HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers; assigned to AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
What does D have to do with drawing penalties. And we all know the +/- stat is garbage. If you watched the games and listened to torts and numerous other rangers players, along with lavs in 24/7, you'd know they think it's a pile of **** too.

I'm liking your effective argument more and more though. Continue.
Isn't this the same guy who was certain enough that, "This is a bad hockey team" to start a thread named after it?

Such gems as

"Richards is not anything of an effective top line center"

"dont care what people say, they need Avery and they need him quick before there to far out of it and cant get back into the mix."

"8th place is being very optimistic honestly, Poor Lundy is going to have to pull some **** out of his ass for a playoff birth. Hes already won us like 5 points purely by himself. The issue with this team is that we expected includng me that guys like Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Stepan to continue to improve instead of maybe realizing that their we might have seen what they have to offer already."

God things were dark in those days....

8 Games into the season. Yikes. dark days.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Isn't this the same guy who was certain enough that, "This is a bad hockey team" to start a thread named after it?

Such gems as

"Richards is not anything of an effective top line center"

"dont care what people say, they need Avery and they need him quick before there to far out of it and cant get back into the mix."

"8th place is being very optimistic honestly, Poor Lundy is going to have to pull some **** out of his ass for a playoff birth. Hes already won us like 5 points purely by himself. The issue with this team is that we expected includng me that guys like Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Stepan to continue to improve instead of maybe realizing that their we might have seen what they have to offer already."

God things were dark in those days....

8 Games into the season. Yikes. dark days.
Ahh didn't realize it was the same guy. I avoided that thread like the plague it was. Makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll quit arguing

Old
12-31-2011, 01:09 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
I love Avery. I really don't think he's a bad person or anything like that. He's just a victim of the salary cap. Hopefully some team out west will give him another chance because when he's on he makes a positive difference. All good things must come to an end however, and that includes Avery's tenure as a Ranger. I truly do wish him the best of luck in the future and hope another NHL club gives him a fair chance.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Let's see....So far in the Avery threads this season, I've learned that the following players should be benched in favor of Sean Avery: Dubinsky, Boyle, Fedotenko, Rupp, Prust, Mitchell, Hagelin, Wolski, Christiansen, Zuccarello, Newbury, and Deveaux. And now I found out the Rangers should trade Anisimov to make room for Avery.

That leaves Gaborik, Richards, and Stepan (although with Richard's slump, I'm sure someone will come along to suggest that BR should sit in favor of Avery.) Apparently, Sean Avery is the 4th best forward on the team with the best record in the conference, but not only won't Torts play him, but no other coach or GM in the NHL will take him either. Must be a conspiracy.
That's right. He's also a great guy off the ice. It seems that people will stoop to no end to discredit Sean, including quoting from GMs, coaches, and even players. I can't understand why people pick on the guy so much.

It obviously stems from Tortorella. It doesn't matter how well Sean performs, or how much of a model citizen he is off the ice, he'll never make it in the league again because obviously Torts hates him, and has poisoned the entire league against him, up to and including the war room in the NHL offices. Obviously he was doing well in places like Dallas, but Torts from his cozy broadcast booth spread lies about him, and the hate & vitriol multiplied.

It is a shame that a horrible coach like Tortorella won't give him a chance, and has obviously made it impossible for him to find another team to play on. He is clearly a better goal scorer than everyone on the list you quoted (look at his goals/TOI!!), and would make a far better LW on Gaborik's line than anyone else. His board work, vision, passing, hustle, shot, grit, and defensive play are far better than Anisimov's. So yes, everyone on that list should be made expendable if it means finding a place in the lineup for Sean.

The team's winning ways began the day Sean was called up. Even without him in the lineup after he made the roster the team began a win streak. It is clearly the energy and hunger he brings to the team that made the difference, and it is even more evident when he hits the ice. He's a damn fine hockey player and those who argue that it is merely coincidence that the team has a far better record with him than without him are all just idiots, every single one of them. The "Avery effect" is a scientific, proven fact, and no one can possibly argue against his value to the team.

One day, when his Swiss NLA team goes undefeated for the season, everyone will see what his presence can do for a hockey team. He'll get revenge on his doubters. Until then, it is painfully obvious that John Tortorella (a.k.a. "the evil clown") is the cause of 32 NHL teams wanting nothing to do with him. He spread lies about him to the GM's of the league, poisoned his name with other coaches, suggested to on-ice officials that his play should be penalized more, created false media reports about his off-ice behavior, and in general made everyone believe that he is a distraction to the teams he plays on and has no respect for the game. Most of this before he ever coached Sean! ALL LIES! The man should be sued for libel.

He has single-handedly ruined the career of one of the most entertaining hockey players ever to be in the league, and should never hold a coaching position in the NHL because of it.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I love Avery. I really don't think he's a bad person or anything like that. He's just a victim of the salary cap. Hopefully some team out west will give him another chance because when he's on he makes a positive difference. All good things must come to an end however, and that includes Avery's tenure as a Ranger. I truly do wish him the best of luck in the future and hope another NHL club gives him a fair chance.
Couldnt agree with you more. Well said. Can we stop all this now.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:12 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
That's right. He's also a great guy off the ice. It seems that people will stoop to no end to discredit Sean, including quoting from GMs, coaches, and even players. I can't understand why people pick on the guy so much.

It obviously stems from Tortorella. It doesn't matter how well Sean performs, or how much of a model citizen he is off the ice, he'll never make it in the league again because obviously Torts hates him, and has poisoned the entire league against him, up to and including the war room in the NHL offices. Obviously he was doing well in places like Dallas, but Torts from his cozy broadcast booth spread lies about him, and the hate & vitriol multiplied.

It is a shame that a horrible coach like Tortorella won't give him a chance, and has obviously made it impossible for him to find another team to play on. He is clearly a better goal scorer than everyone on the list you quoted (look at his goals/TOI!!), and would make a far better LW on Gaborik's line than anyone else. His board work, vision, passing, hustle, shot, grit, and defensive play are far better than Anisimov's. So yes, everyone on that list should be made expendable if it means finding a place in the lineup for Sean.

The team's winning ways began the day Sean was called up. Even without him in the lineup after he made the roster the team began a win streak. It is clearly the energy and hunger he brings to the team that made the difference, and it is even more evident when he hits the ice. He's a damn fine hockey player and those who argue that it is merely coincidence that the team has a far better record with him than without him are all just idiots, every single one of them. The "Avery effect" is a scientific, proven fact, and no one can possibly argue against his value to the team.

One day, when his Swiss NLA team goes undefeated for the season, everyone will see what his presence can do for a hockey team. He'll get revenge on his doubters. Until then, it is painfully obvious that John Tortorella (a.k.a. "the evil clown") is the cause of 32 NHL teams wanting nothing to do with him. He spread lies about him to the GM's of the league, poisoned his name with other coaches, suggested to on-ice officials that his play should be penalized more, created false media reports about his off-ice behavior, and in general made everyone believe that he is a distraction to the teams he plays on and has no respect for the game. Most of this before he ever coached Sean! ALL LIES! The man should be sued for libel.

He has single-handedly ruined the career of one of the most entertaining hockey players ever to be in the league, and should never hold a coaching position in the NHL because of it.

Had me fooled until about half way through.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Yep i have no clue about hockey, never watched a game in my life. You are so right a GWG just like that game tieng goal by Drury those guys are clutch there worth every penny, respected veterans. Oh and ya Avery is a big defensive liability i mean hes a +3 draws penalties but man is he dreadful. Mitchell is defensive stud.
I'm with you, man. How can people not see what Sean brings defensively? How well he does pressuring the puck, and how many penalties he draws for the team?

The fools can't see why he has single-handedly contributed to so many wins, can't understand why they have the record they do with him in the lineup. Solidarity, brother.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:23 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Had me fooled until about half way through.
This guy is the best. I've nearly started flaming at him half a dozen times without realizing.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Everyone who alludes to his 3 goals in toi/game etc totally forgets that he is on pace for a whopping 0 assists.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Everyone who alludes to his 3 goals in toi/game etc totally forgets that he is on pace for a whopping 0 assists.
They know what they're doing. They know that Avery couldn't possibly continue at that pace. But they're carrying that poor, misunderstood statistic as a flag with a grin on their face, almost admitting that it's invalid, but still using it for the purpose of the argument.

The argument most have taken to is "Why is EC on the team!".

Avery's cap hit. EC's cap hit. Neither player is going to play. Want to pay 3x as much for somebody not playing?

There is no love affair with EC. He's not "Tort's boy". He's a spare, cheap, serviceable forward.

The argument being presented is the practice of staring rationality and reality in the face, and denying it.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Khelvan

Quote:
It's because Torts hates him and refuses to play him on Gaborik's wing, where clearly his vision & passing skill would mean Gaborik should lead the league in goals this year.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:41 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
another thing for HBO to make the rangers look bad

Old
12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNYR19 View Post
another thing for HBO to make the rangers look bad
HBO has not made the Rangers look bad.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Zil

Quote:
HBO has not made the Rangers look bad.
The dude has a picture of Avery flipping bird to the camera as his avatar. It's really not worth arguing with the Avery fanboys. The fact that people don't understand that this move was made for cap purposes and that Avery is completely irrelevant at this point is just flat out amazing. The fact that people are flipping a **** because Christensen is still here is hilarious. I had no idea people were so passionate about who our healthy scratches are.

Old
12-31-2011, 04:40 AM
NJrocket24

Old Rangers Win/Sean Avery responsibility flowchart

Win WITH Avery= Wow avery sure did spark the team with his energy, he's indispensible, just look at the W/L record with him.
Loss WITH Avery= Team didn't give 100% but Avery was out there trying to spark them, talking trash, getting under skin best in the game, thats what we pay him for
Win WITHOUT Avery= Team stepped up in Avery's absence
Loss WITHOUT AVERY= No energy, needed the pop sean brings, need to bring him back to the lineup.

Old
12-31-2011, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I don’t even know what to say about Sean Avery anymore … except there was more to the Buffalo incident than has been reported—I don’t know why more wasn’t reported—and apparently that was the last straw. Because I thought he should have played in those divisional games, and he didn’t get a sniff. Though had he played and been a factor in those games, it would have been a lot more difficult to get rid of him, and the reaction to him being waived again would have been more loud and angry than it was.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/1...gers+Report%29

Quote:
Avery has been a healthy scratch the past nine games, not playing since a 4-1 win at Buffalo on Dec. 10. Before that game, coach John Tortorella was angered when he found Avery’s mother and a family friend in the team’s dressing room.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._for_2nd_time/

Quote:
And as for the Bergen Record report about the incident at the morning skate in Buffalo, there was a little bit more to it than that.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/1...s-go-time-173/

What happened in Buffalo? That's the last game Avery played.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:12 AM
Khelvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What happened in Buffalo? That's the last game Avery played.
Nothing, he just rubs Torts the wrong way. He would never do anything to harm or distract the team, or go against team policies. He just pissed off the wrong guy, and is paying for it.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:56 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

when this team hoists the cup in a few years everyone will forget avery

Old
12-31-2011, 06:12 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

What happens in Buffalo stays in Buffalo?

12-31-2011, 06:30 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I told the whole board about this right after it happened. My source is right inside the NYR org. He said it was "no big deal" - but Evil Clown Torts evidently thought otherwise... Whatever

Old
12-31-2011, 07:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Besides Renney,which coach hasn't Avery annoyed? Stop blaming Torts.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:39 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

The team has 50 points in 36 games. That, for sure, exceeds whatever expectations I had for this point in the season and is precisely the reason I'll remain confident in JT's roster decisions. 23-9-4 going into the Winter Classic. No way did I expect that.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:41 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Guys, keep it civil or you'll be removed from the discussion.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:02 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Besides Renney,which coach hasn't Avery annoyed? Stop blaming Torts.
Please accept my irony... in this above instant. Results are speaking for themselves...

Old
12-31-2011, 08:13 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The dude has a picture of Avery flipping bird to the camera as his avatar. It's really not worth arguing with the Avery fanboys. The fact that people don't understand that this move was made for cap purposes and that Avery is completely irrelevant at this point is just flat out amazing. The fact that people are flipping a **** because Christensen is still here is hilarious. I had no idea people were so passionate about who our healthy scratches are.
It's like some kind of fatal attraction thing.

Spooky...

Closed Thread