HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

12/30/11 "Smile For HBO" - Rangers VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 03:09 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Can't believe Garrison is getting all this PP time...What one skill will do for a guy...just don't ask him to pass.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:12 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
I'm not going to even bother posting on the main board Kopecky thread since I would just get over 9000 Rangers homers after me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Maybe Pesky should have just turned to him and said "Thank you, may I have another?"
This, you don't let **** like that happen without a response.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:14 AM
flapanthersfan

where are the clowns who were defending clemmensen now? this guy is costing us games...he's incredibly bad and needs to get replaced, and soon. if we can't trust our backup, theodore is going to wear down.

call up markstrom and see is some sucker will take clemmensen off our hands, if not, send him to san antonio. dallas did it with raycroft...bachman outplayed him and he earned his way as the backup, and they're even in worse shape financially than we are.

no more excuses, get markstrom up here dale. it's going to be a crying shame if having clemmensen consistently blowing games costs us a playoff spot.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Clemmensen really needs to get his game together he is hurting this team at the moment. Not just in this match but his poor performances also stop Jose from getting the rest he probably needs to last the whole season. I would much rather we brought up Markstrom to be the backup another couple of poor performances by Clemmensen and it has to happen.

The main boards are crazy there were so many threads on the punch by Kopecky. All the NYR fans seem to think Del Zotto is a complete victim and that the double hit to the head by him didn't even happen. I love the attempted reasoning such as it only hit him in his head as Kopecky had his head down or that Del Zotto wasn't even looking when hit hit Kopecky. Wonder what the league will do about the incident.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:43 AM
nhlfan9191

Lol why do I always have to be right about goalies? I told everyone Clemmenson was a bum from the start. Clemmenson will likely hit waivers tommorow or next week.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:52 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
I'm so embarrassed. On HBO, for everyone to see. I felt like coach forfeited this game. You start your best against their best. They saved Henrik for us didn't they? I'm disappointed.
This is the first bad mistake by Dineen. Here are the 2 reasons it's so bad.

1) Rangers are one of the hottest teams in the NHL and Theodore easily gives the team the best chance to win other than Markstrom.

2) Theodore has awful numbers against his former team in Montreal and although it's exciting to watch a guy play against a team he previously won a hart and a vezina with, his confidence is in grave danger.

Old
12-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
where are the clowns who were defending clemmensen now? this guy is costing us games...he's incredibly bad and needs to get replaced, and soon. if we can't trust our backup, theodore is going to wear down.

call up markstrom and see is some sucker will take clemmensen off our hands, if not, send him to san antonio. dallas did it with raycroft...bachman outplayed him and he earned his way as the backup, and they're even in worse shape financially than we are.

no more excuses, get markstrom up here dale. it's going to be a crying shame if having clemmensen consistently blowing games costs us a playoff spot.
This!

Old
12-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
This!
What else is burning a hole in me. Not the fact that we lost to the rags, whom ( if it wasn't for Clemmer blowing the game) we played right along with them, maybe even better than and I can't stand the Rags. It's the fact that they were doing the 24/7 and we lost on HBO!!!! We're having an unbelievable season and they record one of the games where Clemmer blew it. I hope they crush Montreal tonight.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:05 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Del Zotto should also get a game for trying to shove his stick down Kopecky's throat. Really hurts us being down 6 forwards as it is.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What else is burning a hole in me. Not the fact that we lost to the rags, whom ( if it wasn't for Clemmer blowing the game) we played right along with them, maybe even better than and I can't stand the Rags. It's the fact that they were doing the 24/7 and we lost on HBO!!!! We're having an unbelievable season and they record one of the games where Clemmer blew it. I hope they crush Montreal tonight.
Yeah indeed.. They played pretty well with Theo in net. If Clemmensen would not have started this game...I am sure Tallon wont like this either!

Old
12-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Yeah indeed.. They played pretty well with Theo in net. If Clemmensen would not have started this game...I am sure Tallon wont like this either!
And to top it all off, and is kind of Panthetic actually, the SunSentinel actually had the Panthers on the front page, but of coarse it's to bash the team. The one game where Clemmer blows the game in the first period, all of the newspapers finally put the Panthers on the front page. It really is pathetic, that when the Panthers succeed( and they will continue too this season, I have no doubt) they put the team on the 3rd-last page, with a quarter page article and a little to no picture, with sex ads all in the article. When we have a bad game here and there, they have to make it a front page article with big color picture so they can bash the team??? They talked about the Panthers and the Winter Classic at Marlins stadium and said because we blew it on HBO, that we have no chance. I hate the local media!!

Old
12-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Tuco

So, you guys think a better back up goalie would get us flying again? Sorry, but I don't buy that.

Injuries are obviously playing a major part. They are wearing us down. So, does that mean that when Goc, Bergy, Upshall, Skille etc get back, we'll become a good team again?

I'm afraid it won't be that easy. I took a look at our stats since the game against caps Dec 5th. Since then, Versteeg has played 11 games and picked up 10 points, which is close to his avg production this year, so he is dong fine. Weiss has played 9 games with a total of 3 assists only, clearly below his production earlier in the season. Flash has played 11 games with only 4 points. Obvious reduction in PPG for him too.

Our top d-men have kept their production level better than Weiss and Flash, except that Kulikov has only got 1 point since the Caps game, and none in his last 9 games. I think this is the real reason we are slowing down: our top guys can't keep up with the level of production they did early in the season.

So, while we will get better once we get healthy, there are other worries too. Especially Weiss, Flash and Kuli need to start producing again. Otherwise we'll be in trouble going forward.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:44 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I watched the game late on DVR and gave up after it was 4-0. Clemmensen is freaking horrible. I honestly can almost compare him to the suckiness of Alex Auld. I agree with this being Dineen's worst decision easily. Now that Theodore played over 2/3 of the game, I wonder how capable he'll be of starting tomorrow. We seriously have to win against the Habs or first place may not be ours much longer. Oh yeah. I think Kopecky's punch was a bit out of line, but not as bad as most are making it out to be. I was more surprised by Rupp's punches afterward. Frustrations just boiled over after a rough game. It should make an interesting game against the Rangers next week.
Unless you believe Jose should play both games, which game ge plays is arguable, based on the subjective opinion on who we'd likely beat.
I would have played him in both.
But to choose one, as I said pregame, I would have done exactly what Dineen did here and play theo tonight against the weaker team. Playing Clemmer against the weeker team evens up any advantage.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:53 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
By the way, I fully expect Kopecky to get suspended a couple games after the watching the replay of all the hoopla.

Del Zotto instigates the thing, but I doubt an obvious sucker punch doesn't lead to a suspension.
I'm not so sure. 3 guys could get suspended, or nothing could happen too. Delzotto teeth bashing is offensible, as was kopescky then getting jumped.

I won't be shocked if nothing happens, but these days who knows.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I'm a Panthers fan so I'm going to be more on Kopy's side than not. With that said, if it was the other way around and Kuli gets decked like that, I'd be going "wtf?" So the Ranger fans have a right to justify things just like we do. More importantly, we lost the game and that sux.

We'll probably see Barch go with Rupp next week and that will be the end of it. I just hope a few of our injured can return and we can win that game.

I got to give Bradley some props. He's played pretty good the last few games. Tonight he had a few big hits and scored our only goal, pretty solid night for him.

-ghoste
Ghoste, if Kulikov did what del zotto did then he should expect the same. Del zotto went looking for trouble and he got it. Its pretty black and white to me.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Ghoste, if Kulikov did what del zotto did then he should expect the same. Del zotto went looking for trouble and he got it. Its pretty black and white to me.
dropped pretty quick when he was hit, too. Didn't look like it was that good of a punch, and he cross checked him square in the face, then got him again.

Barch will go with Rupp, and will make sure he and Prust stay away from Kopecky. If Del Zotto wants to go with Kopecky, I'm sure he'll oblige.

Rags fans asking for a suspension...

12-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I'm not going to even bother posting on the main board Kopecky thread since I would just get over 9000 Rangers homers after me. This, you don't let **** like that happen without a response.
I loved the response," kopecky should have whacked him in the skates with his stick". Lol. Sounds like a fair tradeoff. Gotta love all the rangers homers, very amusing.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
dropped pretty quick when he was hit, too. Didn't look like it was that good of a punch, and he cross checked him square in the face, then got him again.

Barch will go with Rupp, and will make sure he and Prust stay away from Kopecky. If Del Zotto wants to go with Kopecky, I'm sure he'll oblige.

Rags fans asking for a suspension...
Yeah I don't think there's any suspension coming. And I can't wait to hear all the rangers fans crying.

Closed Thread