HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Blues - Hateful

Old
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
HFBoards breeds negativity. Thought it was a good win on the road.
it was decent.. not no where near as good as we can play. not to mention weber, wilson, klein being out.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Long story short, we just won a road game against a division opponent while our best forward and best defenseman were out. Ill take it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Long story short, we just won a road game against a division opponent while our best forward and best defense man were out. Ill take it.
you make it sound damn good. *high fives*

Old
12-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
That says more about our top 6, really.

It was not a pretty win, but it was a win, and a good cap to a crazy 2011.
3 of the top 6 stats in last 18 games

74 18 GP. 3G 2A 5 Points
12. 18 GP 4G 1A. 5 Points
27. 18 GP. 2G 1A. 3 Points

Anyone else see a problem. You guys win, but without Rinne, this team would REALLY struggle. I know they play against other top lines, but those stats say a lot!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 11:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Yes. We got two, they got one, so we make up one point in the difference, so we're three points back.
My fault. I read your post wrong.

Hey guys. A win!

Holding everything I have like it was broken
Gimme something good
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Soundgarden

What happened to Willy?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
TootooTrain
-

2 points against a strong blues squad is a pretty good night. Didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight because of work, just checking the highlights now. Looks like the goalies were putting on a bit of a show. A combined 70 shots total in the game not counting missed attempts and blocks...that's nuts.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:29 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Long story short, we just won a road game against a division opponent while our best forward and best defenseman were out. Ill take it.
Absolutely. Every game against those guys feels like a bloody playoff game, this is a solid win, despite the mistakes/problems.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:58 AM
cleangene

From the Sports Revolution Facebook page: " Preds last 10 wins have been by one goal." Talk about keeping an audience glued to their seats!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 02:28 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I think this was a great way to end 2011, any win over the Blues is a good win, especially on the road!!

Early in the game the broadcast showed a stat and now that Pekka has the W tonight....Rinne is now tied with Niemi for most wins in the calendar year of 2011 with 42!! And the Sharks have no more games so Niemi can't go back ahead.

Also, and I don't know how, but according to the stats, we are 5th in the West in scoring with 100 goals. It doesn't feel like we're the 5th highest scoring team in the west.

Anyway, Happy New Year!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:03 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
I think this was a great way to end 2011, any win over the Blues is a good win, especially on the road!!

Early in the game the broadcast showed a stat and now that Pekka has the W tonight....Rinne is now tied with Niemi for most wins in the calendar year of 2011 with 42!! And the Sharks have no more games so Niemi can't go back ahead.

Also, and I don't know how, but according to the stats, we are 5th in the West in scoring with 100 goals. It doesn't feel like we're the 5th highest scoring team in the west.

Anyway, Happy New Year!
Perception and reality rarely match here.

Our goal scoring has been mid pack all year and the current 5th in goals scored is partially an illusion of games in hand for teams like San Jose with 99 goals in 34 games. We're 7th in goals per game in the West and that stat just dipped below last year's level (down to 2.55 g/g this season vs 2.6 g/g last).

Pekka has been just as lucky as he's been good the past two games. He's scrambling a lot, getting out of position, and leaving wide open nets for the opposition to shoot at. He's gotten lucky in both of the last two games that pucks have bounced over the guys' sticks or they simply missed. Add in a couple of solid pipe shots and decent, not spectacular, play by Peks has been enough. The D is doing a better job of collecting rebounds left in the slot. Playing with an added sense of urgency on the back end seems to be partially paying off with Weber out.

Offensively, we're getting good chances. Smith with another couple good looks, Erat with the breakaway, Hornqvist with a few net crashes that where the centering pass was either broken up or he didn't get it past the goalie. Now the guys need to convert on those quality chances.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Our color guy substitute is f-ing terrible. Where is Terry?
Thank god we finally got some relief from that idiot Crispy. Stu Grimson offered more insight last night than what we have heard from Crappy all season. Crispy tries to become the whole show and never shuts up. He repeats himself game after game and sounds drunk half the time. I know he's not really drunk, and that makes his performances even more pathetic.

Dump Crispy, bring on Grimson!

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:01 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Thank god we finally got some relief from that idiot Crispy. Stu Grimson offered more insight last night than what we have heard from Crappy all season. Crispy tries to become the whole show and never shuts up. He repeats himself game after game and sounds drunk half the time. I know he's not really drunk, and that makes his performances even more pathetic.

Dump Crispy, bring on Grimson!
There's a huge difference in their active frames of reference. Crispy played in the 60s-70s and coached two decades ago. Stu was just coming up as Crispy left coaching the game and played relatively recently. Crisp does repeat himself and talk over plays too often ... but occasionally still has a worthwhile nugget ... Stu and McKenzie both have a very different style in the commentator's chair and provide a perspective we haven't been bombarded with for a continuous decade plus.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:05 AM
NoNecksCurse

I preferred stu over terry .. crispy is just too much for me. not to mention, he gets distracted too much and repeats the same things every night. like a broken record

Old
12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I preferred stu over terry .. crispy is just too much for me. not to mention, he gets distracted too much and repeats the same things every night. like a broken record
He is from the record generation ... not even 8 track or cassette days.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Any word on Wilson?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson has the flu.

I like the Grim Reaper. When Terry decides he cannot continue on I wouldn't mind having him as the color guy. Until then, it is Crispy's job. It's only fair. The guy may not be the best color guy in the game, but he is still here and that is that.

A pretty chippy game happened last night. Aside from the officiating I enjoyed the hell out of it. I kind of wish McGrats would have rearranged a face, but all-in-all it was fun for me and those who were here.. Rinne is looking sharp again. Josi is a ****ing beast. Now we need to face a real offense to see where our d-corps really is at this point. Our last two wins have come against teams with poor (Minny) or average (StL) offenses. Of course, we are short two top four guys.

Calgary cannot help us gauge that. Our offense is statistically better, and our defense is barely lacking. Dallas is hardly ahead of the BLOOOOOS as far as offense is concerned. The same goes for Carolina. The next big test for our defense is on the 14th against Philly. By then I hope KK and SW are good to go because those guys know how to bury it. We will see

Last edited by TMI: 12-31-2011 at 11:31 AM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:50 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

grimson looked awful in HD. I have to admit, I do like him more with Tom than Pete, just as I like Crisy with Weber. Maybe it is familiarity. I did find it funny that they kept calling each other Terry and Tom.

As far as the game, it was one of the more uneventful games the two teams had. It wasn't as dirty as a lot of these games are. It was a had tight defensive game. STL carried the physical play, which isn't a shock to anyone. there were your normal bad calls, weak calls, and mary kay calls. It was good none of those had an impact on the game. I thought we played well across the board, all d pairs and all 4 lines. We had a few scrambles, but that is to be expected in any game. Our goalie made saves when he had to, as did theirs. Not much to complain about when you are missing 2 of your top 3 dmen, and arguably your best offensive forward right now. On the road it doesn't matter how you get two points, you get them. We have done a great job treading water without Weber. Just have to do it a few more games hopefully.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote