HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers; assigned to AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Prust, Boyle, Mitchell, Wolski and Rupp- Guys who bring 10 times more than Avery does.

Dubinsky- What were you even trying to say here?

I AM glad Torts preaches accountability. Has EC suited up recently? No. Look at the standings.
Wow you just lost your accounability, Avery brings more than Mitchell, Boyle and Rupp. Its just Torts if you cant see that i dont know what to tell you.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Rupp? Guy has been awful. Mitchell? Yeah great turnover to blow last game. Boyle? Guy is 6-7 and plays like he's 5-8.

Dubinsky has 3 goals. So Does Avery.
Thank you some people dont see this and its shocking its like Torts fked with their brain. I wouldint even say Boyle plays like 5'8 because that is Zuccs height and he plays bigger maybe 5'6.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wow you just lost your accounability, Avery brings more than Mitchell, Boyle and Rupp. Its just Torts if you cant see that i dont know what to tell you.
The only one losing accountability is you, with statements like this.

He doesn't bring anything more than Mitchell, Boyle or Rupp. And i've explained why about 5 times in this thread.

Clearly your a fanboy though and will overlook what is best for this team in favor of having Avery in the lineup.

We should trade Gaborik while were at it just so we can make room for him on the 1st line right?

Old
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I'm really waiting for someone to respond and tell me who should sit in favor of Avery.

Mitchell, Christensen & Wolski until Wolski proves otherwise. Avery is the only one of these four that can and has brought energy to a lethargic team and gotten the Rangers back into a game they looked out of.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Avery has done nothing wrong this season. He came to camp in great shape, worked hard on his offense and kept his mouth shut. When the team looked flat, Torts was clutching at straws and summoned Avery.

I think the organization has wronged him this time around. He's done everything that was asked of him. It's not his fault Dallas was run by a bunch of idiots and offered him 4 million a season. He would have never left if that contract was never offered.

On top of all that, Avery has performed here in the postseason. He hustles every shift and his speed really contributes to the forecheck.

I think his reputation has dimmed a little bit, and refs arent itchy to call him on every ticky tack thing. I really think he can still be a contributor to a deep playoff run.

He's still an asset. I think it's ridiculous that Rupp was allowed back in the lineup when he wasnt deserving of a spot to begin with.

I pray to God no team in the EC picks him up. I hope he goes out west and proves Torts wrong.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:31 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
The only one losing accountability is you, with statements like this.

He doesn't bring anything more than Mitchell, Boyle or Rupp. And i've explained why about 5 times in this thread.

Clearly your a fanboy though and will overlook what is best for this team in favor of having Avery in the lineup.

We should trade Gaborik while were at it just so we can make room for him on the 1st line right?
Sure Mitchell has played solid and has a good hands but how what will he do in the tougher games like against the Caps or Bruins when we need harder forechek and that board play to create a shot will he do that over Avery. No im not a fanboy i am a fan of guys who play the game right and do their jobs well for their size. Rupp cant skate and doesent do anything down low either-Deveaux was better. Boyle as mentioned might be a nice guy but get nocked on his ass way to often for a guy his size and simply doesent use his body to his advantage and not to mention has like 1 goal this season. So call it what you want but anybodey can see that Avery earned ice time atleast on the fourth line but isnt because its about Torts pride in this case and he doesent want avery ruining his image of his team.

I hope the Rangers do good but when pride gets in the way of the best for the team it could come back to haunt them. You need depth and the best guys on the ice and trust me Avery is better than our 12th forward and prob the 11th for that matter. I love how people act like WW is someone who is worth having in the lineup after all Avery has done for this team energy wise and what not to talk like this is shamefull no loyalty at all for some of you fans.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Mitchell, Christensen & Wolski until Wolski proves otherwise. Avery is the only one of these four that can and has brought energy to a lethargic team and gotten the Rangers back into a game they looked out of.
As previously stated, Christensen is one million less to sit in the press box. Wolski has barely played this year and is a season removed from 65 points.

Bad management to spend 2 mil cap space on a guy that won't ever play.

And Mitchell has been much better than Avery imo. Many people here seem to completely devalue shutdown D. Mitchell is a huge part of shutting down the others team top lines.

Quote:
Sure Mitchell has played solid and has a good hands but how what will he do in the tougher games like against the Caps or Bruins when we need harder forechek and that board play to create a shot will he do that over Avery. No im not a fanboy i am a fan of guys who play the game right and do their jobs well for their size. Rupp cant skate and doesent do anything down low either-Deveaux was better. Boyle as mentioned might be a nice guy but get nocked on his ass way to often for a guy his size and simply doesent use his body to his advantage and not to mention has like 1 goal this season. So call it what you want but anybodey can see that Avery earned ice time atleast on the fourth line but isnt because its about Torts pride in this case and he doesent want avery ruining his image of his team.
Not even going to respond. Deveaux better than Rupp, are you kidding me?

Old
12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achene View Post
You overestimate a guy who plays with Gaborik; I'm certain you're one of the many who idiotically praised Christensen in Gaborik's first year here. If the GMs are anything like you come the trade deadline (and I'm certain they are), he can be our ticket to a steal.
This is absolutely nuts. AA is a great player for his age - he's been a defensive stud since he came up while playing good supportive offense and now his offensive game is coming together and starting to carry him to a whole new level.

As for the EC comparison, AA has five less points this season (in 34 games) than Christensen ever has in a season for the Rangers, the last two of which he played 49 and 63 games. He's much, much better than Eric and he's five years younger and still improving.

Lastly, the last thing this team is in need of is D depth to "put them over the edge." Their D has been outstanding all year without Staal, their all-star, undisputed #1 D man, who is coming back any game now. Staal, Girardi, MDZ, McD, Sauer, Stralman/Woywitka/Eminger/Bickell is a very solid top 6. Why on earth would you trade a guy who is an effective scoring LW, which is by far the shallowest position on this team, so that you could add a d man?

If Sather trades AA for a D man I'm going to be very, very surprised and pissed off. There are SO many reasons that is a bad idea. Not the least of them is that Avery can NOT do what AA is doing now and I'm a big fan of the guy.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Well as i see it we are 1st in the east going into the new year(Unless Boston wins tomorrow).....so the guys who are playing night in night out deserve to play, simple as that

Old
12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
As previously stated, Christensen is one million less to sit in the press box. Wolski has barely played this year and is a season removed from 65 points.

Bad management to spend 2 mil cap space on a guy that won't ever play.

And Mitchell has been much better than Avery imo. Many people here seem to completely devalue shutdown D. Mitchell is a huge part of shutting down the others team top lines.

Not even going to respond. Deveaux better than Rupp, are you kidding me?
im not even going to repsond because you obviosuly dont get hockey. Rupp is just a loose cannon on the ice that does not do much.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Let it be know that I'm more upset about the prefix "ESPN" than Avery getting waived.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
im not even going to repsond because you obviosuly dont get hockey. Rupp is just a loose cannon on the ice that does not do much.
You're right. Keep running around saying Deveaux is better than Rupp and we'll see who garners respect around here.

You don't know anything about the defensive side of the game or you would value Boyle, Mitchell, etc.

Rupp isn't a loose cannon, he's a respected veteran who has scored a GWG to clinch the Stanley cup. Ask any devils or pens fan what they think of him, I guarantee you most will give you positive responses.

Good to know you can judge a player on playing a couple games in blue. Did you ever see rupp play before this season? Seriously? Like before the injury that he is now nearly recovered from?

I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that your answer is no.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:56 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
looks like this thread got cleaned up a lot

hopefully we will find out the true story and not just rumours

Old
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Guess it's time for a new username...

Old
12-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Regardless, Torts has dumped deadweight such as Gomez, Drury, Redden etc.

He has brought this team from a non-playoff, fringe team to 1st in the conference. He has every single player bought into his identity. He has continuously developed young players such as MDZ, Stepan, Anisimov, etc. He has been a huge part of FA signings like Gaborik and Richards.

Call me crazy, but if he thinks its best for Sean Avery to be off this team, then I'm all for it. Once again, coming from a guy who loves Sean AVery.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:16 AM
chip chipperson*

the way torts handled this makes me sick. eric christensen is still with the team. ****ing awful. eric christensen. terrible.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:22 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achene View Post
You overestimate a guy who plays with Gaborik; I'm certain you're one of the many who idiotically praised Christensen in Gaborik's first year here. If the GMs are anything like you come the trade deadline (and I'm certain they are), he can be our ticket to a steal.
Dude, NO ONE on this board praised Christensen beyond "he might make a good third line center" when we picked him up; as of this past offseason, the highest compliment he got from me or anyone else was "he's a good candidate for 13th forward"; and I don't think anyone anywhere thinks he'll be back next year.

Honestly, I wish that more GMs were like YOU - because if they were, clearly all we would need to acquire a Bobby Ryan would be Sean Avery. Hell, you'd think that you had pulled one over on Slats.

Come to think of it, Achene... are you Bob Gainey?

Old
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
the way torts handled this makes me sick. eric christensen is still with the team. ****ing awful. eric christensen. terrible.
It makes me sick that you don't understand anything about cap management. For a guy to sit in a press box nearly every game, 900,000 is much more viable than 2 mil. Obviously christensen is barely going to see any games. The most important thing is the cap hit at that point.

And honestly, Torts has this team in 1st place in the NHL. So be sick all you want, your medicine is in the standings.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:31 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
It makes me sick that you don't understand anything about cap management. For a guy to sit in a press box nearly every game, 900,000 is much more viable than 2 mil. Obviously christensen is barely going to see any games. The most important thing is the cap hit at that point.

And honestly, Torts has this team in 1st place in the NHL. So be sick all you want, your medicine is in the standings.
oh here we go, another poster that thinks he knows something about the cap because a) they know how much money wolski makes and b) read something about the cap somewhere off hand. your not a ****ing salary cap expert so don't talk to me as if your going to teach me something. not only am i sick now but i need eye drops after reading that.

avery played well in his time this year and should still be playing. he was scratched for of all people christensen. now that were healthy avery should still be with the team even if it is the 13 foward.

torts handled this wrong. 1st place or last place he handled this wrong. im very happy with 1st place but that doesn't mean i have to be happy with how he ran a guy out of here when he was playing well. some people can't get that, avery was playing well. ugh, bad job.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
oh here we go, another poster that thinks he knows something about the cap because a) they know how much money wolski makes and b) read something about the cap somewhere off hand. your not a ****ing salary cap expert so don't talk to me as if your going to teach me something. not only am i sick now but i need eye drops after reading that.

avery played well in his time this year and should still be playing. he was scratched for of all people christensen. now that were healthy avery should still be with the team even if it is the 13 foward.

torts handled this wrong. 1st place or last place he handled this wrong. im very happy with 1st place but that doesn't mean i have to be happy with how he ran a guy out of here when he was playing well. some people can't get that, avery was playing well. ugh, bad job.
I'm smart enough to know that spending 2 mil on a 13th forward is a big fat waste of cap space.

But you're one of those posters that's impossible to argue with so I'm just going to quite while im ahead.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:38 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
I'm smart enough to know that spending 2 mil on a 13th forward is a big fat waste of cap space.

But you're one of those posters that's impossible to argue with so I'm just going to quite while im ahead.
you're not ahead. but if you know anything about me, you know it would be smart to quit.

and im smart enough to know that 2 mil for a guy that has a lot to prove this year and before he got taken out of the lineup, was on pace for just under 20 goals is a pretty good deal.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:56 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
You're right. Keep running around saying Deveaux is better than Rupp and we'll see who garners respect around here.

You don't know anything about the defensive side of the game or you would value Boyle, Mitchell, etc.

Rupp isn't a loose cannon, he's a respected veteran who has scored a GWG to clinch the Stanley cup. Ask any devils or pens fan what they think of him, I guarantee you most will give you positive responses.

Good to know you can judge a player on playing a couple games in blue. Did you ever see rupp play before this season? Seriously? Like before the injury that he is now nearly recovered from?

I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that your answer is no.
Yep i have no clue about hockey, never watched a game in my life. You are so right a GWG just like that game tieng goal by Drury those guys are clutch there worth every penny, respected veterans. Oh and ya Avery is a big defensive liability i mean hes a +3 draws penalties but man is he dreadful. Mitchell is defensive stud.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Yep i have no clue about hockey, never watched a game in my life. You are so right a GWG just like that game tieng goal by Drury those guys are clutch there worth every penny, respected veterans. Oh and ya Avery is a big defensive liability i mean hes a +3 draws penalties but man is he dreadful. Mitchell is defensive stud.
What does D have to do with drawing penalties. And we all know the +/- stat is garbage. If you watched the games and listened to torts and numerous other rangers players, along with lavs in 24/7, you'd know they think it's a pile of **** too.

I'm liking your effective argument more and more though. Continue.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:05 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
What does D have to do with drawing penalties. And we all know the +/- stat is garbage. If you watched the games and listened to torts and numerous other rangers players, along with lavs in 24/7, you'd know they think it's a pile of **** too.

I'm liking your effective argument more and more though. Continue.
Maybe you dont understand what the +/- is all about. Its when your on the ice for more or less goal at even strength. Positive means your on the ice for more goals and negative on the ice for more against. After awhile this stat is telling because you are part of the 5 man unit on the ice at this time and over a season or even a course of games this stat is telling. But yes we all know its garbage and useless according to you, wow.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:07 AM
mike14

Quote:
Maybe you dont understand what the +/- is all about. Its when your on the ice for more or less goal at even strength. Positive means your on the ice for more goals and negative on the ice for more against. After awhile this stat is telling because you are part of the 5 man unit on the ice at this time and over a season or even a course of games this stat is telling. But yes we all know its garbage and useless according to you, wow.
To be fair, him and MDZ, who said during the game.......

Closed Thread