HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acquiring a Defensemen

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Both... neither of them are being traded. Especially for who is available from Carolina
That wasnt the question.....if you could only keep one, which one would it be? I am trying to figure out which one you covet more. Simple task.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

That's easy then. Schenn

Old
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
That's easy then. Schenn
Excellent work! All I was wondering.

I feel like Schenn has been around for a while and he hasnt made the impact I would have expected for someone with such high praise. He is the Kadri of the Kings/Flyers.

Old
12-30-2011, 12:45 AM
BernieParent

Schenn + Bryz for Gleason + Ward

Old
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Done.

Just to get rid of Bryz' deal

Old
12-30-2011, 07:14 AM
JoeFlyer

Quote:
Call it a hunch but I don't see Bryz waiving his No Movement Clause for this one

Old
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
Excellent work! All I was wondering.

I feel like Schenn has been around for a while and he hasnt made the impact I would have expected for someone with such high praise. He is the Kadri of the Kings/Flyers.
There is a significant difference this season. Schenn has been injured and therefore unable to play in the team, it's not like Kadri, who cannot break into what is generally a much weaker offfensive line-up.

The fact that Lavy is forcing a spot to be available for Schenn should tell you everything.

Old
12-30-2011, 07:40 AM
StandingCow

I don't really know how any of us can pass good or bad judgement on Schenn's play... he has been injured almost the entire season, so he hasn't had any time to get into rhythm with the team.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:52 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
If the Flyers go after Gleason do you think it'd be possible to nab Rutuu too? I'd be psyched on that. Not sure what they'd want for the package deal though.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If the Flyers go after Gleason do you think it'd be possible to nab Rutuu too? I'd be psyched on that. Not sure what they'd want for the package deal though.
I absolutely think that is possible. Ruutu will most likely be moved by the deadline to someone. If the return is good enough to deserve both players I am sure the Canes would have no problem with that.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Over 7M in salary. Both players may very well fetch a very decent return, maybe even a 1st round pick for each. There will be some desperate teams ready to spend. I do not see us swinging both deals. Maybe one deal. Maybe?

We need a d-men and maybe improve our face-offs somehow. We suck at faceoffs. I'd love someone like Paul Gaustad around playoff time when it comes to face-offs if Sabres are out. Faceoff guy is probably a luxury. Obviously Gleason would be awesome too.

Old
12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
If Matt Read gets traded this team's organization is dumb.

How can people still refuse to see that he's good, just because he started playing a little later than most? All the chances he's had lately that didn't go in because of ridiculous saves...
Read has been outstanding, and Schenn is going to end up being better.

I'd trade Testwuide and a 2nd or 3rd for Gleason, max.

Ruutu, I'd love to get but a bit expensive.

The other Dman I'd like, who I forgot on my previous list, is Andy Sutton. Huge and mean and fairly mobile.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I'd like a guy like Francois beauchemin more than gleason.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Jtown

This team is a high scoring team, and we need a Dman who can excel on the PP and score some PP goals. Im tired of seeing Carle on the PP with his weak shot, yes he is a skilled passer but he had some opportunities to fire a puck in the net and couldn't. I hope Wash tanks and we can somehow get Wideman.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:18 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer View Post
Call it a hunch but I don't see Bryz waiving his No Movement Clause for this one
Holmgren to Bryzgalov: "You see this contract? This is No Movement Clause. Flyer law: if you use clause, death penalty. If you reject a trade and we find you, you're dead right away."

Old
12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Holmgren to Bryzgalov: "You see this contract? This is No Movement Clause. Flyer law: if you use clause, death penalty. If you reject a trade and we find you, you're dead right away."
deader than a tiger poacher.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Gert B Frobe

Gleason would be a good fit but Beauchemin would be an excellent fit. I hope Holmgren realizes that Timonen will not make it through May let alone June with all these minutes piling up.

Nobody (hopefully the Flyers included) will give up a 1st for Gleason. I guess Beauchemin could cost a 1st or a player like Read + ...

I would really like a guy like Gleason or Sutton for some extra sandpaper on the back end.

Old
12-30-2011, 10:48 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Well Holmgren came out and said nobody was interested in trading anyone, and then brought Walker up from the Phantoms. There hasn't even been a hint of scouting or potential trade discussions since then.

Besides, if they do trade for anyone they're going to have to give up players that the Flyer's front office isn't willing to part with (Schenn, Read, Couturier, Voracek, JVR, etc.)
Are you new around here? Homer also talked about how he'd never trade Richards/Carter...among..well this franchise rarely speaks the truth. Sorry, your whole "factual" point is completely speculative.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:41 AM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Are you new around here? Homer also talked about how he'd never trade Richards/Carter...among..well this franchise rarely speaks the truth. Sorry, your whole "factual" point is completely speculative.
Want to show me a quote from Holmgren that said he would never trade Richards or Carter?

I don't remember him saying it.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:56 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
he did learn that from Bobby Clarke. When Clarke was GM you had to take his word with a grain of salt when it came to who could be traded or what they were looking for on the market.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 12-31-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old
12-31-2011, 10:49 AM
bryzgalovsky*

Joni Pitkanen lol

Old
12-31-2011, 11:15 AM
turkinaa

Quote:
Another point: Everyone saying JVR and JVR hinting he was injured while Homer saying he was not in fact injured. I would never take anything they say at face value regarding trades, injuries, or anything else.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Want to show me a quote from Holmgren that said he would never trade Richards or Carter?

I don't remember him saying it.
I would like to see that quote as well . Not many GMs in any pro-sport would say such a thing about any player they have.....Hell, even Gretzky was traded a few times.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:42 AM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Another point: Everyone saying JVR and JVR hinting he was injured while Homer saying he was not in fact injured. I would never take anything they say at face value regarding trades, injuries, or anything else.
That's a totally different situation. Of course GMs are going to lie about injuries, they don't want other teams to know who's going to be in the lineup each night so it's harder for them to prepare.

Why would Holmgren lie about no other teams wanting to trade defensemen? He has nothing to gain from that. And the fact that we haven't heard anything since that time shows he was telling the truth.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:51 AM
JoeFlyer

Quote:
Joni Pitkanen lol
So that's settled then, Pitkanen, Ward, Ruutu and Gleason for Bryzgalov...

Just leaves you short by $7m with Pronger on IR...

Closed Thread