HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bull call leads to loss-4-3 TB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
  #401
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
We are not saying get rid of him like we did with Grabovski, Sergei, Perezhogin, O'Byrne, Lapierre, etc...

We are saying get something that will help us now and in the future. We are looking for a LONG TERM fix in our center/forward or defenseman units.

For example ...I'm not saying it's even doable but let's say you get offered:

Getlzaf
for
Price

Anaheim might be looking to shake things up like Philly was. Getlzaf has strugglerd. Would you do this?

or what about:

Getlzaf
Ryan
for
Price
Pacioretty

you have to listen to what's out there..you can't just go no no, not price, no...

What about calling Columbus and doing a deal around these pieces:

Rick Nash
Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

for

Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec
something

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
  #402
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
I had forgotten that Price is the only player on the ice.

Shame on Price for every single goal he ever let through.
I think Price is a good goalie, but he has blown a heck of alot of leads in the third period, this current version of the habs does not allow that many shots, no where near as many as Theodore use to face in 2002, or Halak in recent years, Price can't shut it down, thats why he suffers in the W column this season, is he the only problem no, but hes one of them. Hes been an average goalie this season, I'm still holding out for him to be great though and think it is a possiblility as he matures.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
  #403
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Yup Price bashers out in full force after a bad game. There was a big stretch when Price was phenomenal, yet we still lost majority of the games. The team around him is sad right now. Just tank it, Bad enough PG went and and got Kaberle to try and salvage the season. ffs, be sellers and build the right way this offseason.
The point is its OK to critize the goalie, every poster here has had their turn critizing the team. You know what when Price stands on his head and we lose 2-1 in a shoot out its a loss. when your team scores 3 goals and gives you a lead in the 3rd, protect it once in while, Price has been infamous this season allowing soft goals when in tight back and forth games, we rarely get the big save and that has cost our team to some point. The save percentage stat was created to allow a goalie on a bad team to still prove his worth, Is Price in the top 10 in the league in sv%? no. He is part of the problem.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
  #404
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Price is already top 10, easily, and close to top 5 and will be a top 3 in a few years when goalies hit their prime which is around 30.

LOL at Price being an average goalie comments. All the top goalies you think of where either backups, rookies, in the AHL or with worse stats at Price's age.

A little perspective when you anlayze players always help to judge them fairly. We are building a winner for in a few years. Price will probably top 3 in this league soon, why would we trade that?

I don't get some of you. Always looking for the quick fix. Trading Price would be the Habs biggest mistake since tarding Roy. Remember last time we tarded sucha good goalie?
To be fair to myself, I was being sarcastic.

I was just pointing out the silliness of saying that Price is just a solid goaltender, something this league is filled with, and then saying that we should exchange him for an ostensibly good #1 centre, of which the supply is not as strong.

The supply and demand lesson seems to have been skipped by many people in here.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:08 PM
  #405
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But the thing is he should not be exempt to be pointed. Which is what the defenders are doing. By saying he's not the problem, by saying that he's great, awesome, potential wise the greatest and all...they are not analysing his play this year. And I believe he is just at fault at some others in this team. You did name, I believe, players who did more for this team than Price did. And unfortunately, that's the freakin job of a goalie...to have more pressure and to literally steal games when his team doesn't deserve it. You know, the type of games we kept saying here about OTHER goalies? How many time have I heard by some that we were unlucky and on the wrong end of an incredible goalie performance. Yet, how many times have we said that we had no business of winning and Price totally saved the day? This year? Not a whole lot.

It is a freakin job to have. One of the most unfair job 'cause I believe coaching is worst. Yet, for some reasons, there are way more Price defenders than they were for any coaches we had in the past decade. Which for me can't be explain. Sure we can defend and bash the people who are saying to trade Price, to say that Price is just awful and really bad and all.....but what people are wrongfully doing is that they are going to the extreme, by saying that it's not his fault, that he's the least of our problems and all....For me, RIGHT NOW, he's part of our problems. I'm sorry, but as a player, I don't feel that my goalie is on top of this world right now. So my play might change or be more hesitant.

I also question Pierre Groulx's work in this. I'm no goalie expert, but why that freakin way of being always incredibly square to the shot. I believe that's Price sole and only goal. Which in the end makes him totally off when a shot is slightly deflected. The kid just doesn't believe in his reflexes right now. And it's frustrating to see that with the size he has, that he can be totally deported from one to another with no chance of stopping some shots like that. Needless to say, how many games have we lost in shootouts again? Yes, not entirely his fault we have to do something like scoring....I know. But he stops 1 or 2 more and we make a mistake and end up scoring with our 4th and 5th attempt. So what is it? Players too stress 'cause their goalie can't stop a shot? Or our goalie too stress 'cause its players can't score on empty nets? Which, again, makes me believe he's not MORE to be at fault but sometimes just as equally. Add the fact that we keep talking about him ALREADY being a franchise and incredible top 5 goalie. Add the fact that the organization treated him as such by sending away 2 goalies. And by picking a goalie when we thought we were fine in that departement. And here goes the expectations. We didn't create them. We were force to. So again, I don't get why we can't be solely more critical than just "It's never his fault" type of attitude. He needs to be accountable. And somehow you have the feeling that he's more accountable towards himself than some in this board are for him.
Where I see a problem is that both side exaggerate in order to defend their opinion.
Price hasn't stolen a lot of games for us, I can agree, but in no way does this mean he's been bad.
Sometimes it is his fault, but when people start to put more blame on Price than on Cole for that 4th goal, or for not seeing the puck on the 3rd goal, then you're left wondering just how much accountability some people are putting on him.

The whole team is very fragile and simply doesn't play well when leading. Price is no exception. His shootout losses were little free points we could have had, but even if he'd have been as good as last year, I'm not convinced we'd be in a PO spot.

So yea, Price hasn't been super, he hasn't been bad either, but where's most of our forwards? what's up with the defense? the PP?...

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
  #406
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
To be fair to myself, I was being sarcastic.

I was just pointing out the silliness of saying that Price is just a solid goaltender, something this league is filled with, and then saying that we should exchange him for an ostensibly good #1 centre, of which the supply is not as strong.

The supply and demand lesson seems to have been skipped by many people in here.
Problem is I don't think any goalie in the world can get you a top center. That's where their value stands in the NHL.
Sorry for miss reading your post.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
  #407
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Why trade Getzlaf for Price when Getzlaf is playing like **** in Anaheim right now surrounded by Ryan and Perry. What's he going to do in Montreal, then we're ****ed because we have Budaj. What happens after that? We trade more people to get a good goalie back in return?

Hard to take you seriously when 90% of your posts sound like "lol Price sucks, lol you people think he's good, lol he only has a reputation because he was chosen top 5 lolololol"

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
  #408
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Price is our best player.

I dont care if he had a bad game. He will bounce back and if this team can play like they did in the last two games they will start winning again

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:38 PM
  #409
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
This thread is pretty sad. It seems after every loss, a great majority of people on here look for one person to blame and put the tnire loss on. It's so frigging annoying how bipolar and fickle some people are. Price is not great (yet) but he's a very very good goalie. He keeps us in most games while logging the more minutes than any other goalie in the league over the last 1 1/2 years. Not to mention he plays on a team that does not score. Why isn't Price playing as good as last year? You might want to ask Hamrlik and Spacek that. The D was far better. How many times do you hear that Gill sucks, Campoli sucks, Subban sucks, Diaz sucks???? Yet Price is supposed to stand on his head. You can't have it both ways.

Who are the top goalies in the league? Lundqvist, Thomas, Rinne. Have you watched these guys for long periods of times? Yes, even they let in bad goals. How many softies has Thomas let in against us? It happens. Why compare Price to goalies who have far better teams, defenses and goal support? Furthermore, who do you expect to replace Price with? Don't just say Price sucks and should be traded. Give me a replacement who will be better.

Lastly, why is there no outrage over the botched calls last night? Any other frigging team and this would be all over the news. People say the Habs get the benefit of calls, I think it's quite the opposite. There's so much disgust for Montreal in the hockey world that people couldn't care less if we get jobbed or not.

I really hope the Habs made a stink about this but I doubt it. Ho hum organizations never win. The "turn the other cheek" ho hum mentality that runs through this organization is disappointing.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
  #410
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I may be wrong, but I think that if every goalie in the NHL could be this square to the shots as well as Carey can be, they would all do it. The way Price plays, it makes the shooters job extremely hard. Scoring on a deflection requires luck, and that's a factor that's almost impossible to deal with. If a deflection is meant to go by a goalie, it will. There's almost nothing a goalie can do but be well positioned and hope it hits him.

To say that Price doesn't use his reflexes is just plain wrong. Every game he makes saves that are out of pure reflexes. He did a spectacular, last second save in Winnipeg earlier this weak. Last night, I remember him diving to the other end of his net in pure desperation and stopping a save. He has amazing reflexes and he uses them.

The way he plays was perfect for Martin's system because the defense was so tight, it was very hard to score on him since he was always so perfectly positioned and so were his defensemen. How can you expect him to stop goals like the first one though? That shot could have gone by any goalie. Some would've saved it out of pure luck. Price never saw the deflection. But that's the nature of the goalie position... If you can't see a shot because of the traffic, odds are, you won't stop it.

I'll take Price's style any day of the week. I'd rather he plays as square as he does, reducing the chances of "normal" play to succeed, over playing differently in the hopes of maybe stopping flubbers or deflections. A goalie focusing his style and efforts in trying to stop the shots he has very little chances of stopping makes no sense.

I think the biggest difference right now is the change of coach and the way his defensemen have been playing under Cunneyworth. Price is playing the same way he always has, and we really shouldn't want him to change his style. He's one of the few that has the focus, the talent and the speed to move around so well. He makes everything look easy. He's doing his job on this team. Last night was an anomaly for him. Let's not judge his season based on this one game.
Never said he wasn't using his reflexes. But that he doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in it. And the proof is in the shootouts. That's mainly a reflex session. Needless to say he's not the greatest at it.

As far as his style, well again, I think there's some work to be done. To say that every goalie would do what he's doing is, AGAIN, raising the bar as if Price is the model for everybody which is exactly the reason why we might have higher expectations. Still believe Price moves too much. Compare to Lundqvist for example. Or when Miller was succeeding. Not a whole lot of movement in front of the net compared to Price. Again, not saying you should NEVER be square to the shot. But maybe everytime isn't the right approach and reading the play better might help. Though this come with experience. An experience we would have gladly understood if he would not have been put in the situation he was put in.

I mean, at one point, we all understand that using young guys, it comes with ups and downs. Reason why you have an experienced D-line to cope with the Subban and Emelin of this world. Reason why you deal with the rookies up front. Why wouldn't it be different for the toughest jog in hockey? Why wouldn't you take a little more time and accompany this great rookie with an experienced vet?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
  #411
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So yea, Price hasn't been super, he hasn't been bad either, but where's most of our forwards? what's up with the defense? the PP?...
Bad. Extremely bad. Awful. But there was TONS of threads for that already. We keep bashing them over and over and over again. You'd think that we could give a thread or 2 to Price. Only that for me.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:58 PM
  #412
HeShootsHeScores
Registered User
 
HeShootsHeScores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Price is our best player.

I dont care if he had a bad game. He will bounce back and if this team can play like they did in the last two games they will start winning again
I agree. This team is just a little bit of confidence away of being really good.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:48 PM
  #413
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,365
vCash: 50
look Price didn't have the best game but you can't expect him to be great all the time

look at some of our forwards they haven't played great too.

Price is the only thing keeping from being worse then the canes

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:53 PM
  #414
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Just tuned in to see that there is actually a discussion about trading Price (even if for some perceived equal value). This board has had it's share of insanity, but this year, some of the ideas suck more than the team.

Price lets in 1 bad goal and it's time to consider trading him. What's the most important position in hockey and particularly for the Montreal Canadiens. We lost Roy and guess what, we got his replacement back. Yes, that's right, with the same equivalent team, Price is just as good (to take nothing away from Roy) and he IS the saviour. Just sayin, we FINALLY reverse the worst trade in our history and people want to trade the one guy who can singlehandedly win us a Cup if we put the right team in front of him...

Tough loss in TB and it's past the point of it being a learning experience, but COME ON. In fact I thought we played a great game. Patches needs to bury one, otherwise we're fine. Gionta, please return.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
  #415
durojean
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
My problem with price is that our team seemed to have a lot of good micro stats... One of the best pk puck possession shot on goal hits and etc. But when we lose it's everybody's fault except the goaltender.

Price is a good goalie but i'm not sure he is a clutch goalie.

I think i'm more pissed at the fact that he seems to always get a free pass and that it never seem to be his fault when the team lose.

I'd just like him to be clutch

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:10 PM
  #416
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Where I see a problem is that both side exaggerate in order to defend their opinion.
Price hasn't stolen a lot of games for us, I can agree, but in no way does this mean he's been bad.
Sometimes it is his fault, but when people start to put more blame on Price than on Cole for that 4th goal, or for not seeing the puck on the 3rd goal, then you're left wondering just how much accountability some people are putting on him.

The whole team is very fragile and simply doesn't play well when leading. Price is no exception. His shootout losses were little free points we could have had, but even if he'd have been as good as last year, I'm not convinced we'd be in a PO spot.

So yea, Price hasn't been super, he hasn't been bad either, but where's most of our forwards? what's up with the defense? the PP?...
This post makes way too much sense to be posted here..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
  #417
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
My problem with price is that our team seemed to have a lot of good micro stats... One of the best pk puck possession shot on goal hits and etc.
Agreed that he hasn't been at his best all season (mainly the first 7-8 games of the season ) but just wanted to point out that our microstats have gone way way down in the last 20 games or so. I remember reading somewhere that we had something like a 42% Corsi in that span, that's legitimately terrible.

Just went and found the article, I had already posted it somewhere but it's very good if you're into stats. Also good if you're on the tank train.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/1...ook-at-us-now/

Edit: Just saw this on my twitter feed and it made me laugh.


@coreypronmanCorey Pronman

B/c some scouts dont understand market values. "@woodgrov: Watching Campbell & thinking, why would any team use a top 15 pick on a goalie?

Followed by:

@coreypronmanCorey Pronman

Fleury was not, and that's cherry picking. RT @bradyfan590: @coreypronman Working out well for MA Fleury, Price & Luongo was worth the pick.

Find it funny that the Cup winning one is the one that isn't considered worth the pick by scouts. (Probably as a lot to do in the draft in wich Fleury was picked but if I remember well the 2005 one was pretty good)


Last edited by EllertoKostitsynGoal: 12-30-2011 at 05:19 PM.
EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
  #418
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad. Extremely bad. Awful. But there was TONS of threads for that already. We keep bashing them over and over and over again. You'd think that we could give a thread or 2 to Price. Only that for me.
But why?
Are we that pathetic that we need to criticize every little aspect of this team?
The offense, the defense, the coach, the goalie. What next? If we allow goals on the PK in the next two games will we bash the PK?

I don't see the point in criticizing Price. It's not like he's been bad. I feel his performance is similar to Plekanec's. Not terrific but not bad at all either.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM
  #419
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
But why?
Are we that pathetic that we need to criticize every little aspect of this team?
The offense, the defense, the coach, the goalie. What next? If we allow goals on the PK in the next two games will we bash the PK?

I don't see the point in criticizing Price. It's not like he's been bad. I feel his performance is similar to Plekanec's. Not terrific but not bad at all either.
No we are not. The team is. Geez Kriss, you've already named everybody who sucks but Price. Seems to me you are also criticizing almost every aspect of the team. I'm not blaming Cole. Not blaming Desharnais. Not Gorges. Moen had a good scoring touch at first. So there are good things....but we are freakin 13th. Pretty sure it's easier to find something negative than positive. And Plekanec, well, again, maybe not entirely his fault, but his overall play has been subpar. I think you're mixing being criticized with being named as the sole responsible of our season. So if Price can't be criticize, if Pleks can't.....I'd like to know who gain that right to be bashed right now? 'Cause it is not going well. And we've alredy used injuries and luck to explain it.

Yet, I can do my share of cutting the blame in half. As a matter of fact, I can only keep 2 names.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM
  #420
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just tuned in to see that there is actually a discussion about trading Price (even if for some perceived equal value). This board has had it's share of insanity, but this year, some of the ideas suck more than the team.

Price lets in 1 bad goal and it's time to consider trading him. What's the most important position in hockey and particularly for the Montreal Canadiens. We lost Roy and guess what, we got his replacement back. Yes, that's right, with the same equivalent team, Price is just as good (to take nothing away from Roy) and he IS the saviour. Just sayin, we FINALLY reverse the worst trade in our history and people want to trade the one guy who can singlehandedly win us a Cup if we put the right team in front of him...

Tough loss in TB and it's past the point of it being a learning experience, but COME ON. In fact I thought we played a great game. Patches needs to bury one, otherwise we're fine. Gionta, please return.
well I agree that some of the posts are as bad as the team, but this one is no different.
comparing Price to Roy. yikes

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
  #421
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,804
vCash: 500
I think this is being debated way too much, the bottom line is, the second goal for TB was a weak one that swung the momentum to their side and they were able to capitalize on 2 more chances and the Habs lose. Carey Price moved on the instant he turned on his ipod and thats how it has to be, he is after all human and will learn from this loss and try to be better. The team is using young player in place of injured and under achieving vets, thats what this board wanted, the org fired the coach, thats what this board wanted. be careful what you wish for, sometimes it is better the devil you know then the devil you don't.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:21 PM
  #422
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
My problem with price is that our team seemed to have a lot of good micro stats... One of the best pk puck possession shot on goal hits and etc. But when we lose it's everybody's fault except the goaltender.

Price is a good goalie but i'm not sure he is a clutch goalie.

I think i'm more pissed at the fact that he seems to always get a free pass and that it never seem to be his fault when the team lose.

I'd just like him to be clutch
I've been in here defending Price because some people are legitimately arguing that he's a terrible goalie and we should trade him, but if you look at my first post in this thread I admitted Price was brutal last night. I have no problem blaming Price when it's deserved, but it blows my mind any Montreal fan would even consider the possibility of trading him.

He's won at literally every level he's played in, I have no problem believing he'll do it again at the NHL level.

Quote:
He is the only goaltender in hockey history to be named CHL Goaltender of the Year, World Junior Championship's tournament MVP and win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy all in the same year. He is also the only goaltender in hockey history to win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy the same year as playing junior.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
  #423
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
We are not saying get rid of him like we did with Grabovski, Sergei, Perezhogin, O'Byrne, Lapierre, etc...

We are saying get something that will help us now and in the future. We are looking for a LONG TERM fix in our center/forward or defenseman units.

For example ...I'm not saying it's even doable but let's say you get offered:

Getlzaf
for
Price

Anaheim might be looking to shake things up like Philly was. Getlzaf has strugglerd. Would you do this?

or what about:

Getlzaf
Ryan
for
Price
Pacioretty

you have to listen to what's out there..you can't just go no no, not price, no...

What about calling Columbus and doing a deal around these pieces:

Rick Nash
Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

for

Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec
something
No thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
My problem with price is that our team seemed to have a lot of good micro stats... One of the best pk puck possession shot on goal hits and etc. But when we lose it's everybody's fault except the goaltender.

Price is a good goalie but i'm not sure he is a clutch goalie.

I think i'm more pissed at the fact that he seems to always get a free pass and that it never seem to be his fault when the team lose.

I'd just like him to be clutch
Those would be the same microstats that kept predicting we'd be great offensively right? Strange how we had great microstats last year and this year and yet we continue to be bottom 3rd in scoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
well I agree that some of the posts are as bad as the team, but this one is no different.
comparing Price to Roy. yikes
There's only one Patrick Roy.

Oddly enough though, I remember people talking about trading him away back before he won his 2nd cup too.


Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 12-30-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
  #424
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No we are not. The team is. Geez Kriss, you've already named everybody who sucks but Price. Seems to me you are also criticizing almost every aspect of the team. I'm not blaming Cole. Not blaming Desharnais. Not Gorges. Moen had a good scoring touch at first. So there are good things....but we are freakin 13th. Pretty sure it's easier to find something negative than positive. And Plekanec, well, again, maybe not entirely his fault, but his overall play has been subpar. I think you're mixing being criticized with being named as the sole responsible of our season. So if Price can't be criticize, if Pleks can't.....I'd like to know who gain that right to be bashed right now? 'Cause it is not going well. And we've alredy used injuries and luck to explain it.

Yet, I can do my share of cutting the blame in half. As a matter of fact, I can only keep 2 names.....
Criticize those that are not playing close to what they should.
Plekanec is on pace for a more productive year than his last. He's having a pretty decent year, above subpar imo.
Price is playing average. Both of them could do better, but in no way are they the reason for our struggle. Doesn't mean they can't make mistakes or have bad stretches. As I said, when I read that he's to blame on the 3rd or 4th goal, then I dont think people are fairly criticizing him. Just like I think it is stupid to criticize Plekanec for losing face offs at the end of the game.

Why is there a need to criticize everything? I don't think Price deserves much of it, or Plek, because they are still playing well enough to help us. When a player stops actually helping on a consistent basis, then I understand. Not the case with either of them yet.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:09 PM
  #425
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
well I agree that some of the posts are as bad as the team, but this one is no different.
comparing Price to Roy. yikes
Maybe I didn't make it clear. He obviously hasn't won cups, etc., but this team went down the tubes starting with the loss of Patrick Roy. Then came the dark ages. Then came a glint of hope in Theo, then we get the real deal. He's the goalie Montreal deserves. Comparing him to Roy in that sense, i.e. the potential to be the best goalie in the league and win us a cup. PS. Roy has let in tons of bad goals, but he got it done. Then again, the league wasn't so divorced of parity and he has the teams and the '93 luck to take us all the way. No goalie we've had since Roy can I say I have full confidence in except Carey. We need offence, defence, our goalie situation is perfect.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.