HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The future of Mats Zuccarello

Old
12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Chances are, we dont get into the playoffs without MZA last season.

Thanks, Mats.

Anyway, it was a decent experiment. I dont think he's suited for a Cup contender. But I could easily see him pull a PAPsmear and pile up points as a top-6 on a bottom feeder.

He should just hit the gym. Drink protein shakes, bulk up and become a bull in a china shop. The guy is too frail. He gets sneezed on and the puck goes 150 feet the other way.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Man, you know how to argure.
I never said Torts was wrong, I said Torts is going a different direction and that MZA should be able to grab a top 6 SOMEWHERE in the NHL and SHOULD BE TRADED.
In Torts system there is no place for him, Torts wants players with different qualities.
My point was to the poster that probably never saw a Whale game (same probably goes for you), MZA has been used in all situations in the Whale (which you would know if you saw the games).
For your own sake, id chill it with the "I watch more then you" "you don't watch" bull crap.

There are MANY people who watch and know their **** that completely disagree with what ever convoluted case point you're trying to make.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
What I am saying is that he is more skilled player, but in Torts system he is a worse fit. Torts worships grinders, not skilled players. Simple, ey?
You do watch the games and understand what Torts is looking for, right?
To an extent sure. He's not against skilled players if they bring a good all around game though. Gaborik, Stepan, Anisimov, Richards I would all consider skill players.

Alexander Daigle was more skilled then nearly every player in the NHL. As are many others who just can't seem to put it together at the NHL level. Just because you have skill doesn't mean your game translates to the NHL.

As it seemingly hasn't done for Zucc thus far.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
For your own sake, id chill it with the "I watch more then you" "you don't watch" bull crap.

There are MANY people who watch and know their **** that completely disagree with what ever convoluted case point you're trying to make.
See, I dont care about "many people" I am talking about you, Sir. Its you that I am talking to right now, correct?
For my own sake? whats that? A threat? come on now, get a grip.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Chances are, we dont get into the playoffs without MZA last season.

Thanks, Mats.

Anyway, it was a decent experiment. I dont think he's suited for a Cup contender. But I could easily see him pull a PAPsmear and pile up points as a top-6 on a bottom feeder.

He should just hit the gym. Drink protein shakes, bulk up and become a bull in a china shop. The guy is too frail. He gets sneezed on and the puck goes 150 feet the other way.
I agree, he was too weak last season. Managed to put on some lower body muscles and got stronger this season, but could definetly use some more.
Seeing him play this season its appearant that he did get stronger though, and his corner play and also his defencive zone play has gotten much better. Hope he continues to develope.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
To an extent sure. He's not against skilled players if they bring a good all around game though. Gaborik, Stepan, Anisimov, Richards I would all consider skill players.

Alexander Daigle was more skilled then nearly every player in the NHL. As are many others who just can't seem to put it together at the NHL level. Just because you have skill doesn't mean your game translates to the NHL.
As it seemingly hasn't done for Zucc thus far.
Of course not, and that has been my point.
It is all about being the right player in the right system on the right team.
As for Richards, NYR could have had the same skill for far less money the last 5 or so games with MZA..

Old
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
As for Richards, NYR could have had the same skill for far less money the last 5 or so games with MZA..
Give me a ****ing break.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Give me a ****ing break.
I am guessing you are saying Richards have been superb lately? How many points the last 5 games?
1 G and 1 A in the last 5 games with about 92 minutes playes. Good, right?
Worth quite a few million id say!

Last edited by Hellion: 12-31-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

I'm a HUGE fan of Zucca. I hope he gets traded somewhere so I can follow him more frequently. There is no doubt that he would be a top 6 player in a number of teams. He doesn't belong in the AHL.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I am guessing you are saying Richards have been superb lately? How many points the last 5 games?
Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself even bringing up a comparison between Zucc and Richards.

Your arguments were honestly fair and the debate was going fine until you started spewing this nonsense. I'm out.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Quote:
How may points in the last 5 games?

I think you're going down for the third time.

Why don't you just say that Zuccarello is better than Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky & Mark Messier combined because they never scored in the shootout?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself even bringing up a comparison between Zucc and Richards.

Your arguments were honestly fair and the debate was going fine until you started spewing this nonsense. I'm out.
Lol, I have not said he should replace Richards, what i am asking is if you are happy with Richards pay vs play. Yes?
Mats is good on the PP, and last season he was about ,5 PPG for 1.75 mill.
Richards is ,7 PPG (more or less) this season for what, 7 million?
I am just asking if its worth the difference, is the PP that much better?

Old
12-31-2011, 12:17 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Lol, I have not said he should replace Richards, what i am asking is if you are happy with Richards pay vs play. Yes?
Mats is good on the PP, and last season he was about ,5 PPG for 1.75 mill.
Richards is ,7 PPG (more or less) this season for what, 7 million?
I am just asking if its worth the difference, is the PP that much better?
Is the team that much better, yes. Because last time i checked we backed into the playoffs last year and had to depend on another team to make it in.

This year we are not only the best team in our division thus far, but arguably the league.

Considering Richards was the only major change made over the off-season, I'd say i'm pretty happy thus far. Not to mention he is on pace to score the most goals of his career, has given us a legit second line and taken some eyes off Gaborik who is flourishing once again.

If you have to ask me is it worth the difference between having Zucc and Richards in the lineup then I know that your heart is far to into this and your brain is not.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
How may points in the last 5 games?

I think you're going down for the third time.

Why don't you just say that Zuccarello is better than Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky & Mark Messier combined because they never scored in the shootout?
I am not saying he is better than anyone, so save your laughs.
What I said is that I believe there are a few people out there that are a little disapointed by Richards.
99 never scored on a shootout? find that hard to believe, didnt he score 72 total?

Old
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Is the team that much better, yes. Because last time i checked we backed into the playoffs last year and had to depend on another team to make it in.

This year we are not only the best team in our division thus far, but arguably the league.

Considering Richards was the only major change made over the off-season, I'd say i'm pretty happy thus far. Not to mention he is on pace to score the most goals of his career, has given us a legit second line and taken some eyes off Gaborik who is flourishing once again.

If you have to ask me is it worth the difference between having Zucc and Richards in the lineup then I know that your heart is far to into this and your brain is not.
Hehe, I never said Richards wasnt worth it, but I know people on these boards are *****ing about his points.
We are looking great this season, I dont know how much is on Richards though. Not his game anyway. Spirit of having him on the team? yes, probably some.
Id give most the credit to MDZ, Stepan and Gabby (and Hank as always), plus Hagelin for being an exellent call up.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:28 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
See, I dont care about "many people" I am talking about you, Sir. Its you that I am talking to right now, correct?
For my own sake? whats that? A threat? come on now, get a grip.
A system isn't dependent on a TYPE of player.

A system is a conglomerate of preferred positioning, set plays, details.

A SYSTEM is not the identity of a team.

The identity of a team comes through in what the players are willing to sacrifice to accomplish the goals set forth by the coach before each game.

Each game, dependent on opponent, can be run differently. Therefore the entire "system" can change. Like a chess game. And sometimes those tactical decisions are wrong.

The identity, however, the makeup of a team, typically wont, when talking about a good team. They'll remain true to what makes them successful.

"Grinding" is NOT a system.

"System". An arbitrary word. Just like "broadband". Im sure you think you know what broadband is, but what you think it is, is wrong. Research the real meaning of "broadband".

Tortorella and Sullivan's "system" doesn't prohibit any kind of player from playing their game. Their "system" isn't all that complicated. At times the neutral zone will lock a wing, other times it will conservatively man up, other times it will aggressively pressure the puck. 1-2-2 or 2-1-2 is not a system either. All it is is the level of pressure you actively put on the opponent either before acquiring the puck or while theyre breaking out.

Any "kind" of player can play on this team. If the player isn't mentally fit or physically fit to play in the league, to do what's necessary to be successful, "character" "identity", then they wont last.

Some coaches have more patience to deal with indifferent players. Tortorella demands attention to detail and hard work. If you can't consistently cover your assignment and do your job, you wont play.

Blocking shots, making smart decisions with the puck, working hard, playing like you care, "grinding" otherwise known as putting forth effort, is NOT dependent on "system". Its out of the coaching staff's hands. Its all on the player.

The "system" doesn't call for Callahan diving face first to block a shot. Thats HIS decision.

The underlying issue, is Zuccarello CAN'T PLAY IN THE NHL. The NHL is NOT the AHL. MANY AHL stars couldn't and can't hack it in the NHL. And this argument over a fringe player, just like the Avery nonsense...is...nonsense.

So...really, I don't care anymore. Im going to move on and enjoy my team's success, with, or without any specific player.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
A system isn't dependent on a TYPE of player.

A system is a conglomerate of preferred positioning, set plays, details.

A SYSTEM is not the identity of a team.

The identity of a team comes through in what the players are willing to sacrifice to accomplish the goals set forth by the coach before each game.

Each game, dependent on opponent, can be run differently. Therefore the entire "system" can change. Like a chess game. And sometimes those tactical decisions are wrong.

The identity, however, the makeup of a team, typically wont, when talking about a good team. They'll remain true to what makes them successful.

"Grinding" is NOT a system.

"System". An arbitrary word. Just like "broadband". Im sure you think you know what broadband is, but what you think it is, is wrong. Research the real meaning of "broadband".

Tortorella and Sullivan's "system" doesn't prohibit any kind of player from playing their game. Their "system" isn't all that complicated. At times the neutral zone will lock a wing, other times it will conservatively man up, other times it will aggressively pressure the puck. 1-2-2 or 2-1-2 is not a system either. All it is is the level of pressure you actively put on the opponent either before acquiring the puck or while theyre breaking out.

Any "kind" of player can play on this team. If the player isn't mentally fit or physically fit to play in the league, to do what's necessary to be successful, "character" "identity", then they wont last.

Some coaches have more patience to deal with indifferent players. Tortorella demands attention to detail and hard work. If you can't consistently cover your assignment and do your job, you wont play.

Blocking shots, making smart decisions with the puck, working hard, playing like you care, "grinding" otherwise known as putting forth effort, is NOT dependent on "system". Its out of the coaching staff's hands. Its all on the player.

The "system" doesn't call for Callahan diving face first to block a shot. Thats HIS decision.

The underlying issue, is Zuccarello CAN'T PLAY IN THE NHL. The NHL is NOT the AHL. MANY AHL stars couldn't and can't hack it in the NHL. And this argument over a fringe player, just like the Avery nonsense...is...nonsense.

So...really, I don't care anymore. Im going to move on and enjoy my team's success, with, or without any specific player.
While waiting for Kreider?
"A SYSTEM is not the identity of a team", seems not to be very Torts, no? The system seems to be very much the identity of this team.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:34 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hope the guy gets a chance, he's too good for the AHL.

Sadly it won't be here. It's a shame, he's a really nice guy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
While waiting for Kreider?
"A SYSTEM is not the identity of a team", seems not to be very Torts, no? The system seems to be very much the identity of this team.
No.

Wrong.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
No.

Wrong.
What do you honestly think Torts would say to that statement?
I think he would definetly say the system is the identity of the team. He has been preaching that all last year and this year.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Wolski is a good player when he wants to be, he is inconsistent though. I think he is gone after the season.

ZUcc's I believe is a very good player, most comments here about his size and weight are probably exactly what was said about st Louis (I read somewhere he was a late bloomer), now look at him.

The coaches in ct have all recommended zucc for a call up, they said it back on the msg telecast when they were calling someone up shortly after zucc went down, but torts felt he could not fit him in the top six.

I hope he gets a chance to prove himself in the NHL because he is s very exciting player to watch. Hisstats are 22 pnts in 18 games, better than a point per game.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets a chance w. The rangers again, I don't think it will happen though. Hopefully he gets in the NHL soon!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Maaxse

some lottery team should pick him up.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
some lottery team should pick him up.
Islanders will take Avery and Zucc. Are scrap heap is there reward, just look at PA

Old
12-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
ZUcc's I believe is a very good player, most comments here about his size and weight are probably exactly what was said about st Louis (I read somewhere he was a late bloomer), now look at him.
Zuccarello doesn't have the speed that St. Louis does. St. Louis is also extremely hard to knock off the puck if I remember correctly. I really don't get the comparison between the two. They're both small and skilled, but St. Louis has key assets that Zuccarello really lacks.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
i hope Zucc gets another shot. i still like the guy but i feel like he won't be cracking this lineup at least this year. shame. the mancrush is still there tho.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote