HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Activate full-force tank mode - FLA win 3-2

Old
12-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
I disagree. He'd played very, very well. I was not alive to see either of those two men in their primes (having been born at the end of 93) but I'm sure they too had bad games. Hell, Roy let in 8 or whatever against Detroit and we chased him out of town.

Carey Price is the best goalie of his age group in the league. Everyone says that except us lol. We're so down on our players it's redicolous. As the old adage goes; you're never as good as you look when you're up and never as bad as you look when you're down. Right now the team is way down, but Price, Subban etc... are not playing nearly as bad as it looks.

Will we make the playoffs? Maybe (bordering on probably as much as it pains me to say it) not. However I'll still cheer because I'm not a fairweather fan. I will criticize bad moves by GM's and coaches like the rest of us, but I'll always cheer on the team.

Now, everyone go get drunk.
Thats the problem...many on here weren't alive to see the greats play. So many on here accept mediocrity in the form of the net minder. Price is no where near those that were mentioned. Once again, people want to accept him for what he was perceived as...not about what his actual skill is at. If he doesn't step up soon, you may just see him traded.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
I think a roster movement might be coming. Anyone watching the RDS feed see when it was showing Gautheir. His reaction on his face didn't look to happy.

Now he might always look like that. Tonight was a clear indication that the roster is falling more and more apart. Seem way out of sync. The only players throwing their weight around at the moment are Eller, Cole, Moen, Blunden, Desharnais(bless him though, given his size), Pacioretty, Gorges, and Subban. No effort really from the others.

Its getting old, tiresome, and stale. I hate to see the ripping of the team, but **** enough is enough. I am not saying tank right away. Still have plenty of time to turn around the season. Just we won't be doing it with this team.

Right now we don't have much options available as our players besides the one mentioned above don't have really any value at the moment.

I think we need a roster shakeup drastic, I know its not an over night thing, but something has to happen. I don't mean waiting for Markov, Gionta, White and such to come ack. We need someone from outside the organization that ring some life to the team. Whether its a scorer, which we need some finish back in the lineups or bringing more size and hitters to the lineup.

Wake up Gauthier lets get a refresh to the team. This team needs it you know it, the fans know, the media knows it. I know its common sense, and what makes sense usually doesn't happen in Montreal, but come on. Lets right the ship. We can't keep relying on a goalie and 3 or 4 players out of 18.
it doesn't mater Gauthier's out and if he's not out by weds it would shock me if his trades can be made without molson's approval

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
MJN79

How can Gauthier still have a job by next week is my question, clean house once at for all

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:07 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
it doesn't mater Gauthier's out and if he's not out by weds it would shock me if his trades can be made without molson's approval
I agree with your point. Just something has to happen roster wise, not just managment. A roster shake up is needed.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
it pains me to see this and know all the people in pro hockey who thought gainey was out of his mind in 09 - which he clearly was...

when he traded for gomez and basically signed a series of random injury prone dwarfs with 0 idea for team structure and needs
..i thought 'ok' as godly goal-tending hid the problems for two years..
but even with all the injuries and atrocious signings it's still no excuse for the way most of these guys are playing.

how our pro talent evaluators couldn't see that we are a perimeter team is ****ing beyond me. look at cole--the only guy to go to the net to pay the price...nobody else...not maxpac...maybe gio...and nobody else...nobody
and cunney benches leblanc for....a guy who played 4 ****ing minutes

injuries???
panthers were missing 6 of their top 9 forwards
Gainey is and was the biggest problem that the Habs have faced in years. Anyone that is happy with the product that he created is looking in from another realm. BG is by far the biggest problem that we have faced in the past 10 years. He has set this team back much farther than anyone of us could actually imagine.

Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Who's watching Infoman?

They just mentioned Gomez's last goal in February.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:08 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
I agree. He has been worse than horrible. No O in his game at all. A waste to put good wingers on his line.

TRADE HIM.

We will never win the cup with him as our first line center.

so when we get rid of Pleks, how many points does our #1 scorer have?

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
did they actually show gauthier leaning against a wall alone upstairs?
the skinny sideburnless twit is done
like a sauteed tofu casserole
On RDS they showed him up there alone leaning back against a wall and letting out one of those "Ewwww the pressure is heavy..." hard breathes.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Plekanec and Subban are different players. They both had much more offensive upside and are now completly focused on the defensive aspect. We changed our race cars into tractors, Martins "system" was a success.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
#panthers Kris Barch was kick out of the game because of racial comment. PK Subban did not hear it. A linesman did.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...10756253863936

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:09 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

The Canadiens have 2 options:

1) Major trades
2) Gauthier goes

that before January 4

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Gainey is and was the biggest problem that the Habs have faced in years. Anyone that is happy with the product that he created is looking in from another realm. BG is by far the biggest problem that we have faced in the past 10 years. He has set this team back much farther than anyone of us could actually imagine.
gainey was the problem after the tragedy..i'm ok with 03-09 gainey even though i hated the gauthier pro scout hiring from the beginning..but what he did in 09 was a series idiotic and random decisions...it's too bad he didn't step down and regroup in 09 when Gillette 'invited' him to...

Old
12-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
On RDS they showed him up there alone leaning back against a wall and letting out one of those "Ewwww the pressure is heavy..." hard breathes.
he's done. dead man walking. how he stays in place till wednesday is the question

Old
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

I think that he's gone January 2nd.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Equipment malfunction!

Old
donghabs98

vCash: 567
we shouldn't be this bad

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:12 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
we shouldn't be this bad

Exactly lol. That's what is curious to me, on paper we're a top 8 in the East, we just can't seem to get any offense going of late.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post

1) Major trades
2) Gauthier goes

that before January 4
If either happen by then. We know where managments head is at. They either try to fix the team, bring in new vision for managment, or stay status quo and not try to change anything(this being the stupid option, which we should look to expect).

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
we shouldn't be this bad
But we are.

Gomez, Markov and the Kabs contracts are beyond **** and pathetic. Anyone who signed them should be fired on the spot.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:14 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
this team reminds me of the 2007 flyers

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Hugo Sham

we're the Yankees of a decade ago..deep pockets...no management vision and taking on all these toxic contracts--with lazy overpaid vets instead of using all that money wisely with the best possible scouts and management and wise UFA signings

Old
12-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
With the sixth pick overall the Montreal Canadiens are happy to call up to the podium Ryan Murray!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

1) Major trades
2) Gauthier goes

that before January 4
Ok so whoever we replace him with gets to clean up gaineys mess instead? Oh ya plenty of guys just lining up for that job. Gauthier is not the problem.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

1) Major trades
2) Gauthier goes

that before January 4
Gauthier buys out Gomez.

Gauthier: "Mr.Gomez was an individual that gave us great hockey throughout most his journey in Montreal, but we felt that recently, he wasn't playing up to his standards and pushing his weight in the team. Due to our current situation, something needed to be done and we believe this was causing a distraction inside the room. I've spoken to Mr. Gomez and we came to the agreement that this move was for the better of this team in the battle for a playoff spot, Mr.Gomez is a class act. We believe young players such as Mr. Desharnais and Mr. Eller are ready to assume the role that Mr.Gomez was no longer able to successfully fill and that's for several years to come. All of our endeavours to Mr.Gomez and we wish all of our fans a great 2012."

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:18 PM
raz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
With the sixth pick overall the Montreal Canadiens are happy to call up to the podium Ryan Murray!

6ft0, 185 lbs?

raz123 is offline   Reply With Quote