HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bull call leads to loss-4-3 TB

Old
12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
What's with Randy's love for Plekanec?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
wtf are you talking about with MVP voting.

MVP = Most valuable player

Whos the MVP in this team, freaking Carey Price and no one is close to even get the title.

and Carey is a top 5 MVP in the NHL, because he has no team in front of him. Just like Malkin is carrying Pittsburgh without Crosby.

And ur a fool saying Price isnt a top 5 goalie in the league. Stop looking at stats.

Thomas
Rinne
Lundqvist
Price / Miller
Quick / Fleury

but yeah, Blindfold by the fact price isnt carrying this ****** team eh!
Actually I would say Cole is our MVP so far this year. He's having a career year, amid all this ****. What a waste. Cole is superb and I wish we had his buddy Staal playing with him too.

Come on guys, no one is saying Carey is ****, just that he's having an average to good year, and letting in some goals when we need him to shut the door.

I bet Carey would be the first guy to admit that too. The guy is a pro, a superb athlete, and he knows he can do better.

The reason guys like me bring him up is not that we hate him, it's that jeez, with everything else going wrong, it hurts to see CP struggling right now.

Man, dark times. I hate every single game the Habs lose, all of them. Always have. Even the 8, yes: 8! losses in 76-77 hurt. I'm not kidding.

What makes it worse for many of us is that now we kind of hope that Habs finish bottom 5. I don't like to hope this, and none of us do, but it would help the Habs.

How disgusting that all of us now may hope the Habs will lose. I don't think any guy on this board wants that. It's a total drag. But it's the reality.

Happy new year to all of you guys, and to the Habs: I will never stop supporting any guy who wears the CH, ever. I hope the new year is better for all of them.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:06 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Never said he wasn't using his reflexes. But that he doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in it. And the proof is in the shootouts. That's mainly a reflex session. Needless to say he's not the greatest at it.

As far as his style, well again, I think there's some work to be done. To say that every goalie would do what he's doing is, AGAIN, raising the bar as if Price is the model for everybody which is exactly the reason why we might have higher expectations. Still believe Price moves too much. Compare to Lundqvist for example. Or when Miller was succeeding. Not a whole lot of movement in front of the net compared to Price. Again, not saying you should NEVER be square to the shot. But maybe everytime isn't the right approach and reading the play better might help. Though this come with experience. An experience we would have gladly understood if he would not have been put in the situation he was put in.

I mean, at one point, we all understand that using young guys, it comes with ups and downs. Reason why you have an experienced D-line to cope with the Subban and Emelin of this world. Reason why you deal with the rookies up front. Why wouldn't it be different for the toughest jog in hockey? Why wouldn't you take a little more time and accompany this great rookie with an experienced vet?
You know goal tending I can tell.

I played nets for ten years, and I love goalies, all of them.

Goalie in hockey is the most difficult and athletic position in the world of sports.

I think some you guys forget the basics of goal tending: Stop the damn puck!

Yes, face the shooter aggressively, cover your angle, protect the post. Get up get up when you go down.

But when all hell breaks loose, style will not help. MOVE! Stop the puck! Do anything to stop that damn puck!

That's when it's all strength, will and reflex, and that's what a goalie really is.

I think CP is forgetting that amid all this pro coaching stuff.

He knows all the basics, he's a pro goalie. Now MOVE man! Eat the damn puck! At the end of the day, THAT'S goal tending!

CP needs to relax and be a goalie again. I think that's the ticket.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just tuned in to see that there is actually a discussion about trading Price (even if for some perceived equal value). This board has had it's share of insanity, but this year, some of the ideas suck more than the team.

Price lets in 1 bad goal and it's time to consider trading him. What's the most important position in hockey and particularly for the Montreal Canadiens. We lost Roy and guess what, we got his replacement back. Yes, that's right, with the same equivalent team, Price is just as good (to take nothing away from Roy) and he IS the saviour. Just sayin, we FINALLY reverse the worst trade in our history and people want to trade the one guy who can singlehandedly win us a Cup if we put the right team in front of him...

Tough loss in TB and it's past the point of it being a learning experience, but COME ON. In fact I thought we played a great game. Patches needs to bury one, otherwise we're fine. Gionta, please return.
Amid all this misery we are all forgetting guys: We don't have Gionta on the ice. The guy scores goals, he is very tough to play against.

You may laugh, but I think he's our best forward. I'm not kidding.

Look at his killer goal against Pitts to bury them 2 years ago in the PO. That's Gio.

Yeah all of us say he just skates over the blue and shoots. Not true.

I love Gio, he's a superb hockey player, and we miss him badly.

It's funny that not much is said about his absence. it's really hurting us.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:50 AM
durojean

The biggest difference between Price and Roy is that I know that in a game 7 for the stanley cup I would use Roy and be confident about him. Price... Not so much

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
The biggest difference between Price and Roy is that I know that in a game 7 for the stanley cup I would use Roy and be confident about him. Price... Not so much
If this team gets to the game 7 of the Stanley Cup, it will be solely due to Carey Price. At that point, he will have everyone's full confidence.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
durojean

Yes, but as of right now... For an important game I would choose Roy 10 times out of 10.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Maybe I didn't make it clear. He obviously hasn't won cups, etc., but this team went down the tubes starting with the loss of Patrick Roy. Then came the dark ages. Then came a glint of hope in Theo, then we get the real deal. He's the goalie Montreal deserves. Comparing him to Roy in that sense, i.e. the potential to be the best goalie in the league and win us a cup. PS. Roy has let in tons of bad goals, but he got it done. Then again, the league wasn't so divorced of parity and he has the teams and the '93 luck to take us all the way. No goalie we've had since Roy can I say I have full confidence in except Carey. We need offence, defence, our goalie situation is perfect.
I agree we shouldn't do anything with the goalie situation. I like Price. Hoping for improvements from our team soon, including Price.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yes, but as of right now... For an important game I would choose Roy 10 times out of 10.
I'm guessing you're talking about the Roy in his prime, not the current one who hasn't played in almost 10years and is in his forties.
If that's the case then ya, I would take the Hall of Famer, the 3time Conn Smythe winner, The 3time Vezina winner, the 4 time Stanley Cup winner, over any other NHL goalie.
Is that supposed to be some sort of measuring stick? Or as a knock on Price?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
durojean

No it's not a measuring stick... It's more like a way to say that in important situation I don't trust Price that much... And it's only my opinion... I don't think Price is clutch.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
No it's not a measuring stick... It's more like a way to say that in important situation I don't trust Price that much... And it's only my opinion... I don't think Price is clutch.
You may be right but I also don't think this team is clutch, nor was their coach (Martin). I mean, has Carey ever had a team anywhere near what Roy has had? Roy is the greatest goalie of all time, but lets put things in perspective here.

It's also pretty unfair to compare Price to Roy.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
What's with Randy's love for Plekanec?
Well, he's the best player on the team...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote