HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The future of Mats Zuccarello

Old
12-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
And Hagelin has scored more NHL goals in overwhelmingly less games. Including short handed.
Lol, who am I to disagree with you, right? You beind ones of those people that seem to have whole lot of opinions but still do not bother to watch the games.
Have I said MZA should be in the big leauges instead of Hageling? No.
Did I say people make statements without knowing what they are talking about? yes.
I am sure you know MzA both played center, RW and LW this year. And PK as well as PP. Right?

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't think he has a future with our organization. Either he's traded by the deadline or he goes back to Europe after the season.
There is no question you are right, its one or the other. Hopefully he is traded, Norway being a leading wintersports nation needs a high profile hockey player.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Nope i can not, and I never said that. How could anyone say that? Haglin has been a huge success and a great call up.
What I am saying is that there is a ******** of so called "experts" claiming to know what is going and with the NYR prospects and they have no clue because they are too cheap to buy a AHL game.
And i don't understand how you can make such an expert opinion.

Are you a professional scout, coach, gm, etc?

Chad Kolarik has been one of the highest scoring AHL point getters for a couple years now and is a fringe NHL player at best. Management doesn't look at only points when evaluating who will be successful in the NHL.

I can't say i watch Zucc every game, but obviously, if he wasn't a callup behind Mitchell and Hagelin then he is lacking something. Whether its toughness, speed, size, etc, i don't know. With the team we are putting/have put together, I trust there judgements far more than someone who thinks he should be called up and given a chance over a proven NHL'r like Feds.

And if you think Zucc should be in over Rupp then you just don't understand the way hockey is played on the ice. Go re-watch the last minute of today's game. Rupp brings protection, isn't completely unskilled, is a huge veteran presence and has won a cup and been parts of some very good Pens and Devils teams.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post

Chad Kolarik has been one of the highest scoring AHL point getters for a couple years now and is a fringe NHL player at best. Management doesn't look at only points when evaluating who will be successful in the NHL.

I can't say i watch Zucc every game, but obviously, if he wasn't a callup behind Mitchell and Hagelin then he is lacking something. Whether its toughness, speed, size, etc, i don't know. With the team we are putting/have put together, I trust there judgements far more than someone who thinks he should be called up and given a chance over a proven NHL'r like Feds.

And if you think Zucc should be in over Rupp then you just don't understand the way hockey is played on the ice. Go re-watch the last minute of today's game. Rupp brings protection, isn't completely unskilled, is a huge veteran presence and has won a cup and been parts of some very good Pens and Devils teams.
Dude, get a grip. The topic was "the future of MZA" and I said he should be a NHL player. Still never said he should be up on the behald of anyone on this team. Never said he should replace Feds or Rupp. What I did say, was that he is a legit top 6 on A TEAM in the NHL depending on their style of play. Also I said that people on this board is too busy promoting their own favorites players to see what best for the team (see the whole continuing Avery discussion).
Did I say Zucc should be on the team instead of Hagelin? No. I said he has a better PPG than Hageling in the Whale.
Did I say he should be in for Feds? no.
Did I say he should be in for Rupp? no.

What I said is that there is a lot of people making unqualified judgement on players they have not seem play.

Expert opinion? Im sorry, all I did was pay $ 6.99 or whatever to watch the game.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:50 PM
danman1202

trade bait. He can play in the nhl

danman1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:51 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Lol, who am I to disagree with you, right? You beind ones of those people that seem to have whole lot of opinions but still do not bother to watch the games.
Have I said MZA should be in the big leauges instead of Hageling? No.
Did I say people make statements without knowing what they are talking about? yes.
I am sure you know MzA both played center, RW and LW this year. And PK as well as PP. Right?
Let me put it to you in layman's terms.

Zuccarello no do those things in NHL.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

I think what Zucc is lacking is Tort's "trust." He just doesn't feel comfortable putting a player like Zucc out there with the defensively responsible system we play and the success we are having. He just isn't the prototypical forward that has now become our benchmark this season. I'm sure there's a place for him somewhere in the league.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Let me put it to you in layman's terms.

Zuccarello no do those things in NHL.
And this is your opinion because you watched him play the 3 sucky first games of the season? There is no way he developed since those games?
Or the team? Please remind me how many points the TEAM got in those games, and how many they got since then.

Last edited by Hellion: 12-30-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old
12-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I think what Zucc is lacking is Tort's "trust." He just doesn't feel comfortable putting a player like Zucc out there with the defensively responsible system we play and the success we are having. He just isn't the prototypical forward that has now become our benchmark this season. I'm sure there's a place for him somewhere in the league.
Exactly, he could be scoring goals all season long and still not be called up because he is not a "fit". That would be why Hagelin was called up and Mats wasnt. Simple as that.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:03 PM
VancouverCanuck
Vancouver's Finest

IM loving the debate. Great insight. Keep it going so I can have something to read later =P

VancouverCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Dude, get a grip. The topic was "the future of MZA" and I said he should be a NHL player. Still never said he should be up on the behald of anyone on this team. Never said he should replace Feds or Rupp. What I did say, was that he is a legit top 6 on A TEAM in the NHL depending on their style of play. Also I said that people on this board is too busy promoting their own favorites players to see what best for the team (see the whole continuing Avery discussion).
Did I say Zucc should be on the team instead of Hagelin? No. I said he has a better PPG than Hageling in the Whale.
Did I say he should be in for Feds? no.
Did I say he should be in for Rupp? no.

What I said is that there is a lot of people making unqualified judgement on players they have not seem play.

Expert opinion? Im sorry, all I did was pay $ 6.99 or whatever to watch the game.
This was your response to the guy who said that he wanted Zuc in over Feds or Rupp

Quote:
He is better than both.
That would imply you think he should be playing over Rupp and Feds, would it not?

Old
12-30-2011, 10:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
And this is your opinion because you watched him play the 3 sucky first games of the season? There is no way he developed since those games?
Zuccarello has not done those things in the NHL.

Tortorella, who has won a Stanley Cup and has his team at the top of the league, does NOT trust Zuccarello in any way shape or form, to skate a regular shift, let alone kill penalties or be on the ice in any critical game situation.

Its not MY opinion.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Or the team? Please remind me how many points the TEAM got in those games, and how many they got since then.
You're not making your case any better.

"The team was crap while he was here.

And since he left, the team is on top of the league."

Not helping your cause.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

I'm much more interested in the future of the Rangers.

I still resent the obsession over this guy who has done nothing.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
That would imply you think he should be playing over Rupp and Feds, would it not?
That would be me saying MZA is a better player than Feds and WW. I think he is better than Feds and toughter than WW. Its obvious that Torts system does not support that, but for me id wish for less grid and more skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achene
I desperately hope he replaces either Wolski or Fedotenko.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i think we still have RFA rights so he will most likely get traded and do very well for the team the gets him. Detroit?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
You're not making your case any better.

"The team was crap while he was here.

And since he left, the team is on top of the league."

Not helping your cause.
I guess you do not agree the whole team played like **** the 3 first games then

Old
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I'm much more interested in the future of the Rangers.

I still resent the obsession over this guy who has done nothing.
Thats why you prefer to discuss Avery? I am sorry, a young MZA is much more relevant than an Avery about to be putting his skates away for good

Old
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
That would be me saying MZA is a better player than Feds and WW. I think he is better than Feds and toughter than WW. Its obvious that Torts system does not support that, but for me id wish for less grid and more skill.
I don't understand how you think he's a better player than feds, yet shouldn't replace him in the lineup.

Seems like a complete contradiction to me.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
i think we still have RFA rights so he will most likely get traded and do very well for the team the gets him. Detroit?
Detroit would be an alternative being one of the teams that wanted to sign him in the first place.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
I don't understand how you think he's a better player than feds, yet shouldn't replace him in the lineup.

Seems like a complete contradiction to me.
What I am saying is that he is more skilled player, but in Torts system he is a worse fit. Torts worships grinders, not skilled players. Simple, ey?
You do watch the games and understand what Torts is looking for, right?

Old
12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Thats why you prefer to discuss Avery? I am sorry, a young MZA is much more relevant than an Avery about to be putting his skates away for good
Like him or not, Avery has won games and busted his ass for the Rangers on many occasions. Zuccarello has done nothing except scored a few shootout goals.

Maybe Avery has no future with the Rangers but he has had a past. Zuccarello has neither.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Zuccarello has not done those things in the NHL.

Tortorella, who has won a Stanley Cup and has his team at the top of the league, does NOT trust Zuccarello in any way shape or form, to skate a regular shift, let alone kill penalties or be on the ice in any critical game situation.

Its not MY opinion.
Man, you know how to argure.
I never said Torts was wrong, I said Torts is going a different direction and that MZA should be able to grab a top 6 SOMEWHERE in the NHL and SHOULD BE TRADED.
In Torts system there is no place for him, Torts wants players with different qualities.
My point was to the poster that probably never saw a Whale game (same probably goes for you), MZA has been used in all situations in the Whale (which you would know if you saw the games).

Old
12-30-2011, 10:35 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

You presume to tell a coach with his name on the Stanley Cup and who has his current team at the top of the league, how to run his "system".

By the way, the "system" hasn't stopped Gaborik from leading the league in goals, or Del Zotto from being among the league leaders among defensemen.

Maybe the real issue is you don't know what a "system" actually is?

Old
12-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Like him or not, Avery has won games and busted his ass for the Rangers on many occasions. Zuccarello has done nothing except scored a few shootout goals.

Maybe Avery has no future with the Rangers but he has had a past. Zuccarello has neither.
MZA never won a game for NYR? lol, dude go back to your Avery worhip thread