HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Article about PK Subban

Old
12-30-2011, 05:39 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

vCash: 500
Article about PK Subban

I was looking for a great article about the habs regressing play this season and, while went looking for it, I saw a good one about Pk Subban's rollercoaster season.
Since there isn't a PK appreciation thread in sight around here I tought I would make a thread so people could see it.

Might help putting things into perspective, in Montreal we are really good at making players gods in their first season only to call them overrated bust the second they are anything slightly less than perfect once the honeymoon is over. But, as a team that needs a retool, we should realise how lucky we are to already have such a huge building block for the future.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/1...-pernell-karl/

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:53 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Yep. People forget that he's playing top pairing minutes, he's played on the PP and on the PK. He plays against the Crosby's, Giroux's, Ovechkin's, etc. They forget that he's only 22 playing in arguably the toughest market in all of sports. They forget that teams actually gameplan and key in on him. They forget that he is a high risk, high reward player and offensive dmen have a lot of turnovers. Markov the "God" on here had a lot of turnovers but it was expected since he played a more offensive game. Granted, Markov was better deffensively, but Andrei was nowhere near where PK is now when he was 22.

PK and Price are the future, I don't know why some fans here have them in trade proposals. It's ridiculous.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
We should trade him in a package deal with Price.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:09 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
The question is who do we get in return: Redden or Bouwmeester ?

Old
12-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Habbadasher

I'll take Redden!

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
phoque taupe

Dipietro maybe

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
TripleLow5

That hat is gorgeous and I want one.
Everyone has hate for Subban because he's GOOD.. even if he is playing not up to par(best) Come back in 5 years and I'm sure he will be rated much higher.

TripleLow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Evil Ted

The guy is our top defender pretty much or in the top paring often. Its funny because people bash him a lot especially fans of other teams they don't know how important he really is even if hes having a "regression" type season. The habs could fetch something really good in return for this guy in a trade he is the real deal.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Price and Subban for Giguere and Beauchemin!

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Price and Subban for Giguere and Beauchemin!
Don't be stupid. We need a big center. Lecavalier for those two!!

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Don't be stupid. We need a big center. Lecavalier for those two!!
Better throw in Eller too, at 6'2'' people might get confused as to who our big center is.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
neofury*

How about Price + 2nd for Dipiertro + 1st and then Subban + 2nd for Bogosian + 1st Then that bum Subban won't be saving our team anymore!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I was following TB's GDT last game and they were trashing Subban for diving (even though he didn't dive that game and I find that people complaining about his "diving" is overkill) yet when Malone jumped like a little girl when Subban tapped him with his stick there was nothing wrong with that.

He's drawn the attention of other teams because we pimped him up so much and now they try to make it seem as if he's the biggest diver in the game and they will hammer him for anything he does wrong but he's actually a very good player for us. He makes mistakes but he's still playing some strong D. He makes some mistakes but he's usually able to skate back and cover up for his blunders, which is exactly what we want in a player like that. He's an offensive D-man who's always going to be playing a risky game, so what we want is someone who can clean up their own messes and he usually does that.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
for the entire blue jackets franchise?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Yep. People forget that he's playing top pairing minutes, he's played on the PP and on the PK. He plays against the Crosby's, Giroux's, Ovechkin's, etc. They forget that he's only 22 playing in arguably the toughest market in all of sports. They forget that teams actually gameplan and key in on him. They forget that he is a high risk, high reward player and offensive dmen have a lot of turnovers. Markov the "God" on here had a lot of turnovers but it was expected since he played a more offensive game. Granted, Markov was better deffensively, but Andrei was nowhere near where PK is now when he was 22.

PK and Price are the future, I don't know why some fans here have them in trade proposals. It's ridiculous.
Dallas as a football market says hi.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Better throw in Eller too, at 6'2'' people might get confused as to who our big center is.
Let's not go crazy here, if we throw in Eller, they better add Bergeron !!!!!

Know what's scary about not knowing if management want to sell? I could actually see them thinking this is a good trade. L'antichambre would praise that one for sure.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I was following TB's GDT last game and they were trashing Subban for diving (even though he didn't dive that game and I find that people complaining about his "diving" is overkill) yet when Malone jumped like a little girl when Subban tapped him with his stick there was nothing wrong with that.

He's drawn the attention of other teams because we pimped him up so much and now they try to make it seem as if he's the biggest diver in the game and they will hammer him for anything he does wrong but he's actually a very good player for us. He makes mistakes but he's still playing some strong D. He makes some mistakes but he's usually able to skate back and cover up for his blunders, which is exactly what we want in a player like that. He's an offensive D-man who's always going to be playing a risky game, so what we want is someone who can clean up their own messes and he usually does that.
All it takes is for a couple of people to complain about "diving" and then you build a reputation for it. He also plays for the Habs who have a reputation for being the only team in the league that dives. It is what it is. This will follow him throughout his career and it's a shame.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Dallas as a football market says hi.
Nope. And I guess you missed the "arguably" part of my sentence.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Belso

Quote:
Ya they are trouble makers and separating the locker room. Maybe The Habs can get a good deal like they got for Rebeiro, Sergei Kostitsyn, Grabovski.. Who did we get in return for those guys again? Must have been good..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:45 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Ya they are trouble makers and separating the locker room. Maybe The Habs can get a good deal like they got for Rebeiro, Sergei Kostitsyn, Grabovski.. Who did we get in return for those guys again? Must have been good..
I'll honestly be scared till I know where they stand. Stupid Subban and Eller trade rumors, I should stop looking at my twitter feed.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
All it takes is for a couple of people to complain about "diving" and then you build a reputation for it. He also plays for the Habs who have a reputation for being the only team in the league that dives. It is what it is. This will follow him throughout his career and it's a shame.
Unfortunately he created much of this on his own. He has dove on multiple occasions and tbh I was getting sick of it myself.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:08 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Unfortunately he created much of this on his own. He has dove on multiple occasions and tbh I was getting sick of it myself.
I've never seen a "diver" get this much attention, that's for sure. I mean, him getting called out by players with hurt feelings and a senile old hack on CBC were his doing as well? Created stories about how much of a distraction he is in the locker room.

Does PK embellish? Of course he does. But not to the point where the criticism he receives is deserved.

People have a pack mentality. They can't think for themselves. They need to be told who to like/hate and how to think. You can see it with the dumb crap people say about PK.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
I've never seen a "diver" get this much attention, that's for sure. I mean, him getting called out by players with hurt feelings and a senile old hack on CBC were his doing as well? Created stories about how much of a distraction he is in the locker room.

Does PK embellish? Of course he does. But not to the point where the criticism he receives is deserved.

People have a pack mentality. They can't think for themselves. They need to be told who to like/hate and how to think. You can see it with the dumb crap people say about PK.
I don't disagree with most of what you said, but to me, there is an element of truth to what they say. He contributed to the criticisms by diving. He has done it a lot too, I'm not overly critical o PK, I love him and think he's great, but the diving thing he has had a hand in this imo. Stop diving and the reputation will go away.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I don't disagree with most of what you said, but to me, there is an element of truth to what they say. He contributed to the criticisms by diving. He has done it a lot too, I'm not overly critical o PK, I love him and think he's great, but the diving thing he has had a hand in this imo. Stop diving and the reputation will go away.
You're right...he dives and I don't like it either, but I see it from other players as well, but no one seems to care much about it.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Great One

Quote:
You're right...he dives and I don't like it either, but I see it from other players as well, but no one seems to care much about it.

This is defintely not true. Subban do get some attention around the league for diving mostly because he does it more than alot of other players, but to say no one cares when other players does it is just incorrect. Take the Canucks for example. If you had a poll for the biggest divers in the league I guarantee Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler, and the Sedins would all rank above Subban.

I will agree that alot of Subban's actions get noticed more though, mainly because Montreal is such a large market with more media coverage, but also because PK was hyped so much before he even played a full season in the NHL. Almost enough that he was kinda thrown in our faces which is also why he is deemed overrated. This on top of the fact that the Canadiens are the type of franchise that you either love or despise, just adds fuel to the fire whenever Subban does something questionable.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote