HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets at Stars 12/29 8:30pm EST, FSOhio. "Mooterus Edition"

Old
12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Gotta wonder what the record is for the game after a team loses to Columbus. I imagine they'd be thoroughly embarrassed and pissed off for the next game and probably end up demolishing the competition.
I would imagine that things are pretty much back to normal. That would be that any time a team loses to the CBJ their coach has a closed door meeting with the players.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:35 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I saw the last 9 minutes live. I have HOPE!!
Second solid effort in a row.

It's a start. Johansen, Carter, and Nash are fun to watch together. At least right now.... Sadly Carter is the weak link in that chain. Hopefully he decides to up his game, although his last two games were acceptable if not inspiring.

That is a lot of size on that line... Creates match up problems.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
650X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Gotta wonder what the record is for the game after a team loses to Columbus. I imagine they'd be thoroughly embarrassed and pissed off for the next game and probably end up demolishing the competition.
To small of a sample size to come to an accurate conclusion.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Sounds like I missed a good one.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:11 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
That was dumb boll
He will pay the fine. If I could, I'd pay it for him because I prefer passion over vaginal gawkers who shrug and skate away when a team mate gets pummeled ... but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoMasedAgain View Post
Just trying to keep his less than stellar performance tonight intact
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoMasedAgain View Post
I (along with many others I'm sure) was thinking the same thing. Apparently didn't seem to worry RJ and Boll though
I saw the best performance out of RJ this entire season. He was using the body and hustling. Say what you want about Boller but he brings it every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Second solid effort in a row.

It's a start. Johansen, Carter, and Nash are fun to watch together. At least right now.... Sadly Carter is the weak link in that chain. Hopefully he decides to up his game, although his last two games were acceptable if not inspiring.

That is a lot of size on that line... Creates match up problems.
I gotta tell ya, I was excited! I really truly miss the Hitch era when I went to as many games as I could because they were exciting to watch, even if it meant I came home unable to talk. Under Arniel to date, there hasn't been a lot to stir me up. You're right. It's a start.

I've been skeptical about Candy Ass Carter, and resented his attitude, but I will give him credit for appearing to come around a little bit. Should he ever put his heart into it, I think he will find the fans here will not only embrace him, celebrate him and stimulate him but also excuse his slow start.

RyJo catches my eye from time to time, and last night was a good example. Hope he continues his growth. Nash, despite what you may read here, has been more physical in his play and throwing around that amazing big body of his. I like it. It's kinda sad that he has had to focus more on defense than offense but he's a team player. Size only matters if you know what to do with it. And it looks like we do!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan4life View Post
because that is what we (they) do......suck at sucking
Just like the Colts!!

gojackets1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post

I saw the best performance out of RJ this entire season. He was using the body and hustling. Say what you want about Boller but he brings it every game.
I'll say, early on I thought RJ looked bad last night. But I did notice some more from him in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Wish that guy would score some more goals, though.

edit: and there's this which I just read on Puckrakers.

“We talked about being more positive, more upbeat,” Mason said. “And the guys were able to do that tonight. I have to give a lot of credit to Umby (winger R.J. Umberger); he did a really good job of keeping guys up and positive during that (second) intermission."

That's valuable

Last edited by davidbklyn: 12-30-2011 at 12:14 PM.
davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Nikita Filatov

Good win, it's been difficult to watch this team play this year but last night was refreshing. Rimer still managed to damage my hearing though.

Impressed with the first line for the first time in a while, Johansen looked great.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Sounds like I missed a good one.
Me too, but you never know anymore whether you'll see a decent game or a complete embarrassment... though odds are it will be the latter.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Doug19

It's nice to see Johansen getting to play with guys who see the game as good as he does, we will probably see his offensive numbers sky rocket if he stays on the top line, but I must admit, I'd rather see him on the 4th line playing center than the top line playing wing. I want him to develop into an elite center, not just a top 6 center, so eventually they need to play him at C.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 04:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I want him to develop into an elite center, not just a top 6 center, so eventually they need to play him at C.
I'm not concerned, they will move him to center when they think he's ready.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm not concerned, they will move him to center when they think he's ready.
Agree, he is getting acclimated, he will play center eventually.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Doug19

That's my fear, I don't think either Scott exactly excels at those types of decisions. I guess we aren't even at the half way mark of the season yet, but if this is the center of our future, eventually they need to allow him to learn the position, it's not like we have anything to lose this season by letting him learn from mistakes.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
That's my fear, I don't think either Scott exactly excels at those types of decisions. I guess we aren't even at the half way mark of the season yet, but if this is the center of our future, eventually they need to allow him to learn the position, it's not like we have anything to lose this season by letting him learn from mistakes.
There is no reason at this moment in time to make that change. No reason, at all, to rush him into the responsibilities of a top line center this early in his career.

He's getting ice time, he's being productive, this is his first year. Relax and enjoy. Worry about it in the off season. I suspect you'll see a few changes you weren't expecting.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
There is no reason at this moment in time to make that change. No reason, at all, to rush him into the responsibilities of a top line center this early in his career.

He's getting ice time, he's being productive, this is his first year. Relax and enjoy. Worry about it in the off season. I suspect you'll see a few changes you weren't expecting.
Are you implying you have some kind of inside source? Why the statement?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Are you implying you have some kind of inside source? Why the statement?
Don't know if blah has sources or not, but it seems a reasonable assumption that something will come available or be offered that doesn't fit into what we're posting in the rebuild thread. It also seems likely that whomever is in charge of executing such decisions this offseason won't necessarily follow the plan we've so expertly laid out. Thus "unexpected."