HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Blake (Forearm Laceration - Out 3 Months)

Old
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM
master4071

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
horrible lineup and softer than even this year.
hahaha...play Parros - Parros - Parros as a 4th line and enjoy your secondary scoring

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
hahaha...play Parros - Parros - Parros as a 4th line and enjoy your secondary scoring
I don't think his twins are old enough to play yet

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Sirquacksalot
¡Viva Los Patos!

Sign Semin and Suter, problems solved.

Sirquacksalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I really like your 2nd lineup master.

Couple things for me though:

-Cogs has been much better on the wing IMO. And I know many want him traded but that is just not going to happen. We should get that out of our heads.

-I for one do not really want Hagman back unless there isn't a prospect ready to make the jump, but I seriously doubt at least one won't be ready.

-Bringing Koivu back is risky IMO. Well I guess it all depends on Murray, which is exactly why I'm nervous about it. I'd love to see Koivu brought back for the 3rd line center spot, especially since I don't think Holland is ready, but I do not want Murray placing him in as our 2nd line center with out Teemu.

-**** no to Semin

-Sutter will be too expensive.

FA(I like Penner here)-Getz-Perry

Cogliano/Prospect(Palmeiri or Etem maybe)-FA/Trade(maybe we can get Roy from Buffalo if they rebuild)-Ryan

Cogliano/prospect-Koivu-DSP

Beleskey-Macenauer/Pelley-Parros

Mace or Pelley can be healthy scratch.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
Sign Semin and Suter, problems solved.
I don't want Semin anywhere near this team unless he's cheap. Suter is a pipe dream.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I really like your 2nd lineup master.

Couple things for me though:

-Cogs has been much better on the wing IMO. And I know many want him traded but that is just not going to happen. We should get that out of our heads.

-I for one do not really want Hagman back unless there isn't a prospect ready to make the jump, but I seriously doubt at least one won't be ready.

-Bringing Koivu back is risky IMO. Well I guess it all depends on Murray, which is exactly why I'm nervous about it. I'd love to see Koivu brought back for the 3rd line center spot, especially since I don't think Holland is ready, but I do not want Murray placing him in as our 2nd line center with out Teemu.

-**** no to Semin

-Sutter will be too expensive.

FA(I like Penner here)-Getz-Perry

Cogliano/Prospect(Palmeiri or Etem maybe)-FA/Trade(maybe we can get Roy from Buffalo if they rebuild)-Ryan

Cogliano/prospect-Koivu-DSP

Beleskey-Macenauer/Pelley-Parros

Mace or Pelley can be healthy scratch.

I like this. The Penner signing is one Murray could make without having to break the bank, because as we know he is not willing to do that. Penner is coming off a down year so he could be had on the cheaper side, as a bounce-back signing. 2nd line center is where we need to move assets to get someone. Unless Holland makes leaps and bounds in his development, he probably wont be ready. Roy is a good guy to get, but who knows if Buffalo will move him without it being Roy+ for Ryan.

I personally think we need Koivu back. Saku has always been solid defensively, and will bring us the secondary scoring that we have needed for so long. Koivu is on the lower end of #2 centers, but as a #3 he would be Top 5. Plus having a 2-way center gives us line flexibility is Ryan doesnt mesh with the new 2nd line guy we bring in.

Other question is, really who can we get to center the 2nd line, without having to trade too much? The UFA Crop is weak, and who would we move from our roster/prospect/draft pick pool? 2012 1st is off the board, do we trade Cogs+++, Holland, Palmieri, Schultz?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
dirtyman*

Stoll , Brodziak , Grabovski , Pahlsson and Jokinen are all FA Centers we should consider.

dirtyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:16 PM
dirtyman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyman View Post
Stoll , Brodziak , Grabovski , Pahlsson and Jokinen are all FA Centers we should consider.
We could also sign moen and then get niedermayer back from switzerland and reunite the greatest checking line?!?!?!?

dirtyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I think the Ducks will have to ante up for the 2nd line center which makes it tough. Some have thrown around Ruutu's name but isn't he a wing more often?

Any other suggestions? No to Pahlsson IMO. Will always love the guy but he's a 3rd line center, we need a 2nd. Isn't grabovski similar to Koivu (border line 2nd center)?

Any other guys who might be available that you can think of? Roy is best I can think of. Might take a lot but if it addresses the 2nd line spot for the future I see do it.

Old
12-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Why do people want Dustin Penner anywhere near this team? Jason Blake has similar numbers over the last 5 years. He's shown an amazing lack of desire over his career.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Signing Blake is a bad idea IMO. Especially if Selanne comes back. I love his work ethic but Cogliano and him are similar players, so it doesn't leave room for both IMO.
Agreed. It would be dumb to have Cogs and Blake both next season since they are way too similar. Besides, I'd love it if Murray would bring some size to our forward group next season. Bottom 6 is way too soft right now IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Agreed. I really like Blake's effort but I would rather see Hagman signed instead. He's cheap too and doesn't always shoot the puck at the goalie. Also Hags is bigger and has similar work ethics. Only thing that Blake is better at is speed.
Me too, especially if he'd re-sign cheap. I've liked Hagman with Getzlaf and Perry and he could be a solid 3rd liner next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Why do people want Dustin Penner anywhere near this team? Jason Blake has similar numbers over the last 5 years. He's shown an amazing lack of desire over his career.
If Penner came cheap and for one year deal only, I wouldn't mind at all otherwise no thank you. It could be worth a shot to re-unite "The Kid Line" and to see if Penner can still be productive with them.

About the 2nd line center issue... I think knowing Murray's tendency to trade with Canadian teams it wouldn't surprise me at all if he acquired a guy like Horcoff or Stajan. Both of them have front-loaded contracts as well so it bodes well for a budget team like Ducks. On the other hand Murray has also shown his desire to collect under-achieving former 1st round picks so it makes sense if he'd go hard after a guy like Derick Brassard. We'll see. For the record, I don't want any of those players. Just throwing names I figure Murray would be after. I'd kill for Roy or Krejci to be our 2nd line center next season, just doesn't seem like something Murray would pull off. Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited by Doothpick: 12-29-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: More thoughts
Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyman View Post
Grabovski is the only one I would consider for a second line center spot. Pahlsson and Brodziak are a 3rd liners, Jokinen puts up decent numbers on terrible teams, but seems like everywhere he goes becomes a loser, and Stoll isnt an upgrade on Koivu.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Because the 3 were downright dominate together at times. Plus his bad season could allow him to be had for cheap. Hagman has been better with Getz and Perry then others on the team have, but he's clearly the weak link. We've seen the chemistry with Penner with those two and if he can he had for a 1 or 2 year under 3 million deal, then I say go for it. If not, much isn't lost. Seems like a very high reward minimal risk IMO.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

best case scenario for next season.

Yakupov-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
DSP-Cogliano-Etem

would like to see Penner with Getzlaf and Perry again, but just don't think it would happen under Bob Murray.

If we trade Ryan though, I could see Penner being signed, and Ryan traded for a top Dman. otherwise, we should keep Ryan, makes no sense to trade Bobby for depth forwards, which NEVER works out.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Pencilling a rookie on the top line is reaching. Pencilling a rookie on a top line with Getzlaf and Perry even riskier. They are a very hard pair to find a 3rd with, and from what I know of that player, he doesn't seem like an ideal fit. This is another reason I like the Penner idea.

OT: is Hagman eligible to be moved? I don't know if you can trade a guy that's been claimed on re-entry waivers.

Old
12-29-2011, 01:35 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Team shows enough lack of desire as is. No to Penner.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Because the 3 were downright dominate together at times. Plus his bad season could allow him to be had for cheap. Hagman has been better with Getz and Perry then others on the team have, but he's clearly the weak link. We've seen the chemistry with Penner with those two and if he can he had for a 1 or 2 year under 3 million deal, then I say go for it. If not, much isn't lost. Seems like a very high reward minimal risk IMO.
And Penner has had exactly one good year on that entire contract he signed. All you need to know about Penner is that in the Stanley Cup run, he was the player on the kid line to get his minutes slashed.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Selanne138

People are bashing on Penner, but no one has suggested a better option. Are we going to count on Palmieri, Etem and Holland to be in out Top 6 next year? That is just asking to fail.

We need to sign or trade for 2 top 6 forwards for next year IMO. Penner is at least someone who has scored 25 goals before, shown some chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry, and has shown some interest in playing on the west coast. A lot of people have said Ruutu, but what are the chances Ruutu will actually want to play here, or that we will pay to get him? Id say slim to none.

Penner is not perfect, but he seems like a reasonable target. He wont cost us much and could bounce back. We cant afford to pay someone 5 million to flop, so getting Penner at 2-3 wont be as big of a risk.

Old
12-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

I posted in the trade proposal forums a few days back suggesting trading Sbisa for Matt Moulson next summer. Few Islanders fan who commented on liked it, what do you guys think? Moulson has a great contract and a nose for the net, giving us another top6 guy who likes to drive the net. Getzlaf-Perry and Moulson-Ryan could be solid and then you just have to fill 2 spots to complete the top6. I know many of you here regard Sbisa very highly, but the more I watch him I'm thinking his hockey sense will always hold him back. He's still very young, though, so it could be risky to trade him but Moulson's only 28 too so he could be here for a while as well.

Sbisa leaving would also mean Ducks would have to replace him, but I think we should give Lydman another chance next year. He's having an off-season but I think there's a good chance he'll bounce back. Next season will also probably be his final contract year so that should motivate him to perform too.

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:07 AM
James Franco

What if the owners will see what the Angel's did and sign Suter

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
What if the owners will see what the Angel's did and sign Suter
I don't think Suter makes it to free agency.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:04 AM
master4071

Quote:
I think the Ducks will have to ante up for the 2nd line center which makes it tough. Some have thrown around Ruutu's name but isn't he a wing more often?

Any other suggestions? No to Pahlsson IMO. Will always love the guy but he's a 3rd line center, we need a 2nd. Isn't grabovski similar to Koivu (border line 2nd center)?

Any other guys who might be available that you can think of? Roy is best I can think of. Might take a lot but if it addresses the 2nd line spot for the future I see do it.
I think that Grabovski is the only one 2nd line center, which I want via FA...I said it before on trade proposals thread, we should consider a trade with Columbus for Brassard...he has awful year, but he is still young, regular 2nd line center, with good offensive skills...I think he should be available for Palmieri + 3rd round 2013 or Palmieri and McMillan...I would rather give up couple of youngsters than Bobby and it is true that we desperately need 2nd line center, so we must take some risk...hopefully 2012 1st rounder will replace Palmieri on our prospect pool...

I'm not a big Penner fan, we can't keep on living in the past...moreover I doubt that he will sign for less than 2.5 mln, so I prefer Hagaman or Ponikarovsky for 1.6 - 1.8 mln...so:

Hagman/Ponikarovsky - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Brassard/Grabovski - Etem/Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - DSP
Beleskey - Macenauer/Pelley - Parros

I agree that Cogliano is untradeable right now, so he must stay in the third line...

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

If Selanne and Koivu come back we can forget about adding two more top 6 forwards through FA. Unless both took giant paycuts. I do think Teemu would do it for the benefit of the team but I honestly don't think Murray would ever ask him to.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

According to BB, Blake could return in a game or 2. Wow wasn't expecting him back that quick. Should make for interesting lines. My guess is one of Beleskey or Gordon is waived.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
According to BB, Blake could return in a game or 2. Wow wasn't expecting him back that quick. Should make for interesting lines. My guess is one of Beleskey or Gordon is waived.
Send Beleskey down and put Blake with Cogs/Bonino and Gordon, and watch Dirk's reaction

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote