HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Went and saw Mission Impossible on Imax, they showed one trailer before the movie started-it was about 10 minutes from the next Dark Knight movie. People clapped after the trailer was over, which is something I've never seen. It kind of ruined Mission Impossible for me because I would have rather have kept watching Dark Knight instead.

Old
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Went and saw Mission Impossible on Imax, they showed one trailer before the movie started-it was about 10 minutes from the next Dark Knight movie. People clapped after the trailer was over, which is something I've never seen. It kind of ruined Mission Impossible for me because I would have rather have kept watching Dark Knight instead.
The only time I've witnessed that was when the Star Wars Phantom Menace trailer came out. People paid for a movie ticket just to see that trailer. When the trailer got done playing, people literally left the theatre.

Old
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The only time I've witnessed that was when the Star Wars Phantom Menace trailer came out. People paid for a movie ticket just to see that trailer. When the trailer got done playing, people literally left the theatre.
Now that we have Youtube, no moron will ever waste money like that again.

Oh, and I saw MI: Ghost Protocol, too. I haven't seen the first three, though. Were they any good?

Old
12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

Oh, and I saw MI: Ghost Protocol, too. I haven't seen the first three, though. Were they any good?
The first MI was ok, the next 2 were a total waste of time - and no tripods were harmed in the making of any of the MI movies because they were never even ordered.

We'll be watching Ghost MI on HBO someday.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Really? Hmm, maybe if you go to more midnite shows you get it more often. It seems like alots of super hero/super hyped action movies get that kinda reaction with the later crowd.

Old
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

New EHM 2007 playthrough. Looking good so far. Remember, this is 2006...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
12-31-2011, 05:02 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

One and three were good. The second one was crap.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Telos, that the default DB?

Old
12-31-2011, 01:06 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
The first MI was ok, the next 2 were a total waste of time - and no tripods were harmed in the making of any of the MI movies because they were never even ordered.

We'll be watching Ghost MI on HBO someday.
Agreed. I thought the 1st movie was great and Emilio Estevez gets killed really quick which is a plus.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Telos, that the default DB?
Pretty much, yeah. It's fully updated and I use a couple of tweaks mainly for aesthetics, like having the official arena names put in, etc... Only thing I have changed is I have updated the salary cap to $54m.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Pretty much, yeah. It's fully updated and I use a couple of tweaks mainly for aesthetics, like having the official arena names put in, etc... Only thing I have changed is I have updated the salary cap to $54m.
Holy stacked Batman! 3 60 point D, several 100 point caliber guys and the best goalie in the game. Have fun with that cap

Old
12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I just got back from the NYC NHL store and there was hardly any Kings stuff there. Just a shirt, a Quick jersey and a puck. It was pathetic considering that the Coyotes were better represented. This is the second time I've been there and there was even less Kings stuff this time around. I know East Coast bias and all that, but come on!

Old
12-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Holy stacked Batman! 3 60 point D, several 100 point caliber guys and the best goalie in the game. Have fun with that cap
I just need to find a high octane winger, but I am depleted on resources as I spent quite a bit on the defense and center position (Pronger is typically easy, but Bouwmeester took quite a substantial amount, when I was done with the deals, management was considering firing me and now all of my players have 'believes it would be a mistake for management to let the GM go' under the profiles ). One typically falls into your lap sooner or later when Ovechkin becomes tradeable, Kovalchuk sees free agency, and other etc...

I usually get Cheechoo because of his awesome contract, but he never performs up to snuff for me and usually taps out at about 50-60 points per year regardless of what I do. Both Sully and Cammy are typically a coin flip for me. sometimes they develop into top 6, 80 point players, and sometimes they remain 50 point guys. Figured I would give them a shot this time around and try to keep my wings together and develop internally.

Made sure to get Ryan to ensure success, while he may not always turn into a superstar, he is always guaranteed to become a star in the 70-80 point department at the very least.

Old
12-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Here's a better idea of my process:

Acquiring Defense

Forwards and Prospects

The Roster Right Now

Progress After 5 Games

Old
12-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I just got back from the NYC NHL store and there was hardly any Kings stuff there. Just a shirt, a Quick jersey and a puck. It was pathetic considering that the Coyotes were better represented. This is the second time I've been there and there was even less Kings stuff this time around. I know East Coast bias and all that, but come on!
Maybe they sell a ton of it and keep it off the shelf.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Those are some impressive packages to get those guys. Good luck with the team.

Kinda wants me want to do a Kings one on default

Old
12-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Those are some impressive packages to get those guys. Good luck with the team.

Kinda wants me want to do a Kings one on default
Overpaid out the wazoo for Bouwmeester, but I've never had him on my team before. Had just about every player other than him. Always one of the best defensemen in the game. It is worth it

Old
12-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Overpaid out the wazoo for Bouwmeester, but I've never had him on my team before. Had just about every player other than him. Always one of the best defensemen in the game. It is worth it
Ive actually never seen JBo do good, shouldve gone for Dion Or Pitkanen for that matter

Old
12-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Here's a better idea of my process:

Acquiring Defense

Forwards and Prospects

The Roster Right Now

Progress After 5 Games

Needz moar roster updatez!

Old
12-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Ive actually never seen JBo do good, shouldve gone for Dion Or Pitkanen for that matter
I've had both of them before, but I can't think of a playthrough where Bouwmeester wasn't in the top 4 of the league. I can think of a few where he is #1 even. I just wanted to spice things up and have a very strong defensive and goaltending structure with a varied offensive one, kinda like with what we have today I will agree that Phaneuf is very comparable, and that Pitkanen is likely better most of the time as he turns into sheer ridiculousness as he advances, nearly every skill being in the green and my scouts in 2014 say he is capable of 100 points as a defenseman... Can't beat that Just felt like a change of pace.

I did acquire Regehr today though, someone who I have had tremendous success with in the past. Need someone to be that rock on defense after Norstrom retires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
Needz moar roster updatez!
Hah, point taken. We'll see as the season progresses...

Last edited by Telos: 12-31-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old
12-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Wow, Ive never seen J Bo do good ever in default, I usually do get Pitkanen though

Old
12-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Wow, Ive never seen J Bo do good ever in default, I usually do get Pitkanen though
Yeah, Pitkanen is a god in default, that's for sure. I've picked him up several times myself.

Any other databases you can recommend to me? I typically like to play default, as I haven't found too many other ones quite as good or researched. Some come out that are interesting for a little bit, but none that have captured my interest or that I would entertain the idea of playing regularly.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Yeah, Pitkanen is a god in default, that's for sure. I've picked him up several times myself.

Any other databases you can recommend to me? I typically like to play default, as I haven't found too many other ones quite as good or researched. Some come out that are interesting for a little bit, but none that have captured my interest or that I would entertain the idea of playing regularly.
Depends on if you want classic or current. On ehmtheblueline they have new DBs(I reccomend Lidas, and the newest one is being worked on atm with updated CA and PA).

For classic I like the 79/80 DB, its pretty fun. Though Im waiting for a 74 DB that I think is nearly finished. The 79 one is pretty decent(except for the fact some current players in Europe are in it) but the 74 one is gonna be great. Dudes put ALOT of work into research and perfection of the game.

Another one is a late 90s DB but it isnt anything special. He didnt take out the current players so Sid, OV, Malkin, and Tavares are all 19-23.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:

Ya like moses said, ehmtheblueline is where you can find a lot of good DB's. I run the most current one they have although I tweek the ratings a little bit.

Lol and I didn't notice before but your prospect pool has Munce ranked higher than Bernier, made me laugh a little.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
Ya like moses said, ehmtheblueline is where you can find a lot of good DB's. I run the most current one they have although I tweek the ratings a little bit.

Lol and I didn't notice before but your prospect pool has Munce ranked higher than Bernier, made me laugh a little.
Out of like 15 playthroughs till at least 2015, I have never once seen Bernier develop into a NHL goaltender or even come close really. I just traded him in a package for Regehr The original database obviously has it's biases and isn't perfect, but Bernier really got hosed in this game.

Thanks for the recommendations, it has been a while since I have checked them out, so I will give them a try.

Closed Thread