... I'd love to take all of them and wear three per period, or maybe six (one per player) and wear two per period... but that would of course be too cumbersome to tote and difficult to change... So I will be wearing only one. I have an idea of who, but it is not based on my favorite player of the jersey I like the most, but on other factors... but I'm not locked in yet.

My question to you all... the people I trust most on Earth with jersey matters... which do you think I should wear out of the following choices:

Lindros 88 - Orange with 'C'

Clarke 16 - Orange with 'C'

Primeau 25 - Black with 'C' / White with 'C' (signed)

Recchi 8 - 3D Alternate with 'A' / White Authentic with 2000 patch

Leach 27 - Orange Mitchell & Ness 1975 Retro Authentic

Hatcher 2 - Black KOHO with 'C' (signed) / Blue Olympic personally (signed)

Leach.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:39 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I use Voorhees but you can go to the one in NE Philly. They send them out to the guys that do the Flyers on ice jerseys.
Price?

Old
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Slight dilemma on what jersey to wear at the Alumni Game Saturday... I have nine options, based on the players participating in one manner or another... I'd love to take all of them and wear three per period, or maybe six (one per player) and wear two per period... but that would of course be too cumbersome to tote and difficult to change... So I will be wearing only one. I have an idea of who, but it is not based on my favorite player of the jersey I like the most, but on other factors... but I'm not locked in yet.

My question to you all... the people I trust most on Earth with jersey matters... which do you think I should wear out of the following choices:

Lindros 88 - Orange with 'C'

Clarke 16 - Orange with 'C'

Primeau 25 - Black with 'C' / White with 'C' (signed)

Recchi 8 - 3D Alternate with 'A' / White Authentic with 2000 patch

Leach 27 - Orange Mitchell & Ness 1975 Retro Authentic

Hatcher 2 - Black KOHO with 'C' (signed) / Blue Olympic (signed)
Gotta go w/ the Lindros IMO.

Will likely be his last time donning the orange and black colors.

But I mean, I grew up in the 90s so I'm a little partial to Lindros since he was Flyers hockey in the 90s...

Old
12-30-2011, 06:30 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I gotta say that I am not too thrilled with the Jagr I got back from them last month. The numbers were not sewn flat to the jersey.

My Bieksa from Cool Hockey came out much, much better. They did a better job with the stitching too. Not as many loose threads on all the numbers and letters

Old
12-30-2011, 08:13 AM
philly08

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I gotta say that I am not too thrilled with the Jagr I got back from them last month. The numbers were not sewn flat to the jersey.

My Bieksa from Cool Hockey came out much, much better. They did a better job with the stitching too. Not as many loose threads on all the numbers and letters
This isn't good. Not an excuse but they're probably so backed up that they rushed it. I would take it back. Unless the Flyers lettering on Monday is obviously different from the Winter Classic kits that are out there, I'm probably going to take mine to Pro League Authentics and let them send it to Ruberti's. By obvious I mean larger numbers or different fonts. I bought my jersey from Pro League Authentics and would prefer to let them get the business for the lettering.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Price?
Should be $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly08 View Post
This isn't good. Not an excuse but they're probably so backed up that they rushed it. I would take it back. Unless the Flyers lettering on Monday is obviously different from the Winter Classic kits that are out there, I'm probably going to take mine to Pro League Authentics and let them send it to Ruberti's. By obvious I mean larger numbers or different fonts. I bought my jersey from Pro League Authentics and would prefer to let them get the business for the lettering.
It most likely won't be correct font then.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:09 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly08 View Post
Well, I am in Texas. Mine was done mail order. I'm gonna keep it, as I have already worn it...

I did post pics of it when I first got it. Some claimed I could possibly fix it with an iron. Even with a towel over it, I am not gonna risk it. I ruined a baseball jersey with an iron once (a Flyers baseball jersey - trying to get wrinkles out). I'm not even gonna attempt it on a jersey that cost me $195 with shipping.

I went with them because I wanted the "Jagr" nameplate to be the right size (many places use a standard, fullsize nameplate).

I read some negative posts about Cool Hockey, but it came out really nice. Any future customized jerseys I order will probably be ordered from them. The quality on the Bieksa stiching is much better.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
mm6492

How fake is this one
http://www.ice-hockey-jerseys.com/20...ey-p-2440.html

I am guessing its not legit, but if its close, might be worth the $40.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:12 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
How fake is this one

It's fake. I'm not one of those people who chastises the ownership of fakes, but my God the WCs are especially awful. They look like they're made with leather! That one you posted has all sorts of problems and I've seen better fakes available, but with the WCs in general you're not going to get one that's going to deceive people.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Many of the "fake" ones had a fullsize black nameplate for "Jagr." I didn't want to buy a real Jagr and have people think it was fake. That's why I paid extra for skatezone...

Old
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
StandingCow

Yea, I don't mind fakes, but that one is just... horrible.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
orangecrush8

Yay for WC jerseys

Old
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
How fake is this one

The big obvious problem with the Simmonds one is that the crest and numbers are not felt and you see the gloss on them. Also I notice the horizontal stripes are nor proportioned correctly. The blank one they sell and depict, the one with the curved hem, looks better in width and proportion... Be careful that the JvR one they depict is actually from the stock image of the 'Official' one sold by licenced dealers.

That said, I saw on at a flea market going for $60-$65 and the stripes on that one didn't look as much off and the logo/number material while not felt and had a gloss were tolerable IF THE COST SAVINGS matters that much. It was an obvious fake from a close up view but passable from afar... For the price I'd say the trade off could be considered worth it, if you are not a stickler. But I couldn't say that that one was the same as that site is selling... I don't recall the curve hem -- although it could be there -- and I didn't notice the badly proportioned stripes.

IMO it would be a crap shoot that you get a decent looking stripe ratio... based on the different images on that website... Good luck, Dude.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
It's fake. I'm not one of those people who chastises the ownership of fakes, but my God the WCs are especially awful. They look like they're made with leather! That one you posted has all sorts of problems and I've seen better fakes available, but with the WCs in general you're not going to get one that's going to deceive people.
Quote:
The big obvious problem with the Simmonds one is that the crest and numbers are not felt and you see the gloss on them. Also I notice the horizontal stripes are nor proportioned correctly. The blank one they sell and depict, the one with the curved hem, looks better in width and proportion... Be careful that the JvR one they depict is actually from the stock image of the 'Official' one sold by licenced dealers.

That said, I saw on at a flea market going for $60-$65 and the stripes on that one didn't look as much off and the logo/number material while not felt and had a gloss were tolerable IF THE COST SAVINGS matters that much. It was an obvious fake from a close up view but passable from afar... For the price I'd say the trade off could be considered worth it, if you are not a stickler. But I couldn't say that that one was the same as that site is selling... I don't recall the curve hem -- although it could be there -- and I didn't notice the badly proportioned stripes.

IMO it would be a crap shoot that you get a decent looking stripe ratio... based on the different images on that website... Good luck, Dude.
Thanks. I knew it was fake, but you gave me alot of good info. I don't have the money for a real one (college student ) but not sure if I want this one or not.

Old
12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Thanks. I knew it was fake, but you gave me alot of good info. I don't have the money for a real one (college student ) but not sure if I want this one or not.
Hey hey hey, I'm still in school, no excuses!

Old
12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Leach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Gotta go w/ the Lindros IMO.

Will likely be his last time donning the orange and black colors.

But I mean, I grew up in the 90s so I'm a little partial to Lindros since he was Flyers hockey in the 90s...
If I were to go with the best player of the group I would go with Clarke... But I wear my Clarke jersey to games whenever I can come up with a decent excuse to do so... so I do get to wear it at games.

If I were to go with the most novel and nicest jersey I would go with the Leach... I also try to work in occasions to wear that one, but it is a larger fitting jersey than I like -- which is actually good in the case of wearing it over an outer garment like at an outdoor game.

If I were to wear my favorite player, I'd have to go with a Primeau I suppose... But I did get to wear them quite a bit not too long ago, and he is not actually suiting up as he will be a coach

...Or a Recchi... but that is the same as with Primeau and I also wore them at games he played in as an opposing player after he left the Flyers.

The Hatcher is the most recent ex-Flyer and while the Olympic jersey is nice and unique, it is not a 'Flyers' jersey... and I did wear the a bit not too long ago.

Which brings us to the Lindros... which was the way I was leaning before I posed the question... I have not worn his jersey since the game Stevens cleaned his clock. I used to wear it a lot but that was a dozen or so seasons back... and IIRC it is big in size also and may fit well over my ski coat liner too... The time is ripe to bury the hatchet and again don his jersey.

The two responses I received confirms my two finalists... Leach and Lindros... I may just try them on over what I will be wearing and whichever fits and looks best I'll go with... If they both look okay, I probably will go with #88... that is the one I prey much had decided on until I had second thoughts a day or so ago.

Thanks for your help guys.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Flyers1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
A buddy of mine got his customized at NHL.com on Black Friday when they were having the customization deal and his looks really, really good.
hof2120, any chance you could post some pictures of your buddy's jersey? I have been thinking about getting one from NHL.com for a while but I am very leary about the customization, although I was thinking that maybe all the retailers might be using the same kit. Please see what you can do!

Old
12-30-2011, 03:45 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1 View Post
hof2120, any chance you could post some pictures of your buddy's jersey? I have been thinking about getting one from NHL.com for a while but I am very leary about the customization, although I was thinking that maybe all the retailers might be using the same kit. Please see what you can do!
I have two Black Ice jerseys from the NHL store - they are pretty nice. Also picked up a home orange Giroux, but I only took it out the bag 1x, as it is to get autographed at the Carnival.

They came out much better than my 1 from skatezone. As long as ya don't want jagr (because they use the same black nameplate for everyone), they aren't too bad.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Flyers845

I'm gonna send mine to stiches this time for the winter classic replica blank. Anyone use them before?

Old
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
But wait, how did you get your jersey so quick? did he get it from skate zone too? i thought only NHLshop had the authentics.

Closed Thread